Trinity article about motors blowing up

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
The 5.8 is the last of its kind, everything from this point on will be coyote based. The 13/14 TR6060 is extremely strong, a well built 5.8 can make 1300whp and still be streetable, the 5.2 can probably make similar power but will never make the TQ of the 5.8.

The people that talk the most shit about the 5.8 is 11/12 owners lol.

Maybe jealous? I remember when the 5.4 came out i saw it at the javits center in NYC and wanted it. Glad I waited this long to see the 13/14 terminators come out

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
Define abuse

Source? Or are you just guessing?

OP... as mentioned earlier, your motor will live quite a long life at 800whp IF:

—you do not rev over 6500 rpm. Your rods suck balls and will crumble like coffee cake with excessive 7000 rpm blasts at ANY power level. Keep the rpm down.
—you run quality fuel ALWAYS and run a quality/known tuner.
—you don’t “shock” or overload the rods at low rpm. Never never never go WOT in 6th gear at low speed.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Can you emagin the load of wot in 6th! I wont even do it in 5th lol. Seems like 6500 is the shift point and ty for the reassurance on our motors! :)

RockChalk

Established Member
I feel that our cars will be worth more with time too. 2 years of the 5.8 and a stick.
I don't think there is any doubt. Although there are those who try really hard to convince 13/14 owners that their cars won't appreciate much, or soon, due to so many of them being built. Well, I can only speak for the 2013, as I have the production numbers. For the '13 model year, there were 4,885 GT500 created. My particular Ingot silver coupe had 165 made. Now, another GT500 forum member crows about the exclusivity of the 2020, but as of now, 5,909 will be built. So my question: how can one not see the potential rarity of the 2013/14 when being compared to a 2020?

Last edited:

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
I don't think there is any doubt. Although there are those who try really hard to convince 13/14 owners that their cars won't appreciate much, or soon, due to so many of them being built. Well, I can only speak for the 2013, as I have the production numbers. For the '13 model year, there were 4,885 GT500 created. My particular Ingot silver coupe had 165 made. Now, another GT500 forum member crows about the exclusivity of the 2020, but as of now, 5,909 will be built. So my question: how can one not see the potential rarity of the 2013/14?
True that. I have a black 2014 with all the options except the glass roof.

efurlong

Established Member
For the very first time...I have absolutely no interest in the "newest, latest, and greatest". I just do not like the 2020 at all. Maybe it's the lack of a manual, no vert, the looks...I love the 5.8 with a stick. I've owned my 13 since 14 (that's a long time for me). I have no desire whatsoever to replace it.

RockChalk

Established Member
For the very first time...I have absolutely no interest in the "newest, latest, and greatest". I just do not like the 2020 at all. Maybe it's the lack of a manual, no vert, the looks...I love the 5.8 with a stick. I've owned my 13 since 14 (that's a long time for me). I have no desire whatsoever to replace it.
Same here. Listen, I really like the new GT500, but not enough to separate myself from my 2013. It LOOKS like a Mustang, not a jelly bean Japanese or Euro sports car. Personal taste, as it were.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Maybe jealous? I remember when the 5.4 came out i saw it at the javits center in NYC and wanted it. Glad I waited this long to see the 13/14 terminators come out
01-17-2014-PICS-009.jpg

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
I agree. Yes it seems you can make them super fast but where is the line to draw? For me its 700 at the wheels in a 13

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Define abuse

Source? Or are you just guessing?

OP... as mentioned earlier, your motor will live quite a long life at 800whp IF:

—you do not rev over 6500 rpm. Your rods suck balls and will crumble like coffee cake with excessive 7000 rpm blasts at ANY power level. Keep the rpm down.
—you run quality fuel ALWAYS and run a quality/known tuner.
—you don’t “shock” or overload the rods at low rpm. Never never never go WOT in 6th gear at low speed.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

This is good advice... I’ll add that I really think 7000RPM is fine for shift points. With that said, I do NOT power shift my car. Ever.

Also, I really think the load under long highway pulls... for example Roll Racing on the highway, or long pulls in 4th gear where the torque is maxed and putting everything the engine has on it’s components is where we are seeing a lot of failures.

With that said I’m sure you’re on borrowed time at/above 800HP on stock components with any over revs.

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
This is good advice... I’ll add that I really think 7000RPM is fine for shift points. With that said, I do NOT power shift my car. Ever.

Also, I really think the load under long highway pulls... for example Roll Racing on the highway, or long pulls in 4th gear where the torque is maxed and putting everything the engine has on it’s components is where we are seeing a lot of failures.

With that said I’m sure you’re on borrowed time at/above 800HP on stock components with any over revs.
I feel that at the end of 3rd gear imo should be more then enough if anything just a little into 4th. Load=bad things

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Only had the car for 3 weeks but based on reading here and around the web these are very stout motors. Just like any other motors, bad tunes, bad power combos or shitty maintenance will kill it along with contestant overrevs. Even then, they seem to take obuse.

My gut tells me these car are going up in value. Tons of milestones and last of the “lasts”. Even then, i bought the car for me and still would of if i was told its value will drop like a rock.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

RockChalk

Established Member
Only had the car for 3 weeks but based on reading here and around the web these are very stout motors. Just like any other motors, bad tunes, bad power combos or shitty maintenance will kill it along with contestant overrevs. Even then, they seem to take obuse.

My gut tells me these car are going up in value. Tons of milestones and last of the “lasts”. Even then, i bought the car for me and still would of if i was told its value will drop like a rock.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Exactly! And I don't have to create a video to attempt to convince people that I am right.

Users who are viewing this thread