Twin Turbo car I tuned tonight

Greg@RET

Established Member
Turn the volume up!
Kept blowing the tires off the dyno.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lICGwmEPr_E"]YouTube - Brians TT Bullit @ RET blowing tires off dyno[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t6sbrzDZHA"]YouTube - Brians Bullit @ RET blowing tires off the dyno[/nomedia]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow Greg, that is one awesome turbo Cobra there. Sounds really awesome. I mean REALLY awesome! Making some nice power, too. Nice work you guys did on the tune.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I love the loop on the dyno chart! I walked by your shop the other day (Thursday) and was going to say hi but you looked really busy and I was starving so I just kept walking. You were tuning a yellow mustang and a red c5 vette and you had a bunch of people around you. I had my daily driver getting worked on at your friends shop s&h auto. Your new shop is bad ass!

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Omg I can't wait to turbo my cobra someday lol... sounds sooooo sick!

Greg@RET

Established Member
Thanks guys, I was also impressed by the car. I could tell before I lifted the tires where spinning. No biggie, the a/f is solid and thats all I cared about. We are taking the car to Barona next sat. to see what she does in the 1/8. :rockon:

Greg@RET

Established Member
Two Bullit's facing off :rockon:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRYQm1fQnQ8"]YouTube - Twin Bullit's facing off[/nomedia]

YoungGun

Established Member
Badass car! Any more info on it?

MPH in GA built the car. I know that it has LS1 coil packs (hence the different valve covers) and if I remember correctly it has a turbo 400 transmission in it. Besides that I can't remember much else. Right when it was finished Brian ran it at a local track in GA and it ran around a 5.80 in the 1/8th and 8.93 in the 1/4 I believe. Those were its first passes and the boost wasn't turned up all the way so it could be mid 5's in the 1/8th now.

Greg@RET

Established Member
MPH in GA built the car. I know that it has LS1 coil packs (hence the different valve covers) and if I remember correctly it has a turbo 400 transmission in it. Besides that I can't remember much else. Right when it was finished Brian ran it at a local track in GA and it ran around a 5.80 in the 1/8th and 8.93 in the 1/4 I believe. Those were its first passes and the boost wasn't turned up all the way so it could be mid 5's in the 1/8th now.

Yes it was originally built by MPH back east. There has been many changes since then. Once the track closes we will be doing even more stuff to the car.

I am very happy with the way the car performed for the first time out with so many things changed. First pass off the trailer went 5.7@126. Next pass I put a little more boost in it and it went 5.6@129. Decided to lay on it some more but blew the tires off at the 330'. Put the boost controller back where it was on the 5.6 pass and blew the tires off again. Track at this point wasn't working so we called it a day.

Car ran flawless and gave no issues at all, never even opened the hood lol This track also sits at 1600'. On the 5.7 run the driver locked the tires up at the traps. That made a bunch of smoke at the traps and I thought the motor let go. That was a quick scare to say the least. We didnt like the shut down area at Barona at all... does not have enough room for a car making MPH. After the first run locking the brakes, we used the parachute.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB5b8NX71ik"]YouTube - Brian's Bullitt first outing with new set up 5.61@129[/nomedia]

Couple pics from today...
TTbuilds036.jpg

TTbuilds034.jpg

TTbuilds033.jpg

B C

Established Member
Thank you so very much Greg@RET and everyone else at Racers Edge Tuning. This car is finally running good with all of the changes RET has made. The car was so troublesome before that it really sucked all of the fun out of it. Besides all of the money I was throwing at it trying to fix it. Today was the first time I didn't foul the plugs, kill an O2 sensor or have the car die in the staging lanes and not want to refire. There are still a few more changes and fixes in store but I think the tuning issues I had with this car before have finally been solved.

I am feeling good about my car again.

Users who are viewing this thread