TVS Dyno Graph Comparison

Woody6799

Established Member
I personally would NEVER sell my tvs for a posi heaton.

I thought the TVS was going to be the beast of the east, maybe I just got my hopes too high? Maybe it's the tune, hell.... maybe I am just not driving it hard enough. I love tq and I love how the eaton was always ready to boost, the TVS just doesn't feel the same.

You're one of the few thats been disappointed. Not sure what to think....maybe a retune is worth a shot before pulling it off? Try 04sleeper for the tune, as long as you don't mind sending logs and going remote (its easy, trust me, he's awesome to work with and a wealth of knowledge on these cars!).

But nothing wrong with a posi eaton considering your fuel restrictions. I'm sure it will still be plenty of TQ fun and who cares if it can't spin 20+psi when you have no easy or inexpensive access to other fuels.....I say go for it!

I have been thinking about Kevin but need to find a dyno rental and put it all together. I just don't want to waste money or move too fast and be disappointed. I am probably going to run the TVS for this season and see how I feel about it but I am realllllly leaning hard towards a retune with a 2.8.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Found my dyno sheet, like I had said - almost vertical on the tq curve on WOT. Just looking at the graph makes me want to go drive my car lol.

bX5Th9A.jpg

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Found my dyno sheet, like I had said - almost vertical on the tq curve on WOT. Just looking at the graph makes me want to go drive my car lol.
]

very similar to what mine makes on the gas tune

but damn, the e85 overlayed is flat out crazy in comparison! 130 more ft lbs in areas of the curve. It peaks 680rwtq at 3800 and the 5250 hp/tq cross at 650

Woody6799

Established Member

bX5Th9A.jpg

Yes, that.... that is what I want... now how do I get it lol. Do you know what your timing is set at? For our set ups to be that different it has to be a tuning style. You make 250 ft lbs in 400 rpms where I make 60 ft lbs over the same span... it has to be in the tune, there is no way these 2.3's are that different. Plus you are making less boost even... The only large difference I can see is that I have long tubes but it should still be close...

txrunner

Established Member
I just put on a TVS & I feel the same as you re: instant torque. I think it is a little misleading because the eaton had the whine where my TVS all I hear is the exhaust (very little whine). Although the torque isn't as hard as I imagined, I can still spin the tires if I am driving 1/2 throttle & go WOT, so I know it is more than my Eaton. On my dyno the torque shows coming on a little later also but my tuner had a lot of wheel spin so he had to ease into it & then go WOT. I also am still on my stock clutch so I may have some clutch slip that isn't obvious

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I just put on a TVS & I feel the same as you re: instant torque. I think it is a little misleading because the eaton had the whine where my TVS all I hear is the exhaust (very little whine).

This is the part that drives me crazy. Have you listened to bdubbs video's? His TVS is loud, even on his lower boost pump gas tune, seems most say their TVS's have good whine, but then others like you say they are quiet. My Whipple is the opposite, most say the 2.3 Whipples are quiet on lower boost, but mine is loud with a high pitch.

txrunner

Established Member
This is the part that drives me crazy. Have you listened to bdubbs video's? His TVS is loud, even on his lower boost pump gas tune, seems most say their TVS's have good whine, but then others like you say they are quiet. My Whipple is the opposite, most say the 2.3 Whipples are quiet on lower boost, but mine is loud with a high pitch.

I do have my heat blanket, stock hood vents & closed box JLT RAI. I know all of those things factor in also.

Five-o-Joe

Established Member
I see you said it has cams and teksid block, too...but regardless thats great for 93!! What compression is the motor? How much boost are you seeing with the 2.76 and stock lower?

No desire to run E85? Seems like you could make near 90/90 more

Thanks. It made 17.5 psi with the 2.76 upper/stock lower. On a really cold day on the same dyno, it made 660 on the exact same tune. Compression is 9:1. I have a stock heat exchanger and stock intercooler reservoir so there are other things on "my list" to do....no desire to do E85. I want to run it on straight 93, no octane boost, no race gas, no E85. I don't want more power or torque on this blower tune because the car works pretty well on a drag radial right now. I plan to move some weight around, upgrade the exchanger and reservoir, and do some suspension upgrades to pick up some ET on the radials, THEN, I'll add a 50 shot of nitrous for use with slicks.....all on straight 93. Per my tuner, My current 93 pump tune is conservative enough to spray a 75 shot on top of the ~17psi. So to be a little safe, I'll just spray a 50. Should put me around 700 whp...

I just double checked my dyno graph. On this one he didn't floor it until 2500 and it made 550rwtq by 2800. On a prior dyno pull he floored it at 2000 and it made 550 by 2300....

Last edited:

Woody6799

Established Member

I do have my heat blanket, stock hood vents & closed box JLT RAI. I know all of those things factor in also.

Mine is quiet as all hell as well. No blanket, open hood vent, winded it out yesterday and what i thought was wind was just wind whistle lol. Anyway, I decided that I am going to have 04 sleeper do a street tune for me and I will work with him to hopefully get it to where I want. I hope it works out, I know his tunes are raved about, I just hope the TVS gives me what I want.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Mine is quiet as all hell as well. No blanket, open hood vent, winded it out yesterday and what i thought was wind was just wind whistle lol. Anyway, I decided that I am going to have 04 sleeper do a street tune for me and I will work with him to hopefully get it to where I want. I hope it works out, I know his tunes are raved about, I just hope the TVS gives me what I want.

Good call, Woody. Anxious to see your driving impressions with Kevin's tune.

One other question....have you given any thought to throwing a catted mid pipe on? Catless might sound great and yield a couple more top end ponies....but low end TQ has been known to suffer.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
you better not! lol

I'm looking forward to the high psi driving impressions! I'm also going to start a dyno gofundme page for you so you do indeed get that thing back on that identical roller one more time! I know you're not chasing a number....but I really would like to see it LOL
Hahaha. I know it seems people are always asking me, but I don't really want another dyno number let down.
I thought the TVS was going to be the beast of the east, maybe I just got my hopes too high? Maybe it's the tune, hell.... maybe I am just not driving it hard enough. I love tq and I love how the eaton was always ready to boost, the TVS just doesn't feel the same.

I have been thinking about Kevin but need to find a dyno rental and put it all together. I just don't want to waste money or move too fast and be disappointed. I am probably going to run the TVS for this season and see how I feel about it but I am realllllly leaning hard towards a retune with a 2.8.

I'd recommend Kevin every time. His tunes are awesome and his customer service is one of the best.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
you better not! lol

I'm looking forward to the high psi driving impressions! I'm also going to start a dyno gofundme page for you so you do indeed get that thing back on that identical roller one more time! I know you're not chasing a number....but I really would like to see it LOL

Indeed and I have LT headers with o/r x pipe! Hopefully I can get that 2.6 pulley to work!

Woody6799

Established Member
Good call, Woody. Anxious to see your driving impressions with Kevin's tune.

One other question....have you given any thought to throwing a catted mid pipe on? Catless might sound great and yield a couple more top end ponies....but low end TQ has been known to suffer.

I have a Kooks catted X in the garage I can toss on but I haven't really considered throwing it on. I will talk to Kevin about it and see what he thinks. I like the volume it gets to now but I am not married to it I suppose.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
In for the bdubb dyno fund. Even with just the 2.8 and e85 it has to make 630+ now on that janky dyno.

Hahaha! I'd think I'm around 630+ right now.

Great idea Woody going with Kevin! I've kept up on your build thread, I'd hate to see you go back to an Eaton.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Here you go side by side. One is a home ported eaton 2.8 upper/4lb lower at around 16psi the other is vmp tvs gen 1 3.3 upper/ 4lb lower at around 18psi. Both blowers have/had accufab single blade throttle body. Both on 93 pump. Both stock clutch. Car has kooks with full 3'' exhaust with both.

0825151308a_zpsmutux3fh.gif

Last edited:

04cobra88

Established Member
Can't hear any whine from my tvs with a 2.6 upper at 20 ilbs with long tubes and cat less x pipe , doesn't bother me much long tubes sound sick ! Lol

Woody6799

Established Member
Here you go side by side. One is a home ported eaton 2.8 upper/4lb lower at around 16psi the other is vmp tvs gen 1 3.3 upper/ 4lb lower at around 18psi. Both blowers have/had accufab single blade throttle body. Both on 93 pump. Both stock clutch. Car has kooks with full 3'' exhaust with both.

0825151308a_zpsmutux3fh.gif

Now that is a great comparison, even your environmental temps and humidity are comparable... Both set ups have 500 ft tq at 3k and I have nowhere near that... the issue has to be in my tune. Very helpful chart Justakid, thanks for posting. Boy that Eaton set up really shows how inefficient it is and falls hard after 4k... never seen that so clear before.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Now that is a great comparison, even your environmental temps and humidity are comparable... Both set ups have 500 ft tq at 3k and I have nowhere near that... the issue has to be in my tune. Very helpful chart Justakid, thanks for posting. Boy that Eaton set up really shows how inefficient it is and falls hard after 4k... never seen that so clear before.

Dont get me wrong my eaton set up ran /was really strong. But like you said about 4k rpm you stop feeling the punch (tq) where as the tvs just holds you back into your seat throughout the entire rpm range. My vmp is pretty loud. My dyno chart is pretty much a side by side with a ported eaton compared to a vmp with 2lbs more of boost.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
something is strange with that overlay...........the vmp graph hp/tq is crossing at 5500....the ported eaton at 5000. lol.

I hate when shops do that...scale the hp and tq at identical increments. The overlay is midleading

Users who are viewing this thread