trying to stiffn up my IRS bc of wheel hop

sassafras

Established Member

oldmodman

Established Member
i was lookin into the steeda stuff

Don't waste your money just because it's cheaper.

Get Bruce's kit and fix all the rubber to suspension problem points at once.
People will try to say it's a lot of work to install. So what if they are right.:nono:

Once you get it installed you will wonder why Ford didn't do it that way in the first place. The answer is simple. They are cheapos.

moot09

Established Member
bruces kit or bust. They practically eliminated my wheel hop. I also have flsfc so it helps too. Dont buy steeda's kit though, with that, youll be wasting your money

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
How long does Bruces kit take to install? I have very bad wheelhop as well. I would probably be better off having the ford dealership installing this stuff. Sounds like it should be one of the first mods done to these cars.

sassafras

Established Member
How long does Bruces kit take to install? I have very bad wheelhop as well. I would probably be better off having the ford dealership installing this stuff. Sounds like it should be one of the first mods done to these cars.

If you are mechanically sound and have a person helping you, it's probably around a 6-8 hour job if you've never done it before. I did it by myself on the garage floor and spread it out over a weekend. Another set of hands would have been super helpful though.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
How long does Bruces kit take to install?

I had a four post lift, a transmission jack, a nice heavy work table, all of Bruce's tools, my own air tools, a friend helping, and it still took us all weekend on his car. But we're both old guys and drink too much. Two young guys that don't take a break every half hour could finish it in a day.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
LOL!
It's pretty involved but unless you know the tech at a dealership I would just have a friend over and do it yourselves.
Expect to use most of both days of a weekend.
If you are lowered don't forget to bump it.:beer:

DO NOT OMIT THE GREASE FITTINGS!:thumbsup:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Ok since everyone has jumped on the typical "Steeda is crap" bandwagon...

Bruce's kit *is* better for open track/drag stip abuse. Hands down.

However, in street use, there's nothing wrong with the Steeda polyurethane setup.

The control arm bushings were Prothane. The IRS Carriage bushings and forward diff/pinion bushings were also poly, but I think Steeda specific durometers.

That said, I'm running all polyurethane in my IRS, with the Billetflow IRS brace and Kenny Brown rear-steer/HD toe rod kit.

ZERO wheel hop on 17" and 18" street tires (stock Goodyears and 285 Nitto 555's); no hop on 315 Nitto DR's either.

Very streetable, feels "stock" with no noteable increase in NVH. However it's a much more planted feel and 'direct' feeling.

I also cut 1/2 coil off my rear coupe springs, this did stiffen them slightly. Most aftermarket springs also help reduce wheelhop.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread