Tubular K member (Which one and Why)

Nasty5ohhh

Established Member
Looking for opinions on tubular K members who is running them and which brand. I'm debating on going with BMR unit or the Chromoly unit that UPR sells and info would be appreciated.
I know UPR is lighter, but I believe more people run the BMR.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I don't have either and have nothing against either make but I lime the bmr k member over upr. There are a lot of cars with it and are taking the abuse. The k member is something I wouldn't try to save money on because it has to take ridiculous loads and you woildnt want a weld or tube to fail.

poof100

Established Member
I am running the BMR k member and A arms and nice pieces. I'm running the JPC billet motor mounts as well.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we have the bmr on the blue car. I forget exactly how much weight, i'm sure Kelly will chime in.

I have the BMR or UPR both available
beef
513-478-1965

BMR Tech

This topic is increasing in popularity. UPR chose to copy our K-Member for a reason, because it is the best overall piece for the S197 Chassis.

It is definitely true, UPR's K-Member is lighter than ours due to the fact that they use Chrome-Moly tubing, instead of the DOM that we use.. I am not sure of how much exactly, but UPR claims 6lbs. I would imagine that would be very accurate, seeing as they had/have ours for designing their version.

Shortly after UPR released their K-Member, we revamped our design to set it apart - as well as save a little weight over our previous design. We also took the opportunity to change a few other details, as well.

Here is our current K-Member:

b944b001-5575-46bb-a00e-26afa282e895.jpg

This piece is 26.4lbs with the engine mount assembly, and mounting hardware.

At the end of the day, people need to make an educated decision - and that would start by possibly contacting each company to see what they have to say.

As for results, BMR has more K-Members on the road than all of the other guys combined. They are typically underneath the fastest cars at any given event, and were also tested/chosen by Shelby American for use on the Prudhomme Edition Shelby, as well as the Shelby S1000.

If you have any specific questions about our components, K-Member specifically,post in here and I will be happy to assist you in any way possible.

Happy Modding!

BMR Tech

bmr because I could get it in red.

:banana:

Our sales of Red K-Members is going through the roof. It is weird, they never sold much historically (compared to Hammertone like I posted a picture of). You must be showing it off at the races Larry. :beer:

poof100

Established Member
:banana:

Our sales of Red K-Members is going through the roof. It is weird, they never sold much historically (compared to Hammertone like I posted a picture of). You must be showing it off at the races Larry. :beer:

Wait till I post up pics tonight of my BMR K member/A Arms in custom White!! Forgot to post it up when it went on the car. Need to get a pic of the White Rear Anti Roll bar too! :rockon:

Nasty5ohhh

Established Member
Well can beat a proven product decision has been made and Red BMR it is? Unless you guys do custom finishes?

BMR Tech

Wait till I post up pics tonight of my BMR K member/A Arms in custom White!! Forgot to post it up when it went on the car. Need to get a pic of the White Rear Anti Roll bar too! :rockon:

:rockon: Must post pics! I'd love to see that!

I run the BMR K as well, top notch piece as always.

Thanks sir! Looks good.

Well can beat a proven product decision has been made and Red BMR it is? Unless you guys do custom finishes?

We used to offer custom finishes, but once we got "big" - that went out the door! lol

For anyone reading this, we DO offer our (ALL) components in bare. We are proud of our work here, and love for people to order "uncoated" and do them how they like, if they are not happy with Red or Hammertone. You can get our products uncoated directly through us, or our dealers if they allow. Each component is $15 cheaper, if you get it uncoated.

Here is one of my favorites, so far:

578559_412620772088933_458907263_n.jpg

BMR Tech

Oh, and here is our car. I just had it on the lift last week and snapped a quick pic.

IMAG1666.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

poof100

Established Member
:rockon: Must post pics! I'd love to see that!

For anyone reading this, we DO offer our (ALL) components in bare. We are proud of our work here, and love for people to order "uncoated" and do them how they like, if they are not happy with Red or Hammertone. You can get our products uncoated directly through us, or our dealers if they allow. Each component is $15 cheaper, if you get it uncoated.

Here are 2 pics of the BMR K Member and A Arms in White. Kelly sent us the K Member, A Arms and Anti Roll Bar in "bare" metal. I need to get Eric@JPC to post up a pic of the Anti Roll Bar in White on the lift! :beer:

IMG950378_zps820db2f4.jpg

IMG959829_zpsfea00357.jpg

Last edited:

DNT H8

Established Member
BMR TECH cpl questions

1) can all stock hardware be reused?
2) what is the weight savings over stock once installed (k only)
3) can you comment on what the benefits are of the BMR arms are over the stock arms?

Thank you Sir.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
BMR will be going on my car this winter. Their pieces are ridiculously well engineered and they are awesome with answering any and all questions.

Users who are viewing this thread