TS/Hurricane Gustav....

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
niether have I, but the National Hurricane Center is the place to check... those guys are top notch. Most likely continue west ward at less than 10kt... increasing to a cat 2-3. It has an eye right now, although impossible to see on IR satellite images... you have to check some polar orbitor images... but none of those satellites have made a pass over the eyewall region recently. We'll get a much better Idea of whats going on during the next overpass.

Check this site out for purdy pictures http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/TC.html

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Bushzfault.jpg

s|ck

Established Member
I kinda hope it does hit new orleans, that way i can go over there and rage for a few months LOL

DaJoker

Never Serious...Seriously
Established Member
I'm sure some morons will stay (even if its a Cat 4 or 5). But we have a new governor and he "should" have a better idea of what not to do. PS He is a Republican!! I think alot more people will be ready if it comes our way. I'm heading to Arkansas for a lil vacation if it does. And for all you Houston guys...........get ready for some more "refugees"!! This would burn InsaneWheel's butt if he was still here.:lol1::lol1::lol1:

01VNMS4v

T-E-X-A-S!!
Established Member
my opinion, N.O. is in deep trouble, and once again they will rebuild a city that sits way below sea level.

I guess the NFL will be here again.

GHIG RTR

Banned
I read somewhere on the internet or paper last week that he levees aren't 100% finished yet and that they won't be able to withstand a cat. 4+ hurricane in they're current condition. If it hits NO again, has anyone ever thought that mother nature gave them a chance to get out for good, and now this time it's to make her point to not rebuild. Just a thought :). On a side note, it would be nice to get the Saints back in town again.

DaJoker

Never Serious...Seriously
Established Member
I read somewhere on the internet or paper last week that he levees aren't 100% finished yet and that they won't be able to withstand a cat. 4+ hurricane in they're current condition. If it hits NO again, has anyone ever thought that mother nature gave them a chance to get out for good, and now this time it's to make her point to not rebuild. Just a thought :). On a side note, it would be nice to get the Saints back in town again.

Yeah the levee's won't be finished until 2011. If another Cat 3,4 or 5 hit I think New Orleans will die for good.:burn:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I read somewhere on the internet or paper last week that he levees aren't 100% finished yet and that they won't be able to withstand a cat. 4+ hurricane in they're current condition.

they werent ready for a Cat4 to begin with, and everyone knew it and did nothing, and then spent a year after the fact pointing fingers.

i have no pity, everyone in that whole region should be so lucky to get a weeks warning. If i got a week warning of an earthquake, shit, my ass would be in Vegas on the next plane.

streetassasin

Welcome to Gaptown, TX
Established Member
if it comes down here, Im south of beaumont, Im having my gf and son leave with my parents and Im gonno go a decent little ways inland and sleep in my car so I can head back asap and get paid double time plus triple time for overtime at work :dancenana:

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Recon just reported 70mph winds...me thinks he may be a hurricane again by the 11am advisory

we may have TS Hanna before the day is over as well

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread