Triple Yellow S550 on the Lot!

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member

[youtube_browser]lMxJbOXs9Q0[/youtube_browser]

Yellow 3X is going to cost a bit more too.

Pricing here with the Recaro prices too.

file_zpsca34c3a3.jpg

Last edited:

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I thought I was going to open a thread about a slammed hella flush MB S550 that was being made fun of or something at first.
What makes it triple yellow?

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Looks really good in yellow. The front end is finally starting to grow on me. Can't wait for the 16 SVT too

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I'm wondering what makes it triple yellow too? I noticed the lack of contrast on the lower rear valance but that is only double yellow.

GT915

Established Member
Actually I like the front end as well as the back. Certain side views though kinda put me off for some reason. I'm hopeful that when I start seeing them modified, that I'll really get excited about it. Maybe what it really needs is a set of wheels and tires that I actually like.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That all yellow rear just doesn't look good at all. Just a bit of contrast in the lower body trim like in this photo makes it look a lot better IMO. That, and some nice black wheels.

TripleYellowS550.jpg

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
That all yellow rear just doesn't look good at all. Just a bit of contrast in the lower body trim like in this photo makes it look a lot better IMO. That, and some nice black wheels.

TripleYellowS550.jpg

i like all that yellow lol and i would get a PP with the black wheels and then buy the 50th anniversary package silver wheels and have a sleeper :D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know some love the all yellow rear, but not breaking it up makes from the bumper down look huge. JMO, of course.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
I thought I was going to open a thread about a slammed hella flush MB S550 that was being made fun of or something at first.
What makes it triple yellow?

I'm wondering what makes it triple yellow too? I noticed the lack of contrast on the lower rear valance but that is only double yellow.

It's the color code, like GHIG...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm guessing they call it Triple Yellow because of the depth of color.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Maybe its called triple yellow because it is Chrome yellow, Zinc Yellow and Screaming yellow all mixed together:thumbsup:

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
So they took a phrase that means something to every other mustang model, then call it a color.:nonono: Triple (usually triple black) should mean body color/top(vert)/interior.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Can't wait to see a few around in person... I want to like it, but I just can't. It has some odd proportions at some angles and that long nose with those head lights. I hope it grows on me as I like what I hear about the GT350.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

TripleYellowS550.jpg

agreed. way too much yellow on that car. maybe we're just getting old bob :beer:

freakshow12

Established Member
I believe it's the process. Kind of like white chocolate or lava or candy red. It's yellow base coat, metallic yellow mid coat and pearl top coat. So a tri coat yellow. Which means it will be a pain to match...

Users who are viewing this thread