Truly impressed at the insane prices people want for used cars out there on Marketplace

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
1000005198.png

You can literally own a 911 for 5 years for only $300/M

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
That's an interesting depreciation chart. Porsche, Toyota and Honda are givens. I don't know if you could even buy a new 911 at MSRP pre china virus. The Camaro is definitely a surprise. I bought a 2023 LT1 a few months ago. The car defintely has its faults, but I am blown away how capable it is.

tistan

Established Member
That's an interesting depreciation chart. Porsche, Toyota and Honda are givens. I don't know if you could even buy a new 911 at MSRP pre china virus. The Camaro is definitely a surprise. I bought a 2023 LT1 a few months ago. The car defintely has its faults, but I am blown away how capable it is.
Yep, dealer won't even order an s model at msrp. I really want a 911 for my next toy, but I'm not waiting months and paying the dealer $20k for the privilege of ordering it. Too many other good cars for that price range.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep, dealer won't even order an s model at msrp. I really want a 911 for my next toy, but I'm not waiting months and paying the dealer $20k for the privilege of ordering it. Too many other good cars for that price range.
You are buying your first car? You must buy a few cars to get to VIP status.

My Posche and Ford dealers require a few buys before you get to order a new specialty car.

You new guys may need to buy another used car first. I'd recommend that you buy a 2005 Ford GT to get started or a 996 Turbo.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member

I've talked to these guys. I'd use them again to find a specific car at a reasonable price.

tistan

Established Member
You are buying your first car? You must buy a few cars to get to VIP status.

My Posche and Ford dealers require a few buys before you get to order a new specialty car.

You new guys may need to buy another used car first. I'd recommend that you buy a 2005 Ford GT to get started or a 996 Turbo.
Not my first Porsche, but my first 911. It's a ****ing s model with 430 hp, not what I would consider a specialty car. It isn't like it is a gt2 or gt3. I'm not paying a dealer for the privileged of ordering and waiting for a barely above base model 911. Like I said, there are a lot of good cars on that $100-150k price range.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
It didn't increase 90% in either timeframe. Believe or not though, min wage actually increased more in the past 10 years than it did between 20- 30 years ago.

Minimum wage is a worthless measure. You're not buying houses or cars on minimum wage and I'd you think you should be, there in lies a problem.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

That's why depreciation appears low. It's based off MSRP, not actual transaction price.

So $120K is worth $100k 5 years later... But you paid $160k OTD (tax, title, ADM).

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Minimum wage is a worthless measure. You're not buying houses or cars on minimum wage and I'd you think you should be, there in lies a problem.
Yes and no, usually when min gets bumped, so do the people above. As stated though, usually, not the standard.

Dont see the issue with buying a car at min wage, I bought a 20k car. I was also in High School. Had to save for a DP but still did it, was also only making $7.50 an hour. Was literally working for car and insurance but got what I wanted at the time.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes and no, usually when min gets bumped, so do the people above. As stated though, usually, not the standard.

Dont see the issue with buying a car at min wage, I bought a 20k car. I was also in High School. Had to save for a DP but still did it, was also only making $7.50 an hour. Was literally working for car and insurance but got what I wanted at the time.

Did you also buy a house? Or where you like... In Highschool.

Minimum wage has basically doubled in the last 3 years. No one else's salaries have doubled. Instead we're all feeling the pressure as those goods and services that rely on minimum wage workers are skyrocketing.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Not my first Porsche, but my first 911. It's a ****ing s model with 430 hp, not what I would consider a specialty car. It isn't like it is a gt2 or gt3. I'm not paying a dealer for the privileged of ordering and waiting for a barely above base model 911. Like I said, there are a lot of good cars on that $100-150k price range.
You are correct. You know all SVTP guys can go anywhere.

I will soon be a 21 Year member. I remember Lighting Larry, and a few other guys, It's been fun.

I have no car budget after 20+ years. My last Porsche 911 3.8L Turbo is a great car:
2023Porsche4.jpg

I have a new car on an allocation (due in 12 months).
---
My 2019 Mustang GT350 flat-plan-crank car is the best Mustang every made.

2019GT350a.jpg

It does everything just right. I showed the $60K sticker before, I am sure that Ford will soon announce a better one with better performance.in 2024. Those SVTP guys are good.

One EV car just blew into flames in my neighborhood. It took an expensive home with it.

I think the expensive EV cars are worth 50% of their government funded price. There are no charging stations that work well. It's a Biden Scam.

Users who are viewing this thread