Twin Turbo 2001 Mustang

screaminr1

Established Member
svtstnglvr said:
That Thing Is Badass, Crazy How They Only Gave You 3 Stars For Performance

Yeah, I don't know how that thing works. I am learning how to use this digital boost controller and it's crazy. You can change how hard the boost comes in and I had it real soft. Changed it today and daumn! I can't believe I'm only at 6psi and 10* timing and second gear is useless. I haven't even put the 355 gears in yet! I know...video. Working on it. :bash:

Last edited:

screaminr1

Established Member
I apologize for the lag guys. Believe me, I'm ready to turn up the boost and get the video on. We realized after trying to turn up the boost last week that we were running out of fuel. It turned out my original battery that came from the factory was giving out. We were not getting enough voltage to the pumps. I have decided though, just to be thorough, to sell that set up and sump the GT tank. This is due to the power we expect to make and we don't want to run into anymore road blocks. So hopefully by the next week or so the new aeromotive external pump will be in and we will hit the dyno to raise the boost. :read:

Last edited:

screaminr1

Established Member
95riosnake said:
very badass stang. IMO I woulda kept the saleens though...but it still looks mean. :thumbsup:

Yeah. Only problem is the saleens were 64lbs a piece with the tires. I lost 120lbs just by changing rims.

Ironhand

Banned
When you get the car all setup we would love to see a video of it... :)

Just amazing what one of these MOD moters can do..

screaminr1

Established Member
Here's a teaser I guess.I got 490rwhp @ 8psi with only 8* of timing. The maf started messing up so we have to get another one. Very frustating to only get 8psi when I am supposed to be dialing in 20-23psi. Anyway, I'll keep it updated. It will probably take 3-4 weeks to straighten it out. Here's a vid. It takes a while to get it spooled with 327 gears but these mods take time. Rearend and 355 gears will be in soon with the t56. Gotta get this tune worked out first. I thought this would be better than nothing, kept you guys waiting a while....sorry.

http://webspace.utexas.edu/aps55/brandon/ross dyno run3.MPG?uniq=-uoxdgq
Car at idle
http://webspace.utexas.edu/aps55/brandon/ross' car at idle.MPG?uniq=-uoxdgl

Last edited:

screaminr1

Established Member
Thanks, those are stage II cams. They are a little more lopey than I thought they would be just being stage II's but I'm not complaining.

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
Shweet man!!! If i ever see you in A-town you're going to have to run me!! HA. Im from Georgetown. Awesome car!

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
I usually don't post on threads like these...usually. Their are a whole lot of well done cars out there, but after a while you begin to see a trend with what people buy and it starts to irritate me when I see them recreating the same problems over and over again because they just copy someone else.

That said, you sir have done thing right! I normally will look at 2-3 pics and then I have had my fill, but upon viewing the Patriot box I was hooked. After seeing the Christmas stash of other goodies I decided that another page wouldn't hurt....and then another. I have seen/driven alot of very well done cars, and I would place yours amongnst those due to how much planning obviously took place for this car.

So for what it is worth, congrats, and bravo man...you have done one hell of a job, and have a hell of a classy car to prove that.

longrodLX

Established Member
you realize that 3.55s are going to take longer to spool the turbos right? and also those cams are probably hurting performance more than they are helping. thats a sweet ass setup though. we should be tuning my twin 50mm GT this week if i could get this damn maf adaptor plate :shrug:

screaminr1

Established Member
Whitten said:
I usually don't post on threads like these...usually. Their are a whole lot of well done cars out there, but after a while you begin to see a trend with what people buy and it starts to irritate me when I see them recreating the same problems over and over again because they just copy someone else.

That said, you sir have done thing right! I normally will look at 2-3 pics and then I have had my fill, but upon viewing the Patriot box I was hooked. After seeing the Christmas stash of other goodies I decided that another page wouldn't hurt....and then another. I have seen/driven alot of very well done cars, and I would place yours amongnst those due to how much planning obviously took place for this car.

So for what it is worth, congrats, and bravo man...you have done one hell of a job, and have a hell of a classy car to prove that.

Thanks alot man. It means alot when someone can appreciate the money and sweat that has been put into a car instead of just saying what they would have or wouldn't have done. It's refreshing to get a comment from someone who takes the time to see what you have done.

Thanks to everyone else for your comments also. I promise a video when the car is completely tuned and running hella boost. I do this not to brag because there are plenty of nice cars on this board, but to share my passion and diversity in choice. Thanks again

Ross

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
screaminr1 said:
Thanks alot man. It means alot when someone can appreciate the money and sweat that has been put into a car instead of just saying what they would have or wouldn't have done. It's refreshing to get a comment from someone who takes the time to see what you have done.

Thanks to everyone else for your comments also. I promise a video when the car is completely tuned and running hella boost. I do this not to brag because there are plenty of nice cars on this board, but to share my passion and diversity in choice. Thanks again

Ross

Ross it is one thing to see someone spend a whole bunch of money, but it is quite a another to see pictures of that person working on his car, and taking the time to do things to the best that they can be done. Keep it up and post us a video so we can see the fruits of your labor. :beer:

bossman429

Established Member
Why patriot and not just some Port n Polished PI's from Foxlake would cost about the same ...... i heard patriot often has problems.... hope i dont jinx ya but good luck with it

Users who are viewing this thread