...rollin on 20's
Established Member
coldid-shelby_3_.gif

coldid-shelby_2_.gif

coldid-shelby_1.gif

coldid-stock_vs_tune_shelby.gif

coldid-shelby.gif

coldid said:
I took mine to Lidio at Alternative Auto Performance in Mt. Clemens, Michigan www.alternativeauto.com this past Monday (I've been too busy to post) and bone stock mine dyno'ed at only 407 rwhp about 480 at the flywheel, but after the car cooled down about 15 minutes he did get slightly better numbers. The amazing thing is after Lidio tuned/tweaked it using a software program and an SCT Xcalibrator flash tool it now puts out 475 rwhp and about 560 at the flywheel. This is without any other modifications. So far I have put 20x10's with 315/35/20's on the back and 20x8.5's with 245/40/20's on the front and tinted the windows. Next up is Steeda lowering springs and a 3:73 gear possibly before the Woodward Cruise next weekend - if Lidio can talk someone into working late one night for me since they are swamped. Lidio plans to update his website with the results as well. I could post some pics and the dynoruns if someone can tell me how since I am a fairly new user.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Great #'s with just a tune! :thumbsup:

What kind of wheels are those? They look awesome! Drop it a lil bit and it'll be perfect :-D I'll be up at Woodward, hopefully I'll see it around (altho, there's a ton of cars up there, so might not LOL)

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
bad360rt said:
Great #'s with just a tune! :thumbsup:

What kind of wheels are those? They look awesome! Drop it a lil bit and it'll be perfect :-D I'll be up at Woodward, hopefully I'll see it around (altho, there's a ton of cars up there, so might not LOL)
Go to the Snakepit @ Mustang Alley.:thumbsup:

Nice numbers...the potential is becoming more evident.:rockon:

bunk22

Established Member
Doesn't surprise me at all. Like what Chevy did with the C6, Ford doesn't tune the cars for maximum performance. It's just that cars with boost make for better hp gains, at least from what I've always seen :coolman:

key

Established Member
I'd like to know the numbers after the cooldown, but before tuning started.

Never the less, those are great numbers from just a tune.

WDW MKR

Established Member
That's amazing! I knew there would be power in just a tune, but not that much. A little lean for my tastes in the mid-range, though. It looks as though we'll see 500-525rwhp with nothing more than intake and exhaust!

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
03blwn281 said:
Postban,

All I've got to say is you've done it again

congrats!

The car above belongs to board member coldid.

My dyno sheet would look a lot different bro;-)

TORQUERULES

Established Member
WTF were the cool-down numbers? I think 407 is low for this car. I've seen stock Terminators between 350+ and 380 at the wheels stock, so I guess there would be some variance with these cars as well. We need more stock dynos.

Last edited:

WDW MKR

Established Member
That's not the only car reported to put down around 410rwhp on a stock tune. They're obviously rich from the factory, but how much timing did Lidio add? I'm assuming it was a pump gas street tune?

MikeW

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
That's amazing! I knew there would be power in just a tune, but not that much. A little lean for my tastes in the mid-range, though. It looks as though we'll see 500-525rwhp with nothing more than intake and exhaust!

I agree with the amazing! However it is not too lean on a stock pulley is it? Looks to be around 12 even in the mid range and my stock pulley with stock tune was more lean than that from Ford :shrug: GGet that hump out of the 3,800 rpm rnage and call it a day?

WDW MKR

Established Member
Depends on which graph you look at. The second one zooms in a shows it running 12.2-12.5:1. Some guys run them that lean... just not my preference. Not trying to take away from the numbers at all!

Fourcam330

Established Member
At least this graph verifies the fact that GT500s have Ford GT cams (note the pull to 6500rpm).

MikeW

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Depends on which graph you look at. The second one zooms in a shows it running 12.2-12.5:1. Some guys run them that lean... just not my preference. Not trying to take away from the numbers at all!

Ok Good eye.. I see what you are ssaying now. I was looking at the before and after graph only.

Looks like the GT500's are gonna be fun. Now if they would settle down on Price I'd get in line :rolling:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Those are awesome numbers for a tuned car and I cant wait to see more! :coolman:

However, 12.2-12.5 for a street car, is too lean for a supercharged car. I would like to see some rwhp numbers with the car around a more "street" realisitc 11.5:1.

Users who are viewing this thread