Trilogy Equipped Marauders

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Defyant said:
I got the tracking numbers, it should be here tomarrow. I have seen the manuel at Amazon. It is very impressive. Simply the time it took to put that together speeks to the time it took to develope the Trilogy kit.

No doubt that this new kit for the Marauder is good. However it would be interesting to know as to why the Trilogy MotorSports Marauder "Blewup" at The Bradenton Spring Nationals this past Saturday afternoon , on the big end with an ET of 12.20. Inquiring minds would like to know, as a big puff of smoke came out of the backend, as it was going through the traps. The car was towed back to the pits. :dw:

-FiveO-

Cleaner of burned rubber.
Established Member
Good to see Claude, AKA: Carfixer, getting a Trilogy.

He shouldn't have any problems installing it himself!!!

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
The stock Trilogy kits come with a 9.5 PSI already intalled on the S/Cer, and that's the level of boost my Marauder runs as well as what the Trilogy #1 car originally ran, up until recently when the boost level was brought up to 13.5 PSI. And at that level with a 10:1 compression ratio that the Marauder have, it simply pushing the envelope quite a bit. much more than the standard 9.5 PSI boost level does. So running well over 13 PSI I'm sure was a major contributing factor in the destruction of that motor. Jerry barnes of Trilogy stated that he wanted to find out how far they could take the engine on the stock bottom end.

CanadaSVT

Torque Inspector
Established Member
FAMILYGUY said:
Off topic a little...... Should I do the Kooks headers and complete exhaust system kit first or the trilogy blower system..

I've heard nightmares about installing the Kooks headers. Any info?

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
CanadaSVT said:
I've heard nightmares about installing the Kooks headers. Any info?
"Nightmares" you say? No way. I installed the Kooks headers and complete bolt-on exhaust system myself along with a little bit of help with the mufflers and X-pipe. And it wasn't all that bad. getting the headers in went pretty well. the hardest thing was getting the dipstick tube back in. I had to wrestle with it for about 20 minutes. I ended up using wheel bearing grease to slide it back in between the motor mount and the header flange.

The other part that was pretty tough had to do with an option that I chose. Which was the installation of the STAGE 8 locking header bolts. It took me eight hours just to get those locking clips on all 16 of the header bolts!!! That was because of the tight squeeze to get them in. But the header bolts will never back off and loosen causing gasket leaks. So to me it was worth it.

If you decide to get them, and install them yourself, then send me a PM on the Marauder board, and I can give you some tips. www.mercurymarauder.net

Last edited:

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Defyant said:
I got the tracking numbers, it should be here tomarrow. I have seen the manuel at Amazon. It is very impressive. Simply the time it took to put that together speeks to the time it took to develope the Trilogy kit.

I forgot to do the update over here. The kit is in and is at Amazon. The install should be on Wednesday. :D

-FiveO-

Established Member
Congrats Defyant....you won't be disappointed!

You'll be grinning from ear to ear!

carfixer

Established Member
-FiveO- said:
Good to see Claude, AKA: Carfixer, getting a Trilogy.

He shouldn't have any problems installing it himself!!!

Yes, I did indeed order myself a Trilogy S/C. My kit # will be in the low 70's, not sure which one yet. I've installed 4 customer kits so far and that makes it tough getting into my own Marauder without one.

As Billy said, the manual is second to none with color pictures all along the way. On each install, I tend to find a couple of refinements that give the install an even more factory look.

People tend to say something like "I heard these came supercharged". You then have to convince them it didn't come that way from the factory. That's how good it looks!

When you talk about driveability, which is very important since most customer's cars are daily drivers, there is no compromise. I took a customer's car on a 20 mile test drive tonight and never put the car in boost. If I told my wife to take it to the store and drive easy without her knowing it was supercharged, she would never have known it had one. Once it is in boost, you get the Eaton S/C whine, but only when in boost. It is silent when not in boost. If you keep your foot out of it, I'm told the fuel mileage is pretty much unaffected, but that is not why you put an S/C on a car.

-FiveO-

Established Member
carfixer said:
Yes, I did indeed order myself a Trilogy S/C. My kit # will be in the low 70's, not sure which one yet. I've installed 4 customer kits so far and that makes it tough getting into my own Marauder without one.

As Billy said, the manual is second to none with color pictures all along the way. On each install, I tend to find a couple of refinements that give the install an even more factory look.

People tend to say something like "I heard these came supercharged". You then have to convince them it didn't come that way from the factory. That's how good it looks!

When you talk about driveability, which is very important since most customer's cars are daily drivers, there is no compromise. I took a customer's car on a 20 mile test drive tonight and never put the car in boost. If I told my wife to take it to the store and drive easy without her knowing it was supercharged, she would never have known it had one. Once it is in boost, you get the Eaton S/C whine, but only when in boost. It is silent when not in boost. If you keep your foot out of it, I'm told the fuel mileage is pretty much unaffected, but that is not why you put an S/C on a car.

I got 20mpg on my way to Alt. Auto (700 miles) before the install...and 21mpg on the way back...with my Trilogy installed.

You got that right....keep your foot out of the pedal...and its a tame, perfectly driveable every day car.

Get into it...and its an entirely different story.

Good luck with her when the kit arrives!!!

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
When a guy who owns a well-respected shop that does Mustangs and Marauders installs a Trilogy on his personal Marauder, you take notice. :thumbsup:

When the guy who started the most comprehensive Marauder website on the planet bolts a Trilogy on his personal car, you start to think about why. :idea:

When a guy who's installed a half a dozen superchargers on Marauders [of both the roots and centrifugal type] buys a Trilogy for his personal car, you start to see a pattern. :rockon:

Never do business with a guy who doesn't "put his money where his mouth is." :nono:

-FiveO-

Established Member
True tallboy....very true.

I cannot wait til April. Track season starts.

451rwhp, 2.8" pulley, racing gas tune....

Mickey Thompson ET Drags: 15x9x28...

Custom made Bogart Racing Rims....

Should be very interesting what this Trilogy does.

Procharger...shmocharger ;) :D

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
-FiveO- said:
True tallboy....very true.

I cannot wait til April. Track season starts.

451rwhp, 2.8" pulley, racing gas tune....

Mickey Thompson ET Drags: 15x9x28...

Custom made Bogart Racing Rims....

Should be very interesting what this Trilogy does.

Procharger...shmocharger ;) :D

Give 'em hell, man! looking forward to August! :beer:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
tallboy said:
When a guy who owns a well-respected shop that does Mustangs and Marauders installs a Trilogy on his personal Marauder, you take notice. :thumbsup:

When the guy who started the most comprehensive Marauder website on the planet bolts a Trilogy on his personal car, you start to think about why. :idea:

When a guy who's installed a half a dozen superchargers on Marauders [of both the roots and centrifugal type] buys a Trilogy for his personal car, you start to see a pattern. :rockon:

Never do business with a guy who doesn't "put his money where his mouth is." :nono:
Those are some of the best, and most accurate points I've ever heard on the subject of supercharger choices for Marauders. Excellent post Chuck!!!!!

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
I just got home, we are making good progress. We'll be back at it in the morning.

I'll say this though.... holy crap there are alot parts and little pieces. But everything is tagged with a part number. Reminds me of when I was a kid building models.

-FiveO-

Established Member
Definitely keep us updated.

There are alot of parts...but the manual is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread