TVS Guys With Aftermarket Converters, I Need Feedback!

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
Your 60' numbers look alot like what I saw with stock versus a 2C. I have pretty much tested them all. Modified stock, 2C, 4C, 5C, and I prefer the 2C to them all in performance and race ability. I am about to put a fuel system in the car and turn it up so we will see how the 2C does with more power.

I think it will work well, the 258's seem to handle the power and street drive much better than the 245's. I hated the 4c I had when my car was na.

Shane's93LX

Established Member
When it comes to normal commuting, does the stock converter behave differently with normal mid-range throttle with a TVS setup compared to NA?

the_mechanic

Speed Garage Chico
Established Member
Something to think about also, if you have an auto if you bump the limiter during the burnout the computer will automatically short shift the next shift and/or pull a boat load of timing away and if your tires start to spin it will also short shift on you. Some tuners leave torque management on in the tune which will reduce torque output until you get going resulting in a slower 60'. On our car with the pump gas 91 tune with an 82mm the car makes a little over 600whp, on average 60's were high 1.6x to 1.7x at best and ran high 10's at 800' elevation. On E85 it will go low 1.5x's all day. Biggest difference is torque management if shut off on the the E85 tune
personally I havent watch a tvs car go faster with a higher stall converter over stock.

Last edited:

FIFTY

Established Member
Just my personal experience but i was pretty much in the same boat as you, i was consistantly cutting 1.59-1.65 with stock converter, with some tuning change and leaving off idle went down to 1.49....and with some track prep had a best of 1.39!!! This is with an 82mm....long story short im glad i put one in.

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
I had forgotten about this thread so I will be doing some updating. Over the winter I switched from the 85mm pulley to a 82mm and swapped out the K springs for some BMR drag springs. I made 3 passes today using MS109 fuel with 60's of 1.41, 1.42, and 1.43, I would definitely suggest a converter to those that don't want to make big power on their stock engines. Checked the da for 4-10 on drag times and it was +1200.

2073b7a0-05d8-46dd-988f-db7699c6e646_zpsqub8inke.jpg

Last edited:

Untchbl

Established Member
My question is, which converter is in there now and how is it for driving.

I'm planning to start going do the N/A rabbit hole this season with plans like yours, to add boost, but not stress the stock long block to hard. I don't want to change the converter out a ton.

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
My question is, which converter is in there now and how is it for driving.

I'm planning to start going do the N/A rabbit hole this season with plans like yours, to add boost, but not stress the stock long block to hard. I don't want to change the converter out a ton.

I have a Circle D 258mm 2C, I think it's listed as a 3000-3200 stall. I had a 245mm 4C in the car when it was n/a and hated the way it drove on the street, just way too loose for my taste. The converter that is in the car now is 100 times better and drives almost like stock, if you're planning to start n/a then switch to a power adder I would strongly consider the 258mm over the 245mm.

Users who are viewing this thread