Twin Turbo Boost Control Plumbing

SVT3571

Established Member
Hello,

Twin turbo 03 cobra and looking for some opinions on what is the better boost control plumbing to go with. I currently use a Turbosmart eboost street controller, dual Mac valves, bumper exit exhaust.

Option 1:
IMG_2695.jpeg

Option 2:
IMG_2696.jpeg

What would be the better or correct way to plumb?

SVT3571

Established Member
Either will work, there is no 'better' way. I would use Option 1 personally, it's simpler.
Yeah I mean I know both ways “work” but I guess I’m looking for opinions - my car is currently set up as option 2 but I was seeing varying boost levels in the dyno without touching the controller. I had to turn the controller way down on duty from 20 to 1 to stop an overboost cut. I feel like option 1 would be using the gates more to bleed off and control the boost level? Whereas option 2 is forcing the gate to stay closed as much as it can?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Yeah I mean I know both ways “work” but I guess I’m looking for opinions - my car is currently set up as option 2 but I was seeing varying boost levels in the dyno without touching the controller. I had to turn the controller way down on duty from 20 to 1 to stop an overboost cut. I feel like option 1 would be using the gates more to bleed off and control the boost level? Whereas option 2 is forcing the gate to stay closed as much as it can?
If you are overshooting boost, you have something else going on. You can sure re-plumb it and switch to option 1 and see if something changes.

SVT3571

Established Member
If you are overshooting boost, you have something else going on. You can sure re-plumb it and switch to option 1 and see if something changes.

What is your opinion on option 2 setup as far as function? I feel like the wastegates wouldn’t be bleeding off much/any as the pressure entering the top will be forcing the spring down keeping the gate closed?

From my searching around I couldn’t find anyone suggesting option 2 or stating that they have their car using that method so I’m second guessing having mine set up that way

Last edited:

diambo4life

Established Member
Setup 2 is superior and will give you the most precise control....especially if you have an electronically controlled boost controller. Also make sure you're not sourcing your boost signal pre intercooler for the best results. Can setup 1 work? Yes.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Mine is similar to #2.

My pressure source is from the intake manifold and I have one solenoid for both wastegates.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I thought the wastegate source was supposed to be taken from the outlet of the turbo? If it's ok to use the manifold as a source I might have my son make some changes.

Users who are viewing this thread