Tvs ???

jcf69

Established Member
Will we see egr in 2013 ? Please say yes and when. Want to upgrade but need egr in mass.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Everytime I see this brought up nobody ever says if they're addressing it so I doubt they are. I'd say you'll have to go whipple.

racebronco2

Established Member
I don't see why you can't modify them to get the egr to work. Several people have added an iac to the whipple when modding the dual tb intake for a single blade which includes me. The problem is it's not going to be legal unless it gets a carb number which costs alot of money, i heard a few years ago it was $100,000.

Last edited:

JTBtheWelder

Established Member
I doubt they are going to add an egr. They are selling plenty without one right now. I believe someone did add an egr to one by welding on the necessary fitting though, or at least they were talking about doing it.

bad93svt

Established Member
Justin just ordered another 100 units, so it's doubtful that there will be one w/egr anytime in the near future.

dlc03

Established Member
Any word on the new plenum for the gt500 throttle body. I'm waiting for this to make the jump.

willis414

Established Member
Well I'm also in Mass, you might have to go with a whipple 2.9. I know it sucks I'm forced to drive around on 720rwhp and pass emissions. But sometimes you need to settle for what you can get.

JTBtheWelder

Established Member
As long as you go to place that either doesn't care about the visual part or doesn't know what they are looking at Pete@Performance Dyno has a way to get the computer around emissions even with monitors like the EGR shut off in the tune.

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
As long as you go to place that either doesn't care about the visual part or doesn't know what they are looking at Pete@Performance Dyno has a way to get the computer around emissions even with monitors like the EGR shut off in the tune.

Too bad that is technically a federal offense....:pepper:

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The EGR valve will hang out near the back of the blower if you want to leave the tube and valve intact after the install for visuals.

We may look at some type of retrofit kit in the future, but no plans to add it right now.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Is this the elbow for the gt500 tb? R u guys gonna be making a tb as well or the only option is the mechanical cobra jet one?

Yes this is the elbow for the SCJ SBTB which are currently available from FRPP.
We plan to eventually make our own TBs but that is a long ways off.

Users who are viewing this thread