True Forged aluminum expansion tanks BATCH 2!

Satin03

Established Member
your expansion tank is AT powder coating. should be done this week. but then im going to have my guy redo the outlet tubing on it. so figure it should all be ready to ship out next week.

you ordered yours late so you have some waiting to do. i JUST got the first batch of crinkle black tanks (etched ones) back and are being shipped out this week. i believe yours is at powder coating right now but will then need to have the outlet tubing fixed.

my guy is currently going back and cutting off the outlet tubing on ALL the tanks we have left (about 25) and then going to reweld them on, then re pressure test them. then after that, they get some paint touch up. its only on the bottom of the dropped tank portion (which you cant see) and the actual tubing itself. the touch ups look fine.

just have two more tanks being finished up at polishing. my guy pulled them from the polisher to redo the outlet tubing on them and now theyre back with him.

got some tanks going into black chroming this week.

im going to be having a set or two done in anthracite in the next couple of weeks. this color matches DSG very well. it'll be interesting to see how they look. maybe a nice anthracite tank with polished or black caps?? :coolman: also going to have some hood vents/side scoops done at the same time too :read::p

Cool man, yeah I figured. Just anxious to get my hands on this thing. No worries! Thanks for the update and definately appreciate you squeezing me in on this GP!!!!! :beer:

ib_604

Established Member
Woooohoooo! Got my tracking #'s.

Thanks Steve, great way to end the day :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

GodStang

Established Member
Sweet got my shipping notice today. It is racing my MM K-member from Cali. Excited to finish up the engine bay.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
thanks for your patience and your business everyone.

just got a couple of people left who joined late in the game and then we're all clear here.

i know some people emailed/PM'd me about getting a set. please do so again as all the back and forth starts to blur the names of everyone :read:

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
thanks for your patience and your business everyone.

just got a couple of people left who joined late in the game and then we're all clear here.

i know some people emailed/PM'd me about getting a set. please do so again as all the back and forth starts to blur the names of everyone :read:
Did mine ship out? I pmed but didn't get a reply nor a tracking number. Also did you fix the cap on the intercooler reservoir?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Did mine ship out? I pmed but didn't get a reply nor a tracking number. Also did you fix the cap on the intercooler reservoir?

i dont know what there is to fix on the cap unless you damaged the threads. it was all ready to ship out but you said you had issues with it leaking so i sent it back to have it pressure tested. should be ready in a few more days. he's going to pressure test it with your current set up as you sent it back. if it leaks, he'll swap out the oring with a new one to see if that takes care of it. he's gotta do it in his spare time so it will be a few more days. i was about to just send it back with a new oring but i figured we might as well pressure test it while its here.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
i dont know what there is to fix on the cap unless you damaged the threads. it was all ready to ship out but you said you had issues with it leaking so i sent it back to have it pressure tested. should be ready in a few more days. he's going to pressure test it with your current set up as you sent it back. if it leaks, he'll swap out the oring with a new one to see if that takes care of it. he's gotta do it in his spare time so it will be a few more days. i was about to just send it back with a new oring but i figured we might as well pressure test it while its here.

Thank you very much! It has been like that since day one I just never bothered to say anything till now since you had it back.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Update for mine Steve?

still waiting on a few polished things so they can all go to black chrome together and i really want that to happen this coming week.

yours is good to go. i just have to get TO the post office to fill out the paperwork etc... i think tomorrow morning might be the day. ill let you know :beer:

GodStang

Established Member
Finally got my True Forged Radiator Expansion tank in:

IMG_0203.jpg

Reflection much?
IMG_0205.jpg

Amazing work buy them! Will install tomorrow.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Looks good polished. I can't wait to get mine and have it installed next to my polished TF intercooler tank. bling bling!!

TRBO VNM

LOL, thats funny. At first I thought, strange looking powder. Like a wrinkle white or chrome powder. Then realized, thats your ceiling. Definitely an awesome polish job.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread