Twin-screw with catback only??

colin450

Established Member
Anybody running a Kenne Bell or a Whipple with only a catback? I have the 3" Bassani catback and have been looking into getting a Whipple but I'm not sure if it's safe to do without aftermarket headers and no cats or high-flow cats? Thanks in advance guys.

skyhighsd

Established Member
People have had issues with there cats melting with TS on these cars. Just a heads up and a off road X pipe is cheap insurance policy.

colin450

Established Member
People have had issues with there cats melting with TS on these cars. Just a heads up and a off road X pipe is cheap insurance policy.

I figured the cats wouldn't be able to handle it. I'd love to go catless but MA is pretty strict with their emissions. I'm not too worried about inspection cause they've never looked under my car, more about a cop looking under there and giving me a huge ticket.

skyhighsd

Established Member
I figured the cats wouldn't be able to handle it. I'd love to go catless but MA is pretty strict with their emissions. I'm not too worried about inspection cause they've never looked under my car, more about a cop looking under there and giving me a huge ticket.

Your car is lowered right, if I remember right it is. They will have a very hard time seeing anything, plus it is not hard to change out if need be. GL

rdsnk46

Established Member
Go to the junk yard and cut the guards off a set of cats, go to a local exhaust shop and have them tacked on! The look of cats with out any hassle.........

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
i think it depends on what you are doing with the car...tons of racing, might help, but I think with a good tune, and just a daily driver, occaisonally spirited you should be ok. I know I am.

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
Anybody running a Kenne Bell or a Whipple with only a catback? I have the 3" Bassani catback and have been looking into getting a Whipple but I'm not sure if it's safe to do without aftermarket headers and no cats or high-flow cats? Thanks in advance guys.

HAHAHA you stressin that loss to the camaro just a little bit?!! :p

BADSEED

Established Member

my friend has a 350z and my mustang both passed inspection with o/r pipes as long as you dont has a check engine light your good

ZXMustang

Banned
HAHAHA you stressin that loss to the camaro just a little bit?!! :p

The last time I lost a race was in my stock C6. It was to a modded terminator. That led me to buy a blower kit for it that cost me over $10k. Needless to say that once the blower and everything was on, nobody would race me and the car that beat me the owner sold it. Ohwell... You live and learn.
:shrug:

FastOldGuy52

Established Member

Get a high flow catted X pipe and gut the cats. The cop wouldn't be able to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread