TS/Hurricane Gustav....

myersusaf

Go Hawks!
Established Member
Sounds like it may track right into New Orleans, If i were living there i would be worried as hell and start making preparations to get the hell out of there.
I can see it now...

LIVE FROM THE SUPERDOME

"The hurricane came and the government wasn't there to save us".

"Why didn't we know sooner?"

And then "OMFG where is FEMA why arent they helping us?"

discuss.

flame suit on. BTW we have family in and around the area getting ready to leave if needed.

Last edited:

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Don't they have the same idiot for a Mayor? (New Orleans)
Will B. Hussein Osama be ready with a speech?

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
NICE! :idea:

Having lived through many hurricanes, if you use your brain, there should be no issues.

My rule of thumb was always this:

Cat 1 or 2 : Throw a party and ride it out. Go surfing if that was your bag

Cat 3: Keep one eye out on path and keep the car gassed up and bag packed just in case

Cat 4-5: No questions asked. Once they called for voluntary evacuation, pack up the wife and kids and leave before everyone else decides to do it. Good time to take a vacation.

Not sure why this is so difficult for some. If you r house is going to be destroyed, you sitting in it is not going to save it.

Last edited:

joshs00blkgt

Bulldawgs Amen
Established Member
Hope their ready this time to get the hell out of dodge. I just hope it dont mess with the football game this weekend bc ill be in Louisana friday-sunday.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
It's going to be interesting to see how the people play this out. I can imagine some of them staying behind banking on the fact that they can play it like most did with Katrina...

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
jesus the news is making a huge deal out of this

Gustav is still 5+ days out, the models will change 10 times by then. Hell it could hit Galveston TX or Destin FL for all we know. In short the entire Gulf Coast need to keep a sharp eye on him.

It still has to get by Cuba first

143014W_sm.gif

Last edited:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Well it certainly was nice to see gas go down to $3.55. I'm sure it will be above $4 again by end of week.

082708_newgustav.jpg

God, I hate teh media!!

NinoAvila

Who's awesome....YOU ARE!
Established Member
Hate to be the ass, but I hope it goes anywhere but here. Dolly wasn't big, but it dumped a lot of rain. We're FINALLY starting to get back to somewhat normal around here. Bad thing is, it's been raining on and off so the ground is really saturated.

We don't need another. Where ever it goes, good luck.

-N

usaf_eagle

Established Member
Here's what T/S Faye left for us in middle georgia.. this was taken in front of my house.. thank god it missed.. lets hope Gustav doesn't leave us any left overs..
CIMG1280-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread