TRT discussion

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
On positive note, my BP is lowering which is good. I’ve been off energy drinks now for 20 days. Been doing cardio since mid November. I’m actually enjoying cardio and never thought I would. Def not going to increase my dose ;) my dose is perfect. 140-160mg a week.

Steady state cardio is great for lowering BP. Look into an airbike, I got the rogue echo a couple of years ago, that thing is an ass kicker..makes running seem easy by comparison. I enjoying running, but after years of it and my recent ACDF surgery, going to have to lay off the high impact stuff for a few months.

This ****er is evil!
63259213192__074ED3A5-08C2-41A8-AA4E-5959CC24688C.jpeg

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Steady state cardio is great for lowering BP. Look into an airbike, I got the rogue echo a couple of years ago, that thing is an ass kicker..makes running seem easy by comparison. I enjoying running, but after years of it and my recent ACDF surgery, going to have to lay off the high impact stuff for a few months.

This ****er is evil!
View attachment 1824540
Been debating on replacing my stationary bike with one of these for a while, I know there is no comparison but I have yet to have anyone really sell me on one of these. Got any insights???

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Been debating on replacing my stationary bike with one of these for a while, I know there is no comparison but I have yet to have anyone really sell me on one of these. Got any insights???
My best friend a retired marine with 25 years service taught me a workout on those bikes that will be the closest to Jesus you will ever get.
Gets my HR up to the mid 170’s.

4 minute total workout. HIIT.

You need a timer. Tabata is what I use.

20 seconds all out pedaling. 10 second rest. Repeat 8 times.

On the timer on the bike it tracks your distance. We do 0.16 miles on those 20 seconds all 8 times.

Once we both did 0.17 miles all 8.
Shit literally changed my life.

Depending on your cardio level I’d start out slow or you’ll kill yourself.
I’d show you in person if you were local to me but depending on your attitude I might charge a nominal fee. ;)

There is no comparison to these bikes and regular ones.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
My best friend a retired marine with 25 years service taught me a workout on those bikes that will be the closest to Jesus you will ever get.
Gets my HR up to the mid 170’s.

4 minute total workout. HIIT.

You need a timer. Tabata is what I use.

20 seconds all out pedaling. 10 second rest. Repeat 8 times.

On the timer on the bike it tracks your distance. We do 0.16 miles on those 20 seconds all 8 times.

Once we both did 0.17 miles all 8.
Shit literally changed my life.

Depending on your cardio level I’d start out slow or you’ll kill yourself.
I’d show you in person if you were local to me but depending on your attitude I might charge a nominal fee. ;)

There is no comparison to these bikes and regular ones.
Thanks for the input, my cardio has definitely dropped off after a couple foot surgeries and retiring from the Navy. Only time I ever do Tabatas any more is when Im jumping a weighted rope but looking at my current cardio regimen I need to do alot more.

For cardio I went from running 20-40 miles and 4 hours of calisthenics/crossfit weekly with an hour or two of swimming added in the summers to lazy riding a stationary bike for a 15 minute pre-lift warmup 4 days a week and a 45-60 minute ride on the other 3 cardio days each week. My joints wont let me do that kinda running mileage any more so I need to get serious with a cardio alternative hence my question about the air bike.

Thinking about it I think Im just being too lazy with my current cardio, a lazy run for an hour isnt the same as lazy biking for an hour. Thanks again, will refocus and change my habits before being lazy on an air bike.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Go try one out, most gyms will have some sort of air bike.. The air assault bike and rogue echo are ass kickers. Way different than your traditional stationary bike. I can get my heart rate up to 180-190bpm towards the end of a workout.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
True story.

I did this.

And got a 30 day suspension from the gym so now I have two memberships.

The one next to my house that I’ve always used and another one up in north Naples on Vanderbilt beach road where the rich live.

No good deed goes punished.

I like the new gym much better but I’ll still use the old close by gym when I’m in a rush because I lift 7 days a week cause I’m silly like that.

It’s all good in the hood.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
A little late to this, but I was having dinner with friends one night and it turns out both of the guys had low T and were either on treatment or thinking about it. I decided to get my bloodwork done and mine was low. I'm 46 and was at 250. I got the pellets from my brother in law because while I don't have an issue getting shots I'm not into giving them to myself. I think I got 13 pellets the first visit which got it to 713. I got a booster dose a couple weeks ago.

I didn't have any sex drive issues before the treatments, but it seems to have gone up a bit since.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
A little late to this, but I was having dinner with friends one night and it turns out both of the guys had low T and were either on treatment or thinking about it. I decided to get my bloodwork done and mine was low. I'm 46 and was at 250. I got the pellets from my brother in law because while I don't have an issue getting shots I'm not into giving them to myself. I think I got 13 pellets the first visit which got it to 713. I got a booster dose a couple weeks ago.

I didn't have any sex drive issues before the treatments, but it seems to have gone up a bit since.

Pellets aren’t really an ideal therapy, going to be on a roller coaster with those, inconsistency in the rate of absorption by your body. Initially you will probably feel pretty good, but that is going to taper off. Are you doing the every 3 months?

If you don’t want to do injections, look into the compounded cream, you would need to do it 2x daily, applied to the scrotum for best absorption. Don’t confuse the cream with the andro gel crap, the latter is worthless. A lot of guys have pretty good results on using the cream only. You just have to remember to do it twice daily, work it into your daily routine. The cream is compounded in different concentrations . 5% = 50 mg per ML, 10% = 100mg per ML, 20% = 200 mg per ML. Usually it comes in Topi-Click dispenser that clicks, 2 clicks= .5 ML. You typically would do 2 clicks AM, 2 clicks PM. I would ask your doc about it as an option. I think this route would work best for you as an option if you don’t want to inject.

RE: sex drive, your body is getting used to hormonal changes, give it some time to adjust to the new norm. Increased libido is normal. I would normally say 6-8 wks to really start seeing the positive benefits of TRT. Are you taking anything else a long with the testosterone? Some docs like to prescribe other meds/ancillaries. Typically say no to that as you want to get your testosterone dosage dialed in first without ancillaries.

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member

I don’t particularly like needles either, but stab myself twice a week.

Nothing worth doing is easy.

I’d aim to at least get yourself up @1000.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread