Tuned Shelby Dyno sheet - COLDID

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Looks like the first recall will be a flash that brings the hp up 40hp. :-D

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
that's makes more power than a full bolt on (non ported) 03-04!!! Sweet numbers...AWESOME TORQUE CURVE! Over 400 ft lbs from 2300-6200 rpm!!!!!!!!!!

MikeW

Established Member
Was the a/f in the tailpipe? I still say my stock tune was more lean than that until it went pig rich after 4,000 Rpm's. If a pulley would have been added then I could better understand all the lean comments:??:

If the tuner were concerned would'nt he address it and not let it leave the shop in a lean condition?

Dont get me worng I'm a the bandwagon of having a nice flat 11.5-11.7 a/f but with stock boost a 12.1 should be with in reason?

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
S281_Saleen said:
What tires are you using on those rims?
I just noticed that he is running 20's. IMO those are the perfect size. I was gonna do 19's, but now I've changed my mind. What wheels are they? I really like them, but IMO they are too plain Jane for a shelby.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
very nice jump in the power it produces.. I guess Ford kept the very conservative tune on the GT500, the same as they did on the Terminators..

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
With factory mufflers (read chambered), I think the a/f has to be read in the 02 sensor. However, it will be after the cat, so it should be ok.

however, i for one am quite disappointed that it takes a voided warranty to get up to (and above) the factory power output.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
quadcammer said:
With factory mufflers (read chambered), I think the a/f has to be read in the 02 sensor. However, it will be after the cat, so it should be ok.

however, i for one am quite disappointed that it takes a voided warranty to get up to (and above) the factory power output.
a stock car dynoed 445rwhp...i think it's all about a cool down with the blower on top.

broeli

Established Member
The wheels look like SSR GT2's.
I also don't believe for a second that any Shelby will pick up 70rwhp with nothing but a tune, makes no sense...unless the thing was barely running when it came in.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Tuned numbers are good.

I can't wait till someone figures out what is up with these cars stock.

This one was at 407, SAE,

The stangs unleashed car was at 412 std, which depending on which std correction was used could be as low as 398 SAE.

There is a car on mod fords that did 375/ 375????

Only one has laid down a good stock number at 444 SAE.

Do these cars have some real aggressive protection mode that pulls out all the timing and or ?? whenever the moon, stars and air temps aren't exactly aligned????

You can see the low stock pull on this car appears to be the same boost as post tune.

It will be good when more pulls are availible to anaylze. It be nice if you didn't have to void the warranty to get to the mid 400's.

BTW, the post tune a/f is fine for stock boost, actually after looking at the curves again, the a/f looks good for even more boost.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
jtfx6552 said:
Do these cars have some real aggressive protection mode that pulls out all the timing and or ?? whenever the moon, stars and air temps aren't exactly aligned????

Not sure. But that is a good thought. Maybe that is the case, and when they are reflashed the protection is no longer present, and that is why we are seeing such a huge jump in numbers.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Just to see what I tune alone would do. That would be my guess.

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
I wonder what headers will do for this motor? Traditionally the fat factory A/F numbers respond very well to the normal leaning of the mixture on the 4 valves. Balance that with the obvious top end charge and the fact that gears will allow this motor to get thier quicker and I think exhaust breathing may be a way to big power. How much can one raise the rev limiter on this bottom end and still stay REASONABLY safe? Another couple hundred revs would be VERY nice! I also wonder if the early low numbers might be in the learned behavior from break in and unfamiliarity by new owners. Wonder if the gains would be helped on a stock car by pulling the battery and dumping the early feedback from sensors?

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
If you pick up decent power without a pulley, a tune doesn't sound to bad. If I could pick up 50hp with a tune I would do it. People spend just as much on a exhaust and pick up less.

Sklander

Established Member
That thing looks sick with those wheels.

Power potential with the GT500 is becoming quite evident.

Users who are viewing this thread