Twin Turbo 2001 Mustang

screaminr1

Established Member
Blown02 said:
16k is a hell of a deal-you must have saved alot in labor cause im way over that.

Yeah, I did save alot. Labor is almost 10k on this kind of build. F- that. It took me about 5 months to get all the parts in and about 3 1/2 to 4 months to build it, considering I only worked on it in the evenings and on the weekends and the buddy that was allowing me access to his shop was crazy busy on his customer's cars. Lots of little bullshit that held me back but I think I have it all straightened out. MPH should get you done quicker than I did mine though. They are good guys, they sold me my billit high flow oil gears when no one else had them. Good luck.

Last edited:

Blown02

Established Member
ya i already have the forged 01 cobra motor in my gt right now, my twins with all the boltons shipped and should be here this week, mph said a week to install and tune the kit with everything else.

screaminr1

Established Member
Blown02 said:
cant wait to see what ur car puts out, should do 650+rwhp with 15lbs

Well, my tune got pushed to Tuesday. I think your right. I am shooting for 700rwhp and I am told that is very attainable with my setup. I wish I had 4v heads but those will have to come later. You car should be insane. 4v heads flow 320cfm stock.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Turbo'd cobra :rockon:

Where did you get those gauges? Howd you get them to fit like that?? Looks real clean.. :thumbsup:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
"Aeromotive high flow fuel rails,regulator,filter and Y block "

Was this a kit or did you buy individually? I saw an Aeromotive fuel kit w/out rails for $1200 and that was with the in tank pump (big bitch). Thats what is holding me back with my car as far as making more horsepower. Well that and other things but mainly that. Need bigger injectors aswell (currently have 42lb with twin 255 walbro)

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
Is this car getting tuned at Gforce in Houston? I saw a gray GT just like that with a twin turbo setup last time I was there.

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
It is getting tuned at CCS tuning in Austin....I got mine tuned there, and he is GOOOOOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
Yes, its a sweet setup, but I hope you dont have to pull everything back out if one of those heads messes up. Going to be a beast man. Cant wait to see the vid.

screaminr1

Established Member
spyder1337 said:
"Aeromotive high flow fuel rails,regulator,filter and Y block "

Was this a kit or did you buy individually? I saw an Aeromotive fuel kit w/out rails for $1200 and that was with the in tank pump (big bitch). Thats what is holding me back with my car as far as making more horsepower. Well that and other things but mainly that. Need bigger injectors aswell (currently have 42lb with twin 255 walbro)

I pieced it together with some crucial insight from JPMotrosports. Converting to return system saves alot of trouble.

Last edited:

screaminr1

Established Member
cobrafanforever said:
hey man i was thinking for a sec and i THINK YOU SHOULD SELL ME YOUR SALEEN RIMS!!!

cobrafan

I actually am going to sell them. I have 265 nitto 555r street tires in front with less than 3k miles on them and 305 nitto 555r drag radial in back but the rears are just about gone. I have a guy offering me $900 for all of it right now.

Last edited:

screaminr1

Established Member
Well, I have the break in tune going. I have about 300 miles on the new motor and I am going to try to get a couple of hundred more before we rake the coals but at only 6psi, me likey. I have a teaser video that I might post that was filmed by the owner at JPMotorsports, who helped me get all this going. I could not have done it without his help. I will try to post it up as soon as we figure out how to load it. It's nothing special since its just a break in tune but it will give you an idea. Should get some boost put on her next week and I will get a dyno video.

Users who are viewing this thread