Twin Turbo Ford GT!!! Dyno numbers!!!!!!

LeoGSVT

Banned
fordgt-resize.jpg

gtpic2-resize.jpg
....these are just a few pics somebody else took...ill go over to his house today and get some more...

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
Serpentor said:
Man... I just shot my wad all over my laptop

umm.. in the intake manifold, where its always been?

I was thinking they would get a big Air to air intercooler... Unless the stock intercooler is sufficient. But the turbo air charge is going to be MUCH hotter... might be worth it to upgrade the stock intercooler, and get a better water to air, if not an air to air... if size is a constraint.

03'Darin

Established Member
Insane!! Dumb question, but how in the world can that little air filter feed the demand for air from that beast??

Dumber question...... what in the world does this guy do for a living that he can not only afford this car, but afford to mod it the way he does??? I'm very envious!!

86strokerlx

Ford dreamer
Established Member
ilumo said:
I was thinking they would get a big Air to air intercooler... Unless the stock intercooler is sufficient. But the turbo air charge is going to be MUCH hotter... might be worth it to upgrade the stock intercooler, and get a better water to air, if not an air to air... if size is a constraint.

Turbos are much more efficient than roots superchargers and actually heat air less than a roots blower so the stock intercooler should be plenty fine.

Air to air in the rear of a car is hard to do becuse of air flow being limited. Running twin water intercoolers would probably be the next step if they begin having a charge air problem.

Wicked car. I'm subscribing! :banana:

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
86strokerlx said:
Turbos are much more efficient than roots superchargers and actually heat air less than a roots blower so the stock intercooler should be plenty fine.

Air to air in the rear of a car is hard to do becuse of air flow being limited. Running twin water intercoolers would probably be the next step if they begin having a charge air problem.

Wicked car. I'm subscribing! :banana:

Are you sure that the temp will be less? Yes, it may be more efficient, but it can still have a higher OUTLet temp as well...

Air to air in the rear is definately harder, thats why I was mentioned the water to air.. either way... bad ass car.

Last edited:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Interesting project. I was wondering when someone would get the balls to do it! Now we just need someone to do the twin Whipples!

Users who are viewing this thread