Turbo or Blower.. I can't decide on what to do..

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
with brake boost or a 2-step and you'll forget all about a twin screw.

Hey Digital, I was just looking at your mods. :bowdown:

Do you have a Compound boost set up or did you just forget to update?

Also, do you have 8an on your return? Why? Reason I'm asking is that I need to upgrade my Fuel System and thinking about going to a return also. I didn't think 8an was needed on a return line.

Digital

Established Member
Kinda hard to miss isnt it? lol.

Compound. Most everything is accurate in my sig currently.

Also, do you have 8an on your return? Why? Reason I'm asking is that I need to upgrade my Fuel System and thinking about going to a return also. I didn't think 8an was needed on a return line.
6an return is fine for a 8an feed, no real special reason I went with a 8. At the time I was having a lot of fuel issues and went over kill on everything. I believe also it was easier for me to get 8 at the time for what ever reason.

You can always pm me too, or ask in my compound thread. Asuming i'm not banned, that happens a lot lately, heh.

Last edited:

Blown2004Stang

Established Member

-8 is WAY overkill for anything under 1000hp or so.. A single -8 (feed) will support over 1000whp, easily.. and you shouldn't need anything bigger than a -6 return. I ran -8 on my Lightning, but, I had triple 255lph pumps in the tank, and needed the bigger line for the volume of fuel that I was trying to move.

Travis

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
hey travis what you did with the heads and all from the 4v setup? also i orderd the trick flow heads for the 2v and there cam as the valves had changed sides and a normal cam will not wk the intake lobes will be running the exhaust and vice versa . shoot me your number

I still have the heads, cams, and the teksid block..

I'm not running the TF heads, but, you CAN run them with any 2 valve PI cam. The intake valve swapped places with the lash adjuster, so, while both are in opposite places, the rocker arm still sits in the same place, in relation to the cam's intake lobe. Just, now, instead of pushing the rocker down to one side, it pushes down to the opposite site, but, the valve motion/timing is still the same as before. Pretty neat trick, and it helps to deshroud the intake valve, which greatly improves flow.

Travis

Users who are viewing this thread