Tuned Shelby Dyno sheet - COLDID

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
apache driver said:
I got a question for the guys that are smarter about dyno graphs than me. If you look at the horsepower and torque lines throughout the rpm range, it is not smooth and very jagged. Isn't this normally a sign of detonation?
no...most dynographs you see are smoothed through the dynojet software...if he did this to his, it would be nice and smooth.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
coldid - Any chance you can send me your dynorun file?! I'll send you a PM with my e-mail address. Thanks!

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
no...most dynographs you see are smoothed through the dynojet software...if he did this to his, it would be nice and smooth.
LOL...I was just gonna say that Dave!

Yeah, they usually look jagged like that with smoothing turned to 0, (i.e., turned off.)

coldid

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
I must be blind b/c I don't see the springs on their website...got a link?

I looked as well, they must not be listed yet. All I know is Alternative Auto contacted them a few weeks ago and were told they were in the works. They contacted them Monday while I was there and they were going to ship them out on Tuesday - they may even arrive tomorrow.

apache driver

Established Member
dgussin1 said:

Learn something everyday. I figured I was wrong because I have heard nothing but good things about alternative auto performance.

jpetre

Established Member
I read some where when the cars come from the factory they have a very safe tune until break in occurs. They will get better numbers with milage and about 1K milage the regular tune will 'happen'. I heard / read (on the internet) this was to reduce car abuse until the owner got the car and to help with break in.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
dgussin1 said:
track times are only as good as the driver.

I have EASILY killed cars with 200 more ponies than I have! But the driver mod is almost to the point of cheating?!!

Non music version:

Porsche Carrera GT chase and pass on bald assed Nitto's!

Music version:

Porsche Carrera GT chase and pass on bald assed Nitto's!

Unfortunately, with drag/street racing, you don't get nearly the advantage with the driver mod! :cryying:

Gimme the road course any day! :D :pepper:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I have EASILY killed cars with 200 more ponies than I have! But the driver mod is almost to the point of cheating?!!
Piloted by a crazy cheesehead!:lol: I love that car man :bowdown: Couple questions: What does the R redline at? Roughly how fast were you going down the long straightaway at about 1.20 in the video? Thanks :beer:

Last edited:

jshen

Established Member
ac427cobra

Definitely better driving skills than the Porsche driver...You pulled him in on every curve....very, very nice.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
2-slow said:
Piloted by a crazy cheesehead!:lol: I love that car man :bowdown: Couple questions: What does the R redline at? Roughly how fast were you going down the long straightaway at about 1.20 in the video? Thanks :beer:

In that particular video the car redlined at approximately 6,600. With my new tune it goes to 7,100.

Well, there were two videos and neither one was top speed at 1:20? Top speed at VIR is about a buck and a half (give or take?). I don't watch the speedo because when you're on a track like that it demands 100% attention 100% of the time! :-D

It's my favorite track. Too bad it's 1,000 miles away from me! :cryying:

PS Now you know what your Moderator does on the weekends!

Last edited:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
In that particular video the car redlined at approximately 6,600. With my new tune it goes to 7,100.

Well, there were two videos and neither one was top speed at 1:20? Top speed at VIR is about a buck and a half (give or take?). I don't watch the speedo because when you're on a track like that it demands 100% attention 100% of the time! :-D

It's my favorite track. Too bad it's 1,000 miles away from me! :cryying:

PS Now you know what your Moderator does on the weekends!
7,100 :rockon: I bet that sounds amazing! :beer:

svtjonsun

Very nice Shelby you have and very impressive numbers from the dyno run.

Did you buy it new or used? I figured you purchased it new but there is another guy from Michigan who claims it's his car.

This guy is also posting the dyno sheets from Alternative Auto saying that he personally took the car to them for the dyno runs.

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40576&page=1&pp=15

Dennis or Lidio can you tell us who is the real owner of this car.

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread