Turned the garage into a man-cave!

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
When I bought my house last year, the garage was a mess! There was flimsy plywood with a "wood" print on it covering the walls and the ceiling was was exposed trusses. So I spent some of my home buyer credit to finish the garage.

I had the whole thing dry walled...the walls were already insulated. I had 8 can lights put in, 4" rubber baseboard, 3 more outlets and they primed it with white ceiling paint. Then I taped off the bottom and a 5" stripe and painted it red and gray.

Here is the end result....
I stayed up painting until 1am last night to finish...
garage.jpg

Garage4.jpg

Garage3.jpg

Garage2.jpg

wjk

Established Member
I see the pics from before but where are the man cave pics? (bar, flat screens, neon signs)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The walls and ceiling came out really nice. The floor is an absolute must-do now. I'm sure you're planning on doing something with it. A nice light gray with red flakes would look awesome. Great bike you have there, too.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I'm going to put my old Onkyo receiver and DCM speakers in there....I'm not gonna do a permanent TV.....one Chicago winter would probably kill it! I'm gonna run a splitter off of the box in the kitchen and bring a TV out if I want.

That cubby hole was created because the owners before me added a wall of cabinets and some more counter space....thats what that bump out is from. I'm gonna make the cubby hole my storage area.

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
checkered floor like mine.... mines painted, 24"x24" squares.

clean, lay chalk lines, lots of tape, paint away

225930_1961950282120_1043709818_2308528_4874280_n.jpg

i put cable tv in mine too.

i cleaned everything out to paint my floor. and i like it like that, i might not bring all of my stuff back in.
i had metal warehouse shelves (racks) on each wall and it took up too much room.
so i'm just gonna get a few toolboxes on wheels and keep them pushed in one corner.
then i wanna use the rest as a paint booth. i have a huge roll of plastic to lay on the floor while painting.
i have to seal in my roof real good because dust gets in the garage real bad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread