screaminr1 said:
Aluminum Teksid cobra block with 4 bolt mains
All forged Manley internals
Sean Hyland stroker kit to a 5.0
Canton oil pan
Stage II Patriot heads and stage II cams
Bullit intake with accufab 1695cfm throttle body
Aeromotive high flow fuel rails,regulator,filter and Y block
04 Cobra tank converted to return system with duel focus pumps (510lph)
60lb injectors (for now)
SCT Big Air MAF
Mezure electric water pump
March underdrive pullies
Aerospace drag brakes in front
STAGE II HP TWIN 57mm TURBO KIT

Here's the pic link
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/856358

All opinions welcome,
Ross

Can't wait to see your numbers. :beer:

Budget or not, those Patriot Heads will come through for you. :thumbsup:

screaminr1

Established Member
bossman429 said:
Why patriot and not just some Port n Polished PI's from Foxlake would cost about the same ...... i heard patriot often has problems.... hope i dont jinx ya but good luck with it

No, the cost isn't really the same, plus you don't know what I spent on the heads. Do a little research on thier heads to see what all they have in them and you will see why I chose them over just some port n polished PI's. I don't mean to come off testy but believe me, I have explained this till I'm blue in the face. My friend at JPMotorsports turned me on to Patriot and he and I both researched them before buying them. They had problems with thier valve guides because they were to short. They have recently resovled that problem by going back to stock length guides. They had a bad run there for a while but several companies have. Anyway, I got them cheap and they have good parts on them and so far, 2,000 miles and no problems. Thanks for your concern though.

Ross

bullitt3055

Established Member
That is amazing.... And just the begining of whats coming... Badass and different from the rest. I love it....

All the work was done their in Austin...? What shop..?

I'm leaving to "Southwest Asia" next month on a high paying contract job... Would love to tackle something like this when I get back and have the funds to do this.

screaminr1

Established Member
bullitt3055 said:
That is amazing.... And just the begining of whats coming... Badass and different from the rest. I love it....

All the work was done their in Austin...? What shop..?

I'm leaving to "Southwest Asia" next month on a high paying contract job... Would love to tackle something like this when I get back and have the funds to do this.

Most of the engine and stuff like that was done a JPMotorsports. All the tuning was and is being done at CCS Tuning.

bullitt3055

Established Member
Thanks for the info Ross.... I found the CCS website and was impressed by what I read. I'm only an hour away from Austin so I'll be making a trip down there soon before I leave to Iraq.

Wish you the best and hope you get that tuned to 600-700hp maybe more....

screaminr1

Established Member
bullitt3055 said:
Thanks for the info Ross.... I found the CCS website and was impressed by what I read. I'm only an hour away from Austin so I'll be making a trip down there soon before I leave to Iraq.

Wish you the best and hope you get that tuned to 600-700hp maybe more....

Cool, ask for Jim, he's the owner. Tell him Ross sent ya. Let me know when you go. Maybe I can meet you down there.

bossman429

Established Member
screaminr1 said:
No, the cost isn't really the same, plus you don't know what I spent on the heads. Do a little research on thier heads to see what all they have in them and you will see why I chose them over just some port n polished PI's. I don't mean to come off testy but believe me, I have explained this till I'm blue in the face. My friend at JPMotorsports turned me on to Patriot and he and I both researched them before buying them. They had problems with thier valve guides because they were to short. They have recently resovled that problem by going back to stock length guides. They had a bad run there for a while but several companies have. Anyway, I got them cheap and they have good parts on them and so far, 2,000 miles and no problems. Thanks for your concern though.

Ross

OK i wasnt aware they fixed the problem with the valve guides... that is the problem I too had always heard... I just saw that Fox lake can PP your heads for 700 or so.... and they would flow plenty good for your appllication.

Anyways... best of luck to ya.!

screaminr1

Established Member
SpookSVT said:
I feel bad for the next guy you pull up to at a stoplight. :burnout:

It's already been fun. I am running 8psi now and I ran into an guy in a c6 zo6 the other day. He acted like he was too cool for school and just kinda shrugged at me. So I slowed down a little and then ran the boost up and blew off next to him. Needless to say I got his attention. He pulled up next to me at a light and asked what all I had and I told him. I asked if he wanted to race and that I was only running 8psi but it would be fun. He declined :shrug: . Would like to have seen. Anyway, lots of fun to come and videos of the runs to go with it. Gotta get the kinks worked out though.

screaminr1

Established Member
bossman429 said:
OK i wasnt aware they fixed the problem with the valve guides... that is the problem I too had always heard... I just saw that Fox lake can PP your heads for 700 or so.... and they would flow plenty good for your appllication.

Anyways... best of luck to ya.!

Yeah, but that doesn't include the bigger valves,cams, 5 angle valve job,brass retainers, PP, dished and some other stuff I can't remember, all for only 1400. I checked into it and deemed it worth the risk. Thanks anyway

Ross

Users who are viewing this thread