Trunk Floor Paint Color Question

FL.-Frank

Established Member
I’ve seen a black 2003 convertible where the trunk floor color is best described as gray/brown or taupe, and a yellow 2004 convertible where the trunk floor matches the car’s yellow exterior.

Assuming the yellow trunk floor is factory correct on the yellow car, wondering why the black car’s trunk floor isn’t black to match the car’s exterior color?

Does the model make year difference when it comes to what color the factory painted the trunk floors?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
In the black convertible you're talking about, is the gray/brown/taupe unfinished/satin or finished/glossy?

FL.-Frank

Established Member
Here’s a photo of it...

7CEC1E1F-02C6-47E6-99D4-1F1B132C86BA.jpeg
In the black convertible you're talking about, is the gray/brown/taupe unfinished/satin or finished/glossy?

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Mine is factory original and it is yellow in the trunk. Perhaps it was different depending on the exterior color?

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I can’t imagine the difference being based on color. Maybe it’s an 03 vs. 04 thing or after a certain production date the paint process changed for the trunk.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Many different robots spray the body. I heard years ago that they box the left over paints together for coating these types of areas. I recognize that shade.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
sorry op, i was wrong. your pic got me off my duff to go check mine out, and they are indeed painted body color. it's so rare that i lift up that floor cover, i must have forgotten. the paint is maybe not as glossy as exterior (no clear coat?), but def more than just an overspray i think.

so now i am not certain about your situation at all lol. here's both of mine. build dates in sig.

orange car trunk.JPG
blue car trunk.JPG

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
No worries p49y-cy.

I was obsessing all week about pulling the trigger on the yellow one, and finally decided to just go for it. 2004 Screaming Yellow Convertible with 1,000 miles on the odo :)

FAN-FRICK’N-TASTIC! Congrats on scoring such a low-mile example!

01yellercobra

Established Member
Wasn't there something similar about the underside of the hood as well? Some were fully finished while others got pretty much nothing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I learned something new today. The floor of the trunk in those two photos above reminds me of the underside of the (unfinished ones) underside of the hood.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wasn't there something similar about the underside of the hood as well? Some were fully finished while others got pretty much nothing.
Yes, some undersides were finished and others weren't. Mine wasn't. Those whose undersides were finished were fortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread