Turbo Help!

scontoure98

Established Member
I want to get as much info about turbos for a 1998 contour se. websites thoughts anything. please.

thanks

beyondloadedSE

Established Member
Carson said:
No its not
ITS never finished a 2.5l kit

Any pictures of the kit actually on a contour? Dyno numbers? Id be interested to see how that front mount intercooler is going to fit with the stock radiator and AC. Custom turbo manifolds, collector pipe, downpipe, intake piping? Do you realize that the svt focus fuel pump only works for the 2000 contour right since its returnless while the 95-99 are return fuel systems? IMO for what your getting, Id rather have the ADC kit since it comes with a lot more components and higher quality parts for just about the same price as your stage II kit.

Carson

Established Member
beyondloadedSE said:
Any pictures of the kit actually on a contour? Dyno numbers? Id be interested to see how that front mount intercooler is going to fit with the stock radiator and AC. Custom turbo manifolds, collector pipe, downpipe, intake piping? Do you realize that the svt focus fuel pump only works for the 2000 contour right since its returnless while the 95-99 are return fuel systems? IMO for what your getting, Id rather have the ADC kit since it comes with a lot more components and higher quality parts for just about the same price as your stage II kit.

Nope not till its done
Yes I am aware of the difference in returnless and return style fuel systems
the 95-99 would have a 255lph walbro

what extra components does it come with?
what higher quality parts?
Our stg II is capable of alot more tha the setup you are talking about
If you would like a complete list of what it comes with e-mail I'll send it

The person who started this thread didn't even say he wanted a whole kit
Just what options he had

You seem to talk alot without having the information.

alos is ADC the streetflight kit?\what happened to streetflight?

Last edited:

Y2KSVT

Established Member
Oh boy.. I think you're biting off more than you can chew with this argument there Carson.. Streetflight changed names to Arizona Dyno Chip.. And Jim(BeyondloadedSE) has the ADC turbo kit on his fully built 3.0L.. Who doesn't have the info?

Mark

Carson

Established Member
Don't misunderstand I think ADC is fine
I like there setup.
I just have a different design
Its been awhile since I researched whats available for Contour /Cougar 2.5l
I couldn't find anything on Streetflight.com (which is what I had on file)
The ADS setup looked identical so thats why I asked

The info I was talking about was ours
He was stating how much more complete ADS's setup is when he doesn't even understand what ours comes with.

Not even sure what argument
Its normal for people who have something to say there's is the best

but what is best for one may not be the best for all

either way I think ADS kit has a nice layout and is a well designed kit
I also feel ours has some advantages over it

If someone wants to ask or compare thats fine. I would expect someone with
beyondloadedse's experience to compare a set up and show advantages of one over another rather than just bad mouth someones product.

Things like
ADC has been making Contour turbo setups longer than anyone else
There are many people with ADC setups I have one and its great
or even
PM me I have a ADC kit I would be more than happy to talk to you about it.
ADC has a air to water setup that is more efficient than a air to air

etc...

This is my point.
Then at least I can explain the differences and the guy who started this thread can decide for himself what to do

beyondloadedSE

Established Member
Carson said:
The info I was talking about was ours
He was stating how much more complete ADS's setup is when he doesn't even understand what ours comes with.

Yes, I do. Its listed right on your website.

50 trim t3/to4e
Tial 38mm wastegate
Hot parts ceramic coated
Connects to stock catback location
39lb injectors
90mm Maf
Cleanable air filter
A/N oil feed with stainless braid drain line
SCT custom chip Front Mount IC and Turbosmart BOV
Focus SVT fuel pump

Unless of course this list is incorrect? From judging by this list, it has no mention of custom fabbed stainless steel manifolds, downpipe, intake piping, etc but rather just ceramic (jet hot im presuming) coating of the stock parts. What does "connects to stock catback location" refer to? Thats where your mounting the turbo? Im confused. :shrug: To me it just sounds like a basic kit and the piping and fabrication is left to the customer.

For $5000 ($500 more than your stage II kit) I received a T3/T4 turbo, Turbo XS RFL blow off valve, 700 cfm spearco water/air intercooler, and Chris at ADC personally dyno tuned a chip for me after I sent him my MAF. 321 Stainless headers, 304L downpipe and intake pipes, Downpipe includes flex and 3" high flow cat, heat exchanger, intercooler resevoir, resevoir pump, 42 lb injectors, NGK spark splugs, oil catch can, and all misc clamps and hosing are also included. Everything needed to make this kit work is included.

Please clarify this list if its incorrect. Thanks.

Btw, im "badmouthing" your kit, because you obviously havent even tested the kit yet, because your claiming to fit an air to air intercooler on your car. This issue has been discussed ad nauseum. :fart:

Last edited:

Carson

Established Member
beyondloadedSE said:
Yes, I do. Its listed right on your website.

50 trim t3/to4e
Tial 38mm wastegate
Hot parts ceramic coated
Connects to stock catback location
39lb injectors
90mm Maf
Cleanable air filter
A/N oil feed with stainless braid drain line
SCT custom chip Front Mount IC and Turbosmart BOV
Focus SVT fuel pump

Unless of course this list is incorrect? From judging by this list, it has no mention of custom fabbed stainless steel manifolds, downpipe, intake piping, etc but rather just ceramic (jet hot im presuming) coating of the stock parts. What does "connects to stock catback location" refer to? Thats where your mounting the turbo? Im confused. :shrug: To me it just sounds like a basic kit and the piping and fabrication is left to the customer.

For $5000 ($500 more than your stage II kit) I received a T3/T4 turbo, Turbo XS RFL blow off valve, 700 cfm spearco water/air intercooler, and Chris at ADC personally dyno tuned a chip for me after I sent him my MAF. 321 Stainless headers, 304L downpipe and intake pipes, Downpipe includes flex and 3" high flow cat, heat exchanger, intercooler resevoir, resevoir pump, 42 lb injectors, NGK spark splugs, oil catch can, and all misc clamps and hosing are also included. Everything needed to make this kit work is included.

Please clarify this list if its incorrect. Thanks.

Btw, im "badmouthing" your kit, because you obviously havent even tested the kit yet, because your claiming to fit an air to air intercooler on your car. This issue has been discussed ad nauseum. :fart:

well first
Stainless is not the best choice for a street car milds' exspansion rate is dramatically better for everyday heat cycles
Then when you add the ceramic coating it retains more heat than 321
so it is less likely to crack and holds more heat

then
The discription isn't really complete
It comes with headers crossover and downpipe (which I can see the confusion but would have normally thought they would come with a turbo kit)
so yes it does come with more than the generic discription states

Our setup comes with a Turbosmart BOV which is a little better quality than a rfl (they work fine just not as nice)

As far as what you got for $5000 thats not what they have on their site so your deal maybe how they sell it now just not what they have posted
looks like our is $1000 less but adds a fuel pump and airmeter

ours comes with a 90mm MAF and can be deleted if the person has thier own
as well as any other parts someone may already have

It comes with T-bolt clamps and all piping hoses Tr6 ngk plugs nesc. we have fit the IC on the front of the car before so I know it fits
and it fits easily without problems

I achieve the impossible all the time
as soon as I get a pic of the IC on the car I will post it so everyone can gaze in amazment. :D

This guy is sorta local I would like to get a couple kits on cars for feedback and would offer a pretty good deal. He could come down see the shop and check out what we can do.

Livinsvt

Established Member
We've seen your stuff Carson, this is usppose to make 500hp :shrug: ?
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

VS.
standard.jpg

Those bellows in the third pic take care of that expansion, making it streetable. I love how in the second pic, the wastegate is mount off of one bank(rear), real effective.
There never was an issue "if" intercooler could fit in a Svt bumper, but the plumbing to it. Plus sufficating the radiator.

Carson

Established Member
why wouldn't it make 500whp?
explain it to me?

what exactly is wrong with it?

That is also one made at ITS almost 2yrs ago
Have you seen the one from Forced Fabrication

Nope

The wastegate on one bank rather than in the collector is not as good for flow but for this application it will work perfectly. I am not saying that its going there but it will work fine

Is the cooling system on the Contour/Cougar that shity I mean I am sure we have all seen FMIC on 100's of car. How many posts have you seen about "My damn IC is causing my car to overheat"

You don't because t doesn't cause that problem

where exactly does ADC put thier heat exchanger?
Those header pipes are awefully big to help
I see we are loosing torque and increasing spool time
are they 1 5/8 or 1 3/4?

Livinsvt

Established Member
Well Carson made the one for ITS, so I assume Carson is making the same for Forced Fab, lets see them. Sure it will be good to make some hp and at a low price, but for it to make 500, I imagine will take alot of pressure, which means heat.

I beleive Adc's primaires are 1-7/8", which I believe are way to big myself, but do make good top end power, but not sure the reasoning behind that. No one has ever had an issue cracking there headers.

How do you expect to control boost, espescialy on a 500hp motor, with the wg running off of one bank?

Adc heat exchanger is mounted in front, but that is moot. It doesn't restrict flow hardly at all. The Svt cooling system works very good, but who knows how it will react with a core blocking it, and added heat from the turbo exhaust.

Once again its the plumbing to , not the core itself.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
ADC's kit doesn't use FMIC, I couldn't tell if that is what you were referring to or not.....the intercooler basically sits where the battery/intake tract used to be.
Livinsvt said:
Adc heat exchanger is mounted in front, but that is moot. It doesn't restrict flow hardly at all. The Svt cooling system works very good, but who knows how it will react with a core blocking it, and added heat from the turbo exhaust.

Livinsvt

Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
ADC's kit doesn't use FMIC, I couldn't tell if that is what you were referring to or not.....the intercooler basically sits where the battery/intake tract used to be.

I know, I was explaining to Carson.

Carson

Established Member
Livinsvt said:
Well Carson made the one for ITS, so I assume Carson is making the same for Forced Fab, lets see them. Sure it will be good to make some hp and at a low price, but for it to make 500, I imagine will take alot of pressure, which means heat.

I beleive Adc's primaires are 1-7/8", which I believe are way to big myself, but do make good top end power, but not sure the reasoning behind that. No one has ever had an issue cracking there headers.

How do you expect to control boost, espescialy on a 500hp motor, with the wg running off of one bank?

Once again its the plumbing to , not the core itself.

alot of heat? pressure? what are you saying?
Did you know heat energy is what a turbo uses?
Did you know The radiant temp of mild with ceramic coating is less than 321?
so looks like it would spool faster and keep under hood temp lower

for a v6 2.5l the optimum header size would 1.5" even up to 600hp

and I didn't say thiers would crack what I said was mild is less likely to crack

I never said thats where the wastegate even went but if it does are you sure it wouldn't work?
and how are you sure
have you built and designed over 30 turbo setups in the last couple years?
well I have
putting a wastegate on one bank isn't ideal but it works
we have Mustangs making 400whp with T70 turbos capable 800HP with a Tial 38 on one bank with no surging or spikes at 4psi

If for some reason there is a problem I will change the 400+hp kit design
but for street driving up to 400hp it will work perfectly

and as far as my setup being cheep 321 tubular would cost about $200 more
so I guess they are both cheap huh?

so the heat exchanger isn't blocking air as much as a front mount?
a heat exchanger or intercooler (same thing) work by dispersing heat (BTU's)
if its not doing the same as a IC then its efficiency isn't as good and would result in poor performance but I doubt thats the case
I think you just dont know as much as you should to argue this
which is why you didn't answere what I asked in my post

p.s. plumbing is a piece of cake!

Y2KSVT

Established Member
I don't think that it's the fact that people don't know what they're talking about.. It's the fact that people will sure as hell argue with someone that has not proven anything that they're trying to prove, or anything that they've said they can build. Show me a FMIC on a Contour with all of the plumbing, and prove that the underhood temps aren't rising like a MOFO! Also, show me some dyno #'s that prove your 400 and 500 HP guestimates that you throw out.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread