TRT discussion

MG0h3

Established Member
I switched from 3x a week to 2x a week.

No reason other than convenience.

Everything I’ve read says T peaks 3-4 days after injection.

I’ll try and do my blood work at the lowest point like always.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

coremaster21

Established Member
I am 28 and think about going on test everyday lol. Been in the gym for about 8 years now and gains have been plateaued for a while. Never bothered with anything serious but I do take protein, preworkout, creatine, joint health supplements and recently ashwagandha. One thing I have been struggling a lot with is pumps. It's a shame too because pumps are what I liked the most about working out. I have tried switching my diet, drinking more water, supersets, you name it but the pumps and mind to muscle connection have really died down for me in the last few years. I have been super curious about where my test levels are but when I asked my PCM through the military they looked at me like I was crazy.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I am 28 and think about going on test everyday lol. Been in the gym for about 8 years now and gains have been plateaued for a while. Never bothered with anything serious but I do take protein, preworkout, creatine, joint health supplements and recently ashwagandha. One thing I have been struggling a lot with is pumps. It's a shame too because pumps are what I liked the most about working out. I have tried switching my diet, drinking more water, supersets, you name it but the pumps and mind to muscle connection have really died down for me in the last few years. I have been super curious about where my test levels are but when I asked my PCM through the military they looked at me like I was crazy.
For better pumps, lower the weight some and take the hypertophy volume approach. You will be much more focused on the movement and get that mind/muscle connection. Focus on the eccentric part of the movement and pause there for a moment during the rep. I find myself doing more volume these days, though I still do heavy days for the big compound movements..I hit chest at least 2x a week, one day will be volume 15-20 reps a set and the other heavy lower rep count 5-6 reps a set.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Getting labs done won’t hurt. You sound very similar to me. At late 20s I was in the 400-500 range on my labs. By 32-33 I was low 300s.

Good luck! Like anything else only you care and only you can make the choice. No one else gives a sh*t about you even when they say they do.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
@coremaster21 good luck with TRT while you are still active service, most PCMs are full of shit and the standard of care sucks, their hippocratic oath is to readiness and not your care. Probably going to say you can’t get injections if you are deployed to a remote location etc. You can try and get a second opinion or do this on the DL with a telmed/clinic off post on your own dime. Next time you see a doc ask about getting blood work done and at least see if they will prescribe the test cream, be adamant about it.

I think the best shot you have is going off post for treatment. Even if you get the PCM to run the bloodwork, chances are the military isn’t going to think your numbers are low enough to justify treatment anyways.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
@coremaster21 good luck with TRT while you are still active service, most PCMs are full of shit and the standard of care sucks, their hippocratic oath is to readiness and not your care. Probably going to say you can’t get injections if you are deployed to a remote location etc. You can try and get a second opinion or do this on the DL with a telmed/clinic off post on your own dime. Next time you see a doc ask about getting blood work done and at least see if they will prescribe the test cream, be adamant about it.

I think the best shot you have is going off post for treatment. Even if you get the PCM to run the bloodwork, chances are the military isn’t going to think your numbers are low enough to justify treatment anyways.
Plus…it may not be a testosterone issue anyway. Got to get labs done and be accepting of the results. If your numbers are well within normal, accept them and keep adjusting your lifestyle. Again, YMMV. Either way, take it into your own hands. The government probably cares the least about you.

Myusername

Established Member
Also you can try sarms. Some of them elevate your test levels and others do well to help out in the gym. Just be careful tho, one of the ones I was taking made my levels stupid high my doc thought I was on a cycle. Research before you take anything.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Also you can try sarms. Some of them elevate your test levels and others do well to help out in the gym. Just be careful tho, one of the ones I was taking made my levels stupid high my doc thought I was on a cycle. Research before you take anything.

They can be liver toxic too, that’s the problem with these research chemicals, especially the orally taken SARMS..If its taken orally, it is metabolized in the liver, just like oral steroids. I also want to mention sarms can shutdown down your natural production of testosterone. Your body sees it as an androgen just like exogenous testosterone and your pituitary will think you have enough test on board and quit signaling your testicals to produce more testosterone.. so boom you are shutdown. Except these SARMs can’t actually replace testosterones function in the body.

Dave.O

Established Member

Not sure if its been mentioned in this thread already, try powdered arginine and citrulline

Definitely helps with my pumps
and as others have mentioned, high volume supersets

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Myusername

Established Member
They can be liver toxic too, that’s the problem with these research chemicals, especially the orally taken SARMS..If its taken orally, it is metabolized in the liver, just like oral steroids. I also want to mention sarms can shutdown down your natural production of testosterone. Your body sees it as an androgen just like exogenous testosterone and your pituitary will think you have enough test on board and quit signaling your testicals to produce more testosterone.. so boom you are shutdown. Except these SARMs can’t actually replace testosterones function in the body.

