Turbo Eclipse

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
I was at the local drag strip when a guy came up to me and asked me if I wanted to race. I was like sure, I love to kill ricers. When we were in line, we were side by side, he gets out and puts water in something by his headlight. I asked him honestly enough "Whatcha got there?" I looks at me and with this punk kid attitude says "INTERCOOLER". I think at that point I was supposed to be scared. If that was't bad enough when we were about to pull up and stage as I was rolling up my window I heard him tell his friend "I don't know why he is even racing me? He ONLY has a Mustang." My attitude went from having fun to business at that point. We went to the line and the lights dropped to green. I pulled this guy from the start and at an eight of a mile I had about 5 car lenghts on him. At this point I put on my flashers, a slap in the face. I usually don't try to embarrasse anyone at the track but I think the situation warranted it. After the race the jackass came up to me and gave the usual "Man what do you have done? I usually beat Mustang Cobras!" I was like in your dreams. I got him where a movie script couldn't protect him and I let him have it. So this one goes out to all of the Fast and the Furious, Mustang Cobras Rule!!!

Last edited:

Cobra4pt6

Banned
good kill, he prolly in the past has raced fake cobras and got his arse busted when he got ahold of a real one....i just spanked a turbo eclipse the other night. but ima leave with this quote my boi manny fresh from cash money millionaires says, "if it ain't a V8, that s*it ain't fast".... he says that on his i got that work album track numba 7.....
gotta love eatin rice

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
The dunlops work good on the front. I had them on the back for a while but I spin all of the way through third. That is why I went with the Nitto DRs.

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
Originally posted by EPCobra
I got him where a movie script couldn't protect him and I let him have it. So this one goes out to all of the Fast and the Furious, Mustang Cobras Rule!!!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Steeltwo

Established Member
wasn't your year of stock cobra a low 14 to high 13 sec car?

he must have had some water sprayer for his i/c. Usually when you get into that level of modification, you are attempting to run better times on pump gas.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
EPCobra...what time did u get at the track any ways?

Thank god i havent run into any of those Ricers at the track....see them on the streets like they know some thing we dont :shrug:

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
I didn't even have the nitrous then. I am not sure what model the eclipse was. I don't know much about imports. The place I was running at doesn't have time slips. It is a place on an old airport where you can go and just race whoever you want. The numbers from ford on a stock '97 Cobra is 13.99 in the 1/4 mile.

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
Haven't got real good times yet but I've ran low 13's with traction problems and the temp. was 105 degrees. I just got some et streets so I should be somewhere in the 12's.

Traction

Established Member
Cool, just wondering because that eclipse must have been pretty stock or at least a fwd. When I had the stock turbo I was able to run high 12's with 109 traps. But that was pretty much maxed out stock turbo.

Steeltwo

Established Member
Originally posted by Traction
Cool, just wondering because that eclipse must have been pretty stock or at least a fwd. When I had the stock turbo I was able to run high 12's with 109 traps. But that was pretty much maxed out stock turbo.

you had a 1g then right?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
LOL. What a tool. I raced one tonight. I posted the kill and then found this thread. The car hung with me for about 6 seconds then I owned his ass like he was my little ho. The owner was a lot cooler though. He gave me a thumbs up.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Fobras are no substitute for the real thing...Good kill, EPCobra. Kill 'em all.

NastySVT

KindofaBigDeal
Established Member
i give much respect to mustangs... and am not affended by your comments.. dumb ass "ricers" who think they're cars are the fastest things alive should be smacked around, i know how fast my car is and yes i have beaten a 97 cobra w/ exhuast.. but the kid could not drive.. it all depends on drivers.... and just to let you know that if you spanked this eclipse off the line then it was def fwd.. good kill though man i would love to find a place like that to race safely!!! ttyl

Users who are viewing this thread