TVS 2.3 or Whip 2.9

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Hey guys, I have a whip 2.3 now and thinking about upgrading. I was going with the 2.9, but I have seen great numbers from the TVS 2.3. In the real world, which would you rather own and why. No bull shit!

The torque is probably what I would enjoy the most. I don't rev the heck out of my car. I have the shift light set at 5,800 rpm. Lol. It just seems the TVS is the real deal.

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
Depends how much boost I wanted to run. Id say for torque and shifting that early Id go TVS for sure. For me Id rather have a 2.9 with crusher to run 25lbs of boost and E 85!

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
2.3 Whipple @ 17psi on 91 octane for me. I made 605hp/556tq, personally if I was to upgrade. It'd be the 2.9 Whipple. The Whipple just looks sexy under the hood.

bad93svt

Established Member
Since I am the only one here who has a tvs. I say go tvs.
That is if you want to go. LOL

gabe1530

Banned
personally, i say go with the tvs. its about 40 lbs lighter and makes stupid amounts of trq. from what you said in your original post thats the way i would go. this is coming from someone who has a 2.9.

if you want the high hp numbers and plan to keep pushing then go with the 2.9.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member

No your not JEFF!!! I have one of those things they call a TVS too!!

On a serious note, look into the TVS. The engineering behind this blower is amazing and the performance gains are incredible. I switched from a 2.3 Whipple to the 2.3 TVS and the power and TQ gains were just insane. Feel free to talk to me about the comparison if you'd like.

My vote is TVS hands down!

sn94cobra

Corn-aholic
Established Member

On a serious note, look into the TVS. The engineering behind this blower is amazing and the performance gains are incredible. I switched from a 2.3 Whipple to the 2.3 TVS and the power and TQ gains were just insane. Feel free to talk to me about the comparison if you'd like.

Was bost and everything the same. What was the pwr difference?

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
You all make good cases. I do think the whipple looks the best hands down. I just keep hearing about all this power and weight savings. It seems crazy!

I am running my whipple now at 20 psi as is. Don't get me wrong, it is bad ass! I just love that low end torque, and for the way I drive my car 90% of the time, it might be a better way to go.

I am on stock motor btw.

Wicked, I will be in touch. I do have questions.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Since you're wanting more low end torque for the way you drive, the TVS would be the best choice for you IMO. Definitely look into it. You might also want to contact the folks at VMP Tuning for info as well.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member

Hey Jon,
I thought you and I were TVS # 1 and #2??
Who is this other guy??? LOL!!

THe VMP TVS 2.3 is in stock and ready to ship.

Last edited:

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Was bost and everything the same. What was the pwr difference?
Boost was the same (20psi) and the TVS on 93 pump gas and 18* of timing made more power then the Whipple on 22* and race gas. The TVS on 22* of timing made 50hp more and almost 60 RWTQ more.

You all make good cases. I do think the whipple looks the best hands down. I just keep hearing about all this power and weight savings. It seems crazy!

I am running my whipple now at 20 psi as is. Don't get me wrong, it is bad ass! I just love that low end torque, and for the way I drive my car 90% of the time, it might be a better way to go.

I am on stock motor btw.

Wicked, I will be in touch. I do have questions.
Fell free to PM me :beer:

Hey Jon,
I thought you and I were TVS # 1 and #2??
Who is this other guy??? LOL!!

THe VMP TVS 2.3 is in stock and ready to ship.

Rick, we will always be #1 and #2.... Just remember, I'll be #1 once that automatic goes in!! Mwahahahaha :fm: LOL

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I've had the 2.9/ 2.9 crusher....no one on here has data as conclusive as I do. I made 681/603 with 21psi on stock inlet 2.9...I made 681/642 on 21 psi on tvs.....the car is hands down much more fun to drive on the street.....the crusher was a huuuuuge dissapointment in my case....everyone has their own opinions but my numbers are all on the same Dyno , same timing...but tvs had warmer weather temps so It was handicapped

Last edited:

KlugSS

Established Member
I am stock block, stock manifolds.
2.9 at 22psi with 11 degrees timing.
I made 715 and 635. I could have gained some torque with more timing.

How could a tvs make more torque then that down low? My torque line is absolutely flat all the way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread