TS/Hurricane Gustav....

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
recon just recorded 80mph winds in Gustav...certainly should be upgraded at the 11am advisory now

TcM-668

It gets better. I heard on Glenn Beck last night that there was a report of at least 1 levee in New Orleans stuffed with shredded newspaper. !

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
TS Hanna has just been named

Gustav is just a hair under Hurricane Strength at 60kts sustained

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
but doesnt look like it is going to pose any problems huh?:shrug:

i dunno...it just might

144212W_sm.gif

AAG

Established Member
I hope it doesn't head for the Houston/Galveston area, I'm headed down there this weekend.....:nonono:

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
Sounds like it may track right into New Orleans, If i were living there i would be worried as hell and start making preparations to get the hell out of there.
I can see it now...

LIVE FROM THE SUPERDOME

"The hurricane came and the government wasn't there to save us".

"Why didn't we know sooner?"

And then "OMFG where is FEMA why arent they helping us?"

discuss.

Its because poor people are stupid and have nothing to lose, relatively speaking. Despite repeated warnings, they just don't do anything about it because they don't care.

Then they get walloped by a Hurricane and blame the government. I felt worse for the pets than the people during Katrina - the pets were helpless the people weren't. It isn't like a Tornado which can pop up at any time...people have DAYS to prepare for a hurricane. If you feel the gov't isn't helping, then help yourself!! Run, walk, hitchhike - however the hell you have to get out.

Last edited:

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
Everyone's looking at Hanna not Gustav. Gustav is the one that is going to pummel New Orleans.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
If New Orleans gets whacked like it did 3 years ago, then they should do what I said they should have done 3 years ago.

Breach all the levees, and when the water finds equilibrium, require that all finished floors for new structures be 15' min above sea level. Do not allow any new permits for remodeling buildings below 15' above sea level. Restore the wetlands which serves as a buffer against the storm surge.

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
If New Orleans gets whacked like it did 3 years ago, then they should do what I said they should have done 3 years ago.

Breach all the levees, and when the water finds equilibrium, require that all finished floors for new structures be 15' min above sea level. Do not allow any new permits for remodeling buildings below 15' above sea level. Restore the wetlands which serves as a buffer against the storm surge.

That actually makes sense, bet 5 bucks it wont happen.

WhiteStallionGT

lmfao who names Hurricanes nowadays. Gustav? A huge hairy Swedish dude is going to destroy us all.

On a serious note, good luck to all who live down there.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
if it hits I dont think any money should be spent to rebuild it in the same spot, rebuild it, but move it above sea level, we cant keep pissing money into a broken part

BayouFX4

GEAUX TIGERS
Established Member
I hope it doesn't hit around here so I don't have to listen to all the whiney bs that comes from unprepared people that don't do anything for themselves. I'm staying unless it becomes a 4 or a 5.

Users who are viewing this thread