TVS is on !!

Shaun@AED

Nice! Congrats on the upgrade! Now go find some real fuel (E85) and make another 60HP!

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Nice! These cars put out some awesome numbers.

How much timing and what was the AFR?

Ill_W1N

Established Member
You wont have any traction. Id just run drag radials all the time now. No fun having all that power and cant plant it. Congrats on the tvs!

burke985

Established Member
Nice! Congrats on the upgrade! Now go find some real fuel (E85) and make another 60HP!

Thanks , i still plan on giving you a call gotta put some money back in the piggy bank before i'm ready for you. I wish there was somewhere close , closest gas station is 45 min away with it...... Also the tunes came with the install but i plan on getting you to tune it for me ultimately like we talked about before. Thanks for all your support and im glad i changed my mind.

Nice! These cars put out some awesome numbers.

How much timing and what was the AFR?

I gotta Data log and see

You wont have any traction. Id just run drag radials all the time now. No fun having all that power and cant plant it. Congrats on the tvs!

I think im just gonna get some Super Sports and try and get the best of both worlds

Last edited:

by9468840

Established Member
I have exactly the same setup minus the o/r x pipe.
Would you mind posting your datalog? Vmp tuned mine and I made about 582/509.
Curious how your datalog is compared to vmp's settings.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Yeah Baby!! :banana:
Nice numbers.

I am getting mine when the car is paid off..probably Jan or Feb. I probably will go with VMPs because of the bigger cooler and JLT intake.

BTW..my shop, where Ken Bjones (via Lund) tunes the cars said that 47's are ok with an 82 mm and JLT intake, even without a BAP. They said we should be fine as long as we don't go crazy on timing and try to push it over 600HP.

Cant wait.

CONGRATS!! :beer:
RC

burke985

Established Member
Yeah Baby!! :banana:
Nice numbers.

I am getting mine when the car is paid off..probably Jan or Feb. I probably will go with VMPs because of the bigger cooler and JLT intake.

BTW..my shop, where Ken Bjones (via Lund) tunes the cars said that 47's are ok with an 82 mm and JLT intake, even without a BAP. They said we should be fine as long as we don't go crazy on timing and try to push it over 600HP.

Cant wait.

CONGRATS!! :beer:
RC

Thanks that will be a killer setup:rockon: that will make great power, the tuner that tuned mine said the same thing about the 82mm pulley and also said that the stock fuel pump never leaned out on the dyno when he was tuning it so the BAP really is just there as a precaution and he only has it turned up half way. I just wanted to keep the boost down to 9psi so i used the stock airbox and am very pleased with the results. I think this is the perfect street setup , good luck looking forward to seeing yours.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Thanks that will be a killer setup:rockon: that will make great power, the tuner that tuned mine said the same thing about the 82mm pulley and also said that the stock fuel pump never leaned out on the dyno when he was tuning it so the BAP really is just there as a precaution and he only has it turned up half way. I just wanted to keep the boost down to 9psi so i used the stock airbox and am very pleased with the results. I think this is the perfect street setup , good luck looking forward to seeing yours.

The shop IM looking at is Power by the Hour. That is where the Ken Bjones 200mph Texas Mile TT originated. The shop has a TOP-NOTCH reputation and the tunes are Lund tunes. The advice I got was from a guy who knows his schtuff.

I dont "need" the JLT for the power as I have LT's and am fine with any power level over 550, but i LOVE the way that thing looks in the engine bay, especially the CF one...cant wait..Get us some pics and vids.
RC

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
KenB is a really good tuned. He has probably tuner every setup for the yotes.

burke985

Established Member
The shop IM looking at is Power by the Hour. That is where the Ken Bjones 200mph Texas Mile TT originated. The shop has a TOP-NOTCH reputation and the tunes are Lund tunes. The advice I got was from a guy who knows his schtuff.

I dont "need" the JLT for the power as I have LT's and am fine with any power level over 550, but i LOVE the way that thing looks in the engine bay, especially the CF one...cant wait..Get us some pics and vids.
RC

Yes it does look great i agree you can probably get away just using the 85mm pulley if your gonna run the cai with the VMP kit and still make 600 whp. My goal was to keep the boost down and make as close to 600 as i could and i don't think i could have done it any closer unless it made 599..lol. I may upgrade to the larger heat exchanger later if i see that i need to but so far so good. I made 4 pulls basically back to back on the interstate and car felt the same on every pull. 140 comes pretty quick now :banana:

RC-5.0

Established Member
Yes it does look great i agree you can probably get away just using the 85mm pulley if your gonna run the cai with the VMP kit and still make 600 whp. My goal was to keep the boost down and make as close to 600 as i could and i don't think i could have done it any closer unless it made 599..lol. I may upgrade to the larger heat exchanger later if i see that i need to but so far so good. I made 4 pulls basically back to back on the interstate and car felt the same on every pull. 140 comes pretty quick now :banana:

I want to go ahead and just get the AFCO right off the bad...in S. FL, can never have too much cooling. The other day on the hwy in hot FL heat was running nicely at 195*. My last car, 94, had a Vortech and it was always getting hot...not many cars ran coolers in those years.
RC

burke985

Established Member
I want to go ahead and just get the AFCO right off the bad...in S. FL, can never have too much cooling. The other day on the hwy in hot FL heat was running nicely at 195*. My last car, 94, had a Vortech and it was always getting hot...not many cars ran coolers in those years.
RC

I ran two data logs and the highest it got was 198 at the top of the rpm range on the 3rd thru 4th pull and it went from 195 to 198 starting at 6500 rpm to 7000 rpm. When i started the pull in third temps were at 191. I also added the boss oil cooler as well when i put the supercharger on

Last edited:

RC-5.0

Established Member
I ran two data logs and the highest it got was 198 at the top of the rpm range on the 3rd thru 4th pull and it went from 195 to 198 starting at 6500 rpm to 7000 rpm. When i started the pull in third temps were at 191. I also added the boss oil cooler as well when i put the supercharger on

That's great....once it's on, I don't mind if it goes a tick or 2 above 200, but not more than that. Keep us updated.
RC

by9468840

Established Member

I am using a boss oil cooler. I'd say it works and dropped ECT by about 5 F. My cruising temp is around 190-195 and wot logs never went above 200. Sounds similar to yours.

I am using the Roush supplied HE. On a warm day like 95 F and in traffic i sometimes hit 140F IAT2 but hardly ever over it. spirited cruising is usually 130-135 range when its warm. Or down to 125ish when its about 75-80 outside.

I guess centri guys are running IAT2s hovering around 100-110

Users who are viewing this thread