Yea i read about that, but since my body stopped signaling to make testosterone a few years ago, hence why I’m on trt I didn’t think of that side affect as bad for me. Haha. Good info!!!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Not sure if its been mentioned in this thread already, try powdered arginine and citrulline

Definitely helps with my pumps
and as others have mentioned, high volume supersets

Those are great supps to boost nitric oxide and your pumps!!! Take about 6 grams of each daily for an efficacious dose.. and in the downstairs dept that shit will have you hard as ****ing rock too :ROFLMAO:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yea i read about that, but since my body stopped signaling to make testosterone a few years ago, hence why I’m on trt I didn’t think of that side affect as bad for me. Haha. Good info!!!

Very true, we usually fall in two categories… either we get the requisite amount of the signaling hormone FSH/LH and our balls simply can’t make enough or we don’t get enough LH/FSH signaling from the pituitary so our balls stay lazy.. You can also make too much SHBG as well which will tie up the testosterone you do make and it can’t reach the receptor to be used. My problem was lack of signaling from pituitary, balls actually work quite well when stimulated with hcg/clomid..

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Those are great supps to boost nitric oxide and your pumps!!! Take about 6 grams of each daily for an efficacious dose.. and in the downstairs dept that shit will have you hard as ****ing rock too :ROFLMAO:

100% I take a scoop a day of nitric.

then again right now daily ummm..

Morning: brain function drink/ caffeine, tyrosine, taurine, arginine, astragin

During the day: hydration drink with Himalayan pink salt,

Shot: 1500mg carnitine

Preworkout burn ( 3g more carnitine and beta alanine , etc ) mixed with nitric ( scoop of each )

During gym BCAA mixed with creatine (7.5mg)

With dinner: greens drink for more vitamins ( on top of the daily multi)

Then… the random shit. Glutamine, theanine , omega 3s blah blah

Dave.O

Established Member
Very true, we usually fall in two categories… either we get the requisite amount of the signaling hormone FSH/LH and our balls simply can’t make enough or we don’t get enough LH/FSH signaling from the pituitary so our balls stay lazy.. You can also make too much SHBG as well which will tie up the testosterone you do make and it can’t reach the receptor to be used. My problem was lack of signaling from pituitary, balls actually work quite well when stimulated with hcg/clomid..

For what its worth, not sure if actually works but there is a buzz for using DIM as a regulator of SHBG

I have been taking it for awhile, haven’t really noticed a difference but not sure i would given that I’m taking 200 /week of vitamin t anyway

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
For what its worth, not sure if actually works but there is a buzz for using DIM as a regulator of SHBG

I have been taking it for awhile, haven’t really noticed a difference but not sure i would given that I’m taking 200 /week of vitamin t anyway

Yup you won’t notice a big swing of the needle once on TRT.. exogenous test will lower SHBG substantially just by itself.. my SHBG now is almost bottomed out :ROFLMAO:

DIM is still a great supplement to take regardless.

IMG_7104.jpeg

coremaster21

Established Member
Thanks everyone for the advice and insight. I am currently deployed so I have a lot of time to focus on working out, it’s mostly how I have been spending my off time. When I get back to the states I definitely plan on getting my levels checked out even if I have to go outside of the military. Now that I am more consistent in the gym and with meals, I have been hitting PRs almost every other week so don’t think I am at the point of using anything yet.

I am also very skeptical about using anything that would jeopardize my health that’s why I haven’t trying SARMs or anything of that nature. I know test can be safe if you know what you are doing or under the care of someone in the field, definitely see it as an option in the future and almost looking forward to it.

I will have to try the arginine and citrulline to see if that helps with the pump, it just sucks I have to supplement when I used to get pumps fairly easy.

coremaster21

Established Member
100% I take a scoop a day of nitric.

then again right now daily ummm..

Morning: brain function drink/ caffeine, tyrosine, taurine, arginine, astragin

During the day: hydration drink with Himalayan pink salt,

Shot: 1500mg carnitine

Preworkout burn ( 3g more carnitine and beta alanine , etc ) mixed with nitric ( scoop of each )

During gym BCAA mixed with creatine (7.5mg)

With dinner: greens drink for more vitamins ( on top of the daily multi)

Then… the random shit. Glutamine, theanine , omega 3s blah blah
How are the pumps?

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I'm also looking into TRT and back in the gym after long time not. No way would I take SARMS from the stuff I've read. Most of what is mentioned above. I don't think the risk reward is worth it.

MG0h3

Established Member
Thanks everyone for the advice and insight. I am currently deployed so I have a lot of time to focus on working out, it’s mostly how I have been spending my off time. When I get back to the states I definitely plan on getting my levels checked out even if I have to go outside of the military. Now that I am more consistent in the gym and with meals, I have been hitting PRs almost every other week so don’t think I am at the point of using anything yet.

I am also very skeptical about using anything that would jeopardize my health that’s why I haven’t trying SARMs or anything of that nature. I know test can be safe if you know what you are doing or under the care of someone in the field, definitely see it as an option in the future and almost looking forward to it.

I will have to try the arginine and citrulline to see if that helps with the pump, it just sucks I have to supplement when I used to get pumps fairly easy.

Careful not to be over training as that can have the opposite effect.

Fatigue
Lose strength/pump
Can’t sleep
Loss of appetite

I noticed my inability to get a good pump before I got on the T. First time I took it was in the evening and I woke up with a pump!

Users who are viewing this thread