Turbo Help!

Swazo

Established Member
Just wanted to point out, Keith @ ADC said that a FMIC was possible and they looked into doing it. They chose not to use one because they wanted to make the kit as "bolt-on" friendly as possible.

Just wanted to point that out, take it for what it is worth :fart:

Maximuscr31

DSM Freak!!!!!!!
Established Member
Dsm owners, especially 2g dsm owners have a bad overheating problem with most front mounts. Especially the greddy 24r fmic. To say that they dont over heat is BS. Most of us have to go with dual slim radiator fans and a fluyidine radiator because the stock one doesnt get enough air, even with the condensor removed and a manual turn on switch wired in the car for the fans in traffic. I dont know about the supras or what not but even with our openings, and there is a .25" inlet to the radiator inbetween the hood and front fascia. Also the heat doesnt disipate in our engine bays and our intake charge gets quite high. Thats why alot of people have designed their own custom air box that blocks the open element filter from the rest of the engine bay and run some air ducting into the front bumper so our cars can get a breath of cold air, and not super heated air. Dsm's have alot of over heating problems in any hot climate. I am fine in the winter, but in the summer its bad and its going to get worse with me reinstalling my a/c condensor. SO i will be switching to a fluidyne radiator and probally dual slimlines that flow 1360cfm's. You can say other cars dont have cooling problems all you want but dsm's do. If you try to argue with me on this i can pull up hundreds of examples of overheating problems, but i honestly rather not waste my time on it right now as i have better things to do like watch beverly hills ninja.
Just thought i would throw in my .02 on the dsm thing since i actually own one and build and work on them alot more than you ever have

Carson

Established Member
Maximuscr31 said:
Dsm owners, especially 2g dsm owners have a bad overheating problem with most front mounts. Especially the greddy 24r fmic. To say that they dont over heat is BS. Most of us have to go with dual slim radiator fans and a fluyidine radiator because the stock one doesnt get enough air, even with the condensor removed and a manual turn on switch wired in the car for the fans in traffic. I dont know about the supras or what not but even with our openings, and there is a .25" inlet to the radiator inbetween the hood and front fascia. Also the heat doesnt disipate in our engine bays and our intake charge gets quite high. Thats why alot of people have designed their own custom air box that blocks the open element filter from the rest of the engine bay and run some air ducting into the front bumper so our cars can get a breath of cold air, and not super heated air. Dsm's have alot of over heating problems in any hot climate. I am fine in the winter, but in the summer its bad and its going to get worse with me reinstalling my a/c condensor. SO i will be switching to a fluidyne radiator and probally dual slimlines that flow 1360cfm's. You can say other cars dont have cooling problems all you want but dsm's do. If you try to argue with me on this i can pull up hundreds of examples of overheating problems, but i honestly rather not waste my time on it right now as i have better things to do like watch beverly hills ninja.
Just thought i would throw in my .02 on the dsm thing since i actually own one and build and work on them alot more than you ever have

I know the stock underhood temps are hellish
On mine it actually ran cooler with stock boost and the bigger FMIC
We have done several large front mounts in the past year. Most of them are still running 14-18 psi and haven't reported any overheating. We also put the aircleaner in the fender which I am sure helped. I have seen guys at the track running 20+psi with cooling issues but any time you more than double the stock HP regardless if there's a FMIC you would need to look at upgrading the cooling setup.
I did look a little and it seems there are issues with over heating with stock 2g's without any mods to the car. I haven't experience those problems but it looks like they have a cooling issue to start.

Livinsvt

Established Member
Swazo said:
Just wanted to point out, Keith @ ADC said that a FMIC was possible and they looked into doing it. They chose not to use one because they wanted to make the kit as "bolt-on" friendly as possible.

Just wanted to point that out, take it for what it is worth :fart:

Hmm.. Intresting. I wonder if he cares to share any info about this. Anyone take any data yet?

ncc386

Established Member
scontoure98 said:
I want to get as much info about turbos for a 1998 contour se. websites thoughts anything. please.

thanks
Once you pick out the hardware, I can recalibrate your PCM. I also got the stuff to teach you how to tune with the SCT software if you want to do it yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread