Tvs is installed!!! Omfg!!!

Boozshey

Established Member
So I headed out this morning to make my way over to Deltona and meet up with Justin at VMP. Got there about 10am, pulled the car up on the dyno to get a base line. After that work began and we went to town installing all my newly acquired parts.

Installed today was:
FRPP 80LB Injectors
Metco Idler Pulley
15% ATI Overdrive Pulley
TR6 Spark-Plugs
EGR Delete

During the first pull the tune wasn't right so it was shut down early and tune was updated.
First Pull: 652hp/654tq

Second pull a lot better but now was spinning on the dyno. A couple adjustments to the straps a couple changes to the tune and it was time again.
Second Pull: 646hp/698tq

Third pull all better. No slip of the tires, tune was better.
Third Pull: 671hp/682tq

That is an increase of 105hp and 125tq. Then came the bad news... Fuels pumps are MAXED!!! So plan is to add a DBAP and should be over 700...

17.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

11.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Congrats..an yes get a bap. Never good to run on Maxed out pumps.

2nd2none

Established Member
you still running stock throttle body? Ive got 72# injectors, 72mm L&M throttle body, 127mm Big JLT intake, VMP TVS, longtube headers.....and tuner never mentioned anything to me about fuel pumps. Wondering now if mine are maxed and if I should add a bap. Maybe it was your ATI pulley that maxed you out. I was at 694hp/737tq on my last dyno tune.

Boozshey

Established Member
VMP 72mm TB.

Justin was surprised and did mention this was the first time he had seen one max so quickly. So who knows.

But nice numbers man. You are where I wanted to be.. :) I think the LT's are helping you out some also.

Kenneth

Established Member
Nice.

I keep going back and forth between porting out the stock one OR the TVS upgrade.
I need to make up my mind by Febuary.

buck24

Established Member
Nice.

I keep going back and forth between porting out the stock one OR the TVS upgrade.
I need to make up my mind by Febuary.

I installed the TVS a few weeks ago, it's a monster, you can't go wrong.

Give Van a call he will set you up

airmanb2b

Established Member
You will be happy with the ati piece. I have had good luck with mine so far. After reading this, i may change my mind and do mods this winter. I planned on just letting it sit and working some stuff when i get to the lower 48 this summer.

Boozshey

Established Member
Yeah I didn't realize I had to grind the upper part of the front cover until it stopped the pulley. Luckily I was able to fit an airgrinders disc back there and make it work without pulling it off again.

Black Sex

Established Member
I just bought a pulley and SXT tuner, but the more I read through this forum, the more I want a TVS. Congrats on the new HP.

When I had my 04 Cobra, I bought all the stuff and did a pulley swap and had it tuned, 3 months later I put a Whipple on and had to have it retuned.
Im skipping the pulley on mine and going for the TVS. It will take alittle longer, but I don't want to waste all that money again.

IA Shelby

Established Member
When I had my 04 Cobra, I bought all the stuff and did a pulley swap and had it tuned, 3 months later I put a Whipple on and had to have it retuned.
Im skipping the pulley on mine and going for the TVS. It will take alittle longer, but I don't want to waste all that money again.

I have been thinking the same way except i am not sure it is a waste of money? if I go pulley tune swap plus ported elbow handheld sct i have approx 1000 invested. if later i buy a tvs, I can still use the smaller pulley/idler, elbow, I already have the sct tuner.if you purchased the original tune setup from either justin or van would they just update the tune for free assuming you just purchased the vmp tvs through them. i haven't put a pencil to the numbers but I am guessing the difference is maybe 300 if you go the slow route. seeing a guy just recently got 14psi out of a tune/pulley/elbow swap that sounds like a good starting point. plus 93 gas in our state is rarity. I plan to take the additional 2500 to 3000 grand and buy some serious tires (toyo r888)and add a lightwieght k member and a mgw shifter.

in the end you are probably right. i will do the above in the spring and by 4th of july a tvs will be added.

Black Sex

Established Member
I have been thinking the same way except i am not sure it is a waste of money? if I go pulley tune swap plus ported elbow handheld sct i have approx 1000 invested. if later i buy a tvs, I can still use the smaller pulley/idler, elbow, I already have the sct tuner.if you purchased the original tune setup from either justin or van would they just update the tune for free assuming you just purchased the vmp tvs through them. i haven't put a pencil to the numbers but I am guessing the difference is maybe 300 if you go the slow route. seeing a guy just recently got 14psi out of a tune/pulley/elbow swap that sounds like a good starting point. plus 93 gas in our state is rarity. I plan to take the additional 2500 to 3000 grand and buy some serious tires (toyo r888)and add a lightwieght k member and a mgw shifter.

in the end you are probably right. i will do the above in the spring and by 4th of july a tvs will be added.

I guess I didn't know the elbow and pulley would swap over to the TVS. That's why I was looking at the TVS in kit form. Know knowing that, it doesn't sound like that bad of an idea. :??:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Yes, the same elbow "plenum" will bolt to the M122 Eaton and the TVS.

Why not just go to the source VMP?

I can give more than 1 good reason why, but leaving it at that.

Mine was a Steggy Snake bite with stock 3" Pulley. That blower still had a little room to grow. But nothing like the TVS could achieve.

Odd, I would have expected more than a baseline of 559 with your previous Steggy setup. Although, I have seen more positive results from POSI's port work and OD pulleys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread