Trying to get an idea of selling price.

lethal

Established Member
Hey guys.

I have a 2014 GT500 on order, so it looks like I'll have to make room in the stable for it. I'm considering selling the 2003 Sonic Blue Coupe. The mods are in my sig, also included are the set of original rims, any spare parts, etc. I have Lojack with the early warning system, I am removing the stereo and putting all the original audio components back in. Here's the rub. As many of you have followed on previous threads, my car was stolen, twice. It's also been tapped twice in the rear. Mechanically, the car is perfect, but if someone were to look at the carfax, they may not get that impression. I have no idea what it may or may not say. Anyhow, between all those events (in 2010) the car had a completely new paint job, new windshield and rear glass (they scratched it when they towed it) and all 100% OEM ford parts. I probably spent $5K on extras to make the car perfect, I never expected to sell it.

So, I want it to have a good home, its been a great car, and since its a garage queen (now) the paint is flawless and the car runs like a raped ape. So, given all this, and it has 75K miles on it, what would you expect to get for the car. Also, does anyone know of someone looking for a 2003 SBC =)

Thanks.

John

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
If all that is on the carfax and assuming its not a rebuilt or salvaged title I'd say 14-16k.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
John, you won't really get much for your mods (you probably already know that), so you might even consider removing the wheel/tires and swapping the stockers back on. Price-wise with the car's history, you'll take a slight hit. The fact that the car was repainted, and hopefully it was an exceptional paint job, would be a plus to many would-be buyers. I would guess with the mileage that you could ask for $17K-$18K and see what offers you get.

lethal

Established Member
Thanks Bob, long time! Yeah, I'm probably OK with that. To be honest, I'm mixed about even getting rid of it. I may just buy a lift and leave them both in the garage =)

But of course, there are so many other things to consider, insurance, maintenance, etc. I'll probably make someone a very good deal as long as it goes to a good home. It's not worth my time to remove the mods and the original rims do not have rubber on them, so I'll offer them up to the new would be owner -- otherwise I can sell the stockers some other way.

Thx for the feedback, looking for all I can get.

John

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I do hope you get decent money for it if you sell it, John. Your 2014 SB GT-500 is going to be awesome. I wish I had one on order. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread