Tubular K member (Which one and Why)

BMR Tech

1) can all stock hardware be reused?
We provide hardware for the A-Arms, Rack, Engine Mounts. The customer needs to re-use the factory mounting bolts, that mount the K-Member to the car.

2) what is the weight savings over stock once installed (k only)
Just a touch over 20lbs.

3) can you comment on what the benefits are of the BMR arms are over the stock arms?
You name it, it's better. Steering, handling, weight transfer, weight....the factory S197 A-Arms are far from a "performance" part. The bushing upgrade alone, with our A-Arms is worth the cost (in terms of performance)

Vic2186

Established Member
can you reuse the factory plastic undertray..I will feel nervous in nyc with all these potholes

BMR Tech

can you reuse the factory plastic undertray..I will feel nervous in nyc with all these potholes

They are not a plug and play, but I do have customers who make them work.

Most customers keep the plastics from the front, and remove the Z-Brace and affiliated plastics with it.

Torchy

Established Member
Here are 2 pics of the BMR K Member and A Arms in White. Kelly sent us the K Member, A Arms and Anti Roll Bar in "bare" metal. I need to get Eric@JPC to post up a pic of the Anti Roll Bar in White on the lift! :beer:

IMG950378_zps820db2f4.jpg

IMG959829_zpsfea00357.jpg

Um you have weird exhaust:rolling:

This BMR pic fest is great. Keep em coming. I want one.

Kelly-any added nvh leaving A-arms stock?

EJR

Established Member
Nice pics. I too have literally everything BMR in my car. However. Question for kelly. This car is strictly a street strip drag car. No front sway... no strut tower brace...sits on bigs and little 100% of the time. I have the A-Arm brace as well and was wondering if its really offering me any structural support since i dont road race. Trying to save more weight. I notice almost every picture here doesnt have them.

D.T.R

Established Member
Can the plastic covers under the motor be used with these K-Members?
I really want to get a K-member and arms since I will be yanking the stock motor out... so might as well..

BMR Tech

Nice pics. I too have literally everything BMR in my car. However. Question for kelly. This car is strictly a street strip drag car. No front sway... no strut tower brace...sits on bigs and little 100% of the time. I have the A-Arm brace as well and was wondering if its really offering me any structural support since i dont road race. Trying to save more weight. I notice almost every picture here doesnt have them.

Take that AAS001 off! :beer:

Can the plastic covers under the motor be used with these K-Members?
I really want to get a K-member and arms since I will be yanking the stock motor out... so might as well..

You "can" re-use them, if you put some effort and thought into it. Most people do not.

BAD GT

Established Member
Very nice, question I have on this, its before the O2 sensors? how does that work, only asking because I plan to do this when I get my 2015.

Here are 2 pics of the BMR K Member and A Arms in White. Kelly sent us the K Member, A Arms and Anti Roll Bar in "bare" metal. I need to get Eric@JPC to post up a pic of the Anti Roll Bar in White on the lift! :beer:

IMG950378_zps820db2f4.jpg

IMG959829_zpsfea00357.jpg

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
Is any reliability compromised with your a-arms? How much weight saved there? Already have practically everything else

Bud

Established Member
BMR FTW! Great pieces and great service before and after the sale. Kelly really does go out of his way to help people learn more about suspension and how to make it work.

Jabooh1

Established Member
When I change mine I will be getting a BMR k. I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Kelly and was convinced this guy knows his stuff.

I then ordered some BMR pieces and they are outstanding. Excellent uniform welds and very heavy duty.

I am actually going to sell my Steeda PHB and get the BMR version at some time, if for no other reason than to only use one company.

spdracr0

Established Member
Guess who got a k-member. And you not off the hook yet. I am coming to Fla and not leaving till this b"@ch will 60 ft to my liking!!!

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Can you reuse the stock A arm brace? I know that's not very important, I'm just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread