TVS, E85, bolt ons (100% stock longblock) - 875rwhp

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
Don't give up on these TVS yet. Boost is 18psi (2.39, 10% lower), timing between 20-22. Lund tuned. BPS ported blower. Full exhaust.

https://youtu.be/sSQF_VwceGA

ae1xjk.jpg

Softballer77

Established Member
I don't think the question has ever been whether our motors can make that much with what you have. The early questions were would it hold up to that very long. Those are now answered with..."not long".

Longevity is winning over more than easy power numbers as of late. These engines are too expensive to rebuild, especially when the block is windowed from pushing 800rwhp+ at these rods. Days of a $3000 rebuild on that Chevy 350 are over...

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
What about my setup is going to cause it to let go? Crazy high boost? Crazy high timing? Bad fuel? High rpm? Because it doesn't have any of those.

Your setup on pump gas is more dangerous that mine on E85. Plus, that 2 step/no lift shift will cause engine failure way before mine does.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome work Justin :rockon:, your GT500 is a monster, Lund is still tuning it correct? what is your Boost and timing set at? Im on E85 now and i'm at 19 degrees and 18 to 19 psi, also what plugs are you running

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Now I'm just curious but are you at all worried about the stock rods? I know the 5.8 crank and pistons are top notch but the rods suck. I shift my car at 6k with my power level, what are oil are you using? and yes my car gets a lot of attention at car shows, But I also want it to kick ass on the street, which it does just fine for the most part

Last edited:

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
Not really concerned. I've just made my engine as efficient as possible. It doesn't know its making nearly 1k crank HP. It knows it's getting good fuel, mild boost and mild timing and it makes what it's going to make. At 750-780rwhp, I made 18psi and 22 degrees timing through unported blower and stock manifolds, no ice box, etc. It was just as prone to go boom at that point. With your KB, it strains the engine a bit more. Taking away more HP to make HP than this smaller blower. Will it let go? Maybe. But it won't let go any more than any other 700-900hp GT500.

Oil is 5w-50 Amsoil with fordracing filter

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Not really concerned. I've just made my engine as efficient as possible. It doesn't know its making nearly 1k crank HP. It knows it's getting good fuel, mild boost and mild timing and it makes what it's going to make. At 750-780rwhp, I made 18psi and 22 degrees timing through unported blower and stock manifolds, no ice box, etc. It was just as prone to go boom at that point. With your KB, it strains the engine a bit more. Taking away more HP to make HP than this smaller blower. Will it let go? Maybe. But it won't let go any more than any other 700-900hp GT500.

Oil is 5w-50 Amsoil with fordracing filter

Makes sense. I'm sure keeping the RPMs lower definitely help the life of the rods, do you have plans to do a half mile event with this setup?

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
Few 1/2 miles coming up I plan to attend. Car was built to go top speed so that's where I'll be racing

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Few 1/2 miles coming up I plan to attend. Car was built to go top speed so that's where I'll be racing

This is true, I'll be looking forward to hear what speeds you run, keep up the good work. And hey I like that K&N breather you have on the driver side valve cover, do have a part number for that?

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
Street driving is pretty good. Its not like stock so to say but it's good knowing how big this TB/intake system is. Lund has tuned a lot of the xba kits so has a decent handle on the drivability tune

Softballer77

Established Member
What about my setup is going to cause it to let go? Crazy high boost? Crazy high timing? Bad fuel? High rpm? Because it doesn't have any of those.

Your setup on pump gas is more dangerous that mine on E85. Plus, that 2 step/no lift shift will cause engine failure way before mine does.

That no lift shift saves me on more than you think. I don't use the 2 step feature, and I run a safe 91 tune. I daily drive it when I'm home from business. I'll be at 30k miles this year modded, and I'm only home 4 months a year!

People on E85 window blocks and destroy oil pump gears all the time. Hey, I hope it lasts you a life time. But I see it all the time...crazy numbers on stock internal posts, then no word for months. Their next thread: "Starting my engine rebuild". Ask Kevin Keener. E85 Lund tuned. On an "easy" test pass at Texas Mile shattered oil pump gears. 2 months later...engine rebuild thread. That's just one example. Pretty sure he was no where near what your pushing.

Unless you keep it under 6k and drive it 1000 miles a year, it will go quick at 1000hp on stock internals. Common knowledge around here. Just be careful, all i'm saying. It's easy to get into the "cheapest way to highest hp" club. But it quickly turns pricey...

Beercules

Established Member
Sorry for the hijack.

A durability question for E85 tunes I picked up on one of the ricer forums (girlfriend has an STI). I read in one place that E85 can quickly contaminate your oil. Does anyone have experience either way on this?

Otherwise, good job Turbo98gt, keep it safe. And isnt it the instantaneous jerk of high torque motors that kill the oil pumps?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
E85 contaminates engine oil very fast due to the fact it requires 30 percent more fuel, I have seen a lot of engine failures on E85
Let's put it this way, there is a very good reason I change my oil every 4 to 500 miles consistently. Even after 500 miles I can smell the E85 in the oil. It's all about who well you take of your engine.

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
That no lift shift saves me on more than you think. I don't use the 2 step feature, and I run a safe 91 tune. I daily drive it when I'm home from business. I'll be at 30k miles this year modded, and I'm only home 4 months a year!

People on E85 window blocks and destroy oil pump gears all the time. Hey, I hope it lasts you a life time. But I see it all the time...crazy numbers on stock internal posts, then no word for months. Their next thread: "Starting my engine rebuild". Ask Kevin Keener. E85 Lund tuned. On an "easy" test pass at Texas Mile shattered oil pump gears. 2 months later...engine rebuild thread. That's just one example. Pretty sure he was no where near what your pushing.

Unless you keep it under 6k and drive it 1000 miles a year, it will go quick at 1000hp on stock internals. Common knowledge around here. Just be careful, all i'm saying. It's easy to get into the "cheapest way to highest hp" club. But it quickly turns pricey...

Lots of assumptions in your post. Probably best to sit out giving advice to someone who didn't ask for it from you.

Users who are viewing this thread