TRT discussion

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I pay $58 a week…my insurance doesn’t cover it. How many of you had had issues with your blood getting thick? I’ve only been doing it 4 months and that’s my biggest concern
Happened to me when I was over 200mgs a week. Pushing it down to 150ish a week and I’m fine. Although, I just got labs done today so I’ll know when those results get posted. I’m kind of nervous since I get mine through my PCP and he can just decide out of the blue to not fill it if he seems it necessary…I’ll follow up when I get my lab results.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I pay $58 a week…my insurance doesn’t cover it. How many of you had had issues with your blood getting thick? I’ve only been doing it 4 months and that’s my biggest concern
58 a week, holyshit dude… WTF…that is way too much. Are you doing your own injections or driving to their clinic? I can get 10ml bottle of pharmacy compounded test for 120 bucks that will last me two months… and I am definitely overpaying at that!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
BTW blood getting thick is mostly bullshit unless you have multiple markers indicating it your blood work. Don’t just go by hematocrit which is transient and can vary wildly depending on your hydration.

snakedoctor

Established Member
58 a week, holyshit dude… WTF…that is way too much. Are you doing your own injections or driving to their clinic? I can get 10ml bottle of pharmacy compounded test for 120 bucks that will last me two months… and I am definitely overpaying at that!
That’s price includes bloodwork every 3 months. It’s a trt clinic that I go to weekly for injections. I don’t know if doing them myself is an option

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
That’s price includes bloodwork every 3 months. It’s a trt clinic that I go to weekly for injections. I don’t know if doing them myself is an option
I do blood work twice a year and my insurance covers most of it, think my copay is 40.. I do however pay the rest of my TRT out of pocket. I don’t want the headache of trying to get insurance to pay for it, nor do I want them in the drivers seat. You are getting hosed brother, that is ****ing extortion! Where are you located? I would just try a good telmed/mens wellness clinic, concierge doc or local urologist that treats men with TRT. This driving in for a weekly injection is going to get old real fast and it’s not sustainable longterm.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Baby aspirin once a day
No…don’t take aspirin, even baby aspirin daily… if Bayer was trying to bring aspirin to market today, they wouldn’t even get FDA approval.

Read the article, it also discusses aspirin's blood thinning properties.

If you want to take a good supplement that is natural to remove plaques, thin blood etc… Read up on Nattokinaise, its an effective fibrinolytic/anticoagulant. Will remove plaque from arteries and thin the blood some.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Well then.. there’s that lol.

I’ve been doing a baby aspirin a day for a couple years

snakedoctor

Established Member
I do blood work twice a year and my insurance covers most of it, think my copay is 40.. I do however pay the rest of my TRT out of pocket. I don’t want the headache of trying to get insurance to pay for it, nor do I want them in the drivers seat. You are getting hosed brother, that is ****ing extortion! Where are you located? I would just try a good telmed/mens wellness clinic, concierge doc or local urologist that treats men with TRT. This driving in for a weekly injection is going to get old real fast and it’s not sustainable longterm.
Phoenix

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Well then.. there’s that lol.

I’ve been doing a baby aspirin a day for a couple years
Yeah I was too and I typically don’t listen to docs, but more than one in the past year or two advised that I stop. Have also read articles from several sources saying the same. FWIW I have had horrible acid reflux, ulcer issues and coughed up blood last year. I have ceased all aspirin use and other meds like it and also quit all booze, beer etc.. I am right as rain now and rarely even have to take an anti-acid.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I don’t know about your local options, but I can recommend Defy and Elevate as Telmeds for TRT. I am sure a few other fellas may chime in. As far as local you could try a urologist or an endocrinologist, though probably try a urologist first, they seem more willing to prescribe than other doctors.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Got my CBCs back and they are all very good. Again, I'm on a lower dose than most (150ish a week). Thickening of my blood is not an issue with my regimen, thankfully.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
IMG_4374.jpeg

I did not skip leg day brothers. ;)

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
No…don’t take aspirin, even baby aspirin daily… if Bayer was trying to bring aspirin to market today, they wouldn’t even get FDA approval.

Read the article, it also discusses aspirin's blood thinning properties.

If you want to take a good supplement that is natural to remove plaques, thin blood etc… Read up on Nattokinaise, its an effective fibrinolytic/anticoagulant. Will remove plaque from arteries and thin the blood some.

Agree! They put me on a baby aspirin a day, because type 2 diabetic, and I had terrible side effects. Big ol skin legions and bled like a stuck pig.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Agree! They put me on a baby aspirin a day, because type 2 diabetic, and I had terrible side effects. Big ol skin legions and bled like a stuck pig.
Yeah I also bruised like a banana on aspirin… its just no bueno. I was never told to take it, just took as a “precaution” because that’s what we have heard for years and typical of most American families, we do have some heart disease in the family too.

Users who are viewing this thread