TRT discussion

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
No man wants to be like “ so I don’t want to **** as much anymore “

Or “ I feel like less of a man”

I used alcohol to cover up my issues. If I was drunk I didn’t have to think about it.
Well there was that. But I had attributed that to being married for 10 years. Week ago my wife was talking and I said hush...I can't hear a word coming out of your mouth...did the hand opening and closing and went wa wa wa because the only thing I can think about is f*87ing you right now. So yeah that might have been a side effect.

zstanny

I'll chime in. I'm 34, have been on TRT for coming up on 10 years...One day out of the blue, I just realized I felt like shi*. Would come home from work, and hit the couch. Barely felt like working out or doing anything really. Now I was dieting, and had been for about 8 months. I was still eating about 2000 calories and was around 200lbs.

Got labs done. T was under 200. Got a CT scan, no pituitary tumor. Official diagnosis was that they didn't know why (there's actually a term for it).

Tried the gel. It worked for a few months, then just quit. T bottomed back out. Started doing weekly IMs, self administered. The whole process was admittedly, terrifying and surreal as a mid 20s guy, 11 hours away from friends and family.

Fast forward to now. I'm on 100mg a week. Get labs done twice a year. I give blood every quarter. Got a EKG and an Echo done earlier this year - just out of paranoia and curiosity after realizing I'd been on TRT for almost 10 years. Everything was great.

It took me about a year of dialing in the Test dose. Everyone reacts differently to dosages, so be patient and get plenty of labs up front. At 100mg/wk, my test peaks around 900, troughs around 600, and my E2 (estradiol) is mid 30s. I found that for me, if I was north of 100mg/wk, my E2 would get high enough to need an AI (aromatase inhibitor). It was very low dose - but I eventually decided I didn't want that risk, and found a test level where I don't need it.

I HAD to go on TRT. My levels were so low that I would run into major health issues - not to mention quality of life. My ONLY regret, was that I didn't give it a little more time. I was young, I panicked, and maybe my T would have rebounded if I bumped my calories back up from a cut. I did try that in the 3-4 weeks of testing and doctors visits before starting test - but I sometimes wonder if I gave it more time, would it have rebounded.

If anyone out there has questions, even if you feel they are dumb, I am always open to field DMs.

Obligatory disclaimer: I'm just a guy sharing an experience. Not a doctor/medical professional and my comments should be taken anecdotally.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I'll chime in. I'm 34, have been on TRT for coming up on 10 years...One day out of the blue, I just realized I felt like shi*. Would come home from work, and hit the couch. Barely felt like working out or doing anything really. Now I was dieting, and had been for about 8 months. I was still eating about 2000 calories and was around 200lbs.

Got labs done. T was under 200. Got a CT scan, no pituitary tumor. Official diagnosis was that they didn't know why (there's actually a term for it).

Tried the gel. It worked for a few months, then just quit. T bottomed back out. Started doing weekly IMs, self administered. The whole process was admittedly, terrifying and surreal as a mid 20s guy, 11 hours away from friends and family.

Fast forward to now. I'm on 100mg a week. Get labs done twice a year. I give blood every quarter. Got a EKG and an Echo done earlier this year - just out of paranoia and curiosity after realizing I'd been on TRT for almost 10 years. Everything was great.

It took me about a year of dialing in the Test dose. Everyone reacts differently to dosages, so be patient and get plenty of labs up front. At 100mg/wk, my test peaks around 900, troughs around 600, and my E2 (estradiol) is mid 30s. I found that for me, if I was north of 100mg/wk, my E2 would get high enough to need an AI (aromatase inhibitor). It was very low dose - but I eventually decided I didn't want that risk, and found a test level where I don't need it.

I HAD to go on TRT. My levels were so low that I would run into major health issues - not to mention quality of life. My ONLY regret, was that I didn't give it a little more time. I was young, I panicked, and maybe my T would have rebounded if I bumped my calories back up from a cut. I did try that in the 3-4 weeks of testing and doctors visits before starting test - but I sometimes wonder if I gave it more time, would it have rebounded.

If anyone out there has questions, even if you feel they are dumb, I am always open to field DMs.

Obligatory disclaimer: I'm just a guy sharing an experience. Not a doctor/medical professional and my comments should be taken anecdotally.
Thank you for sharing brother!

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Well there was that. But I had attributed that to being married for 10 years. Week ago my wife was talking and I said hush...I can't hear a word coming out of your mouth...did the hand opening and closing and went wa wa wa because the only thing I can think about is f*87ing you right now. So yeah that might have been a side effect.

I look back and saw how aggressive I was when I was “ low T “ .. because everything annoyed me. Lost out on some great women due to that .

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
^^^just to add to the above regarding mood etc.. I know some guys have to use them, but this is why I am very against the use of AI’s like anastrozole and letrazole etc.. You shouldn’t try to suppress/crush E2, even men need it. That’s where you gotta find the TRT dosage that works for you, symptom relief, feeling good and no side effects. Even if your E2 is a little high, unless your getting estrogenic sides like sensitive nips, water retention, or gyno. I wouldn’t worry too much.

Worth mentioning that E2 is hard to measure accurately, as its in the tissues and what you see in blood serum is only what has leaked into the blood.. You also need to be using the sensitive assay panel for E2, not the regular assay panel.. the latter can have cross-reactivity with other hormones and won’t give you an accurate result.

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
I thought LT made you less aggressive. interesting.

Nope. Low T was a high cause of my depression. Well with depression I was also very easily set off cause I was always sad/mad.

Couple that with alcohol. Wham bam.

I’ll flat out say testosterone and rage is fiction.

Like snake said.. couple high T and OTHER shit. Bam roid rage.

I’d venture to say 1 out of 100 men on legit TRT doing it the right way watching all levels have what they call “ roid rage “ if your levels are where they are supposed to be… I’d say you’d be less likely to have outbursts

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Nope. Low T was a high cause of my depression. Well with depression I was also very easily set off cause I was always sad/mad.

Couple that with alcohol. Wham bam.

I’ll flat out say testosterone and rage is fiction.

Like snake said.. couple high T and OTHER shit. Bam roid rage.

I’d venture to say 1 out of 100 men on legit TRT doing it the right way watching all levels have what they call “ roid rage “ if your levels are where they are supposed to be… I’d say you’d be less likely to have outbursts
FWIW I am not advocating the use of other compounds, but I have done it in the past.

TRT if done properly under the supervision of a good doctor is safe. Now if a guy is world class asshole prior to TRT, he will most likely still be one on it. The average guy is going to generally feel good on it and is not going to turn into Mr Hyde.

The reason other compounds, especially tren can cause roid rage is they can also compete with estradiol at the receptor, therefore blocking it and tren does not convert to estradiol.. so if your testosterone base isn’t high enough and or you are using AI’s, you are depriving your body of estrogen ( aromatization of test) and there will neurological deficit's … this of course varys from man to man and by dosage and frequency.

andymarkv

Established Member
Thanks for this frank discussion. I've been horny AF my entire life and blessed with a wife that is compatible. When I turned 46, like a switch, the drive slowed. I just accepted it as aging. Now at 49...I catch myself thinking "what was the big deal again...?" That ain't right!

I do enjoy being able to talk to a hot chick without worry she will catch me undressing her with my eyes, but I also feel hollow without that drive.

At the very least, I think it makes sense to get levels tested to see if there's an issue and if it needs addressed.

Low T may also explain my sudden interest in late model Ford Mavericks...

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Thanks for this frank discussion. I've been horny AF my entire life and blessed with a wife that is compatible. When I turned 46, like a switch, the drive slowed. I just accepted it as aging. Now at 49...I catch myself thinking "what was the big deal again...?" That ain't right!

I do enjoy being able to talk to a hot chick without worry she will catch me undressing her with my eyes, but I also feel hollow without that drive.

At the very least, I think it makes sense to get levels tested to see if there's an issue and if it needs addressed.

Low T may also explain my sudden interest in late model Ford Mavericks...

No harm in talking to your doc, whether it be PCP/GP or a urologist etc and asking for the labs to be run. You could also go to a telmed. Even though I am using the latter, I still have my pcp/gp ordering my labs etc..

LMFAO @late model ford mavericks

News Interview GIF by For(bes) The Culture

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
**** I wish I made it to 49 with drive lol.

Though I “ assume “ my rampant drug use had someting to do with it

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member

^^^^This was me, except much older. I was at 190.

A shot a week, my lower gets down to around 400, which is the high side of normal for me.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Guess this is the place to ask this question, whats up with this "testofen" stuff??? I originally only ever heard it mentioned with the Nugenix commercials but was shopping for some more vitamins and supplements and it was in a mens multivitamin. Is this anything like the Androstene and Stenandiol you could get at GNC in the late 90's or something else???

Pretty sure those were the names of them, they were a pill or sublingual supplement (cant recall now) that later became illegal and got added to the contraband supplement list. My next appt with my PCP I am going to look into getting tested, levels were good 6 years ago or so. Not so sure about now.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Guess this is the place to ask this question, whats up with this "testofen" stuff??? I originally only ever heard it mentioned with the Nugenix commercials but was shopping for some more vitamins and supplements and it was in a mens multivitamin. Is this anything like the Androstene and Stenandiol you could get at GNC in the late 90's or something else???

Pretty sure those were the names of them, they were a pill or sublingual supplement (cant recall now) that later became illegal and got added to the contraband supplement list. My next appt with my PCP I am going to look into getting tested, levels were good 6 years ago or so. Not so sure about now.
These so called test boosters are bullshit. They might give you a little boost/bump, but nothing that’s going to really move the needle for you. Testofen is made from fenugreek extract.

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Everybody should just get on mk677 and be haaaaaangry as ****

I kid. I kid.

Users who are viewing this thread