Trilogy Equipped Marauders

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
I was talking to a Trilogy Motorsports employee the other day, and I found out that several people bought superchargers for thier Marauders recently. I also know that friends of mine on other boards have recently installed Trilogy kits on thier cars, but have kept it quiet. I think I know why-Supercharging is a hot topic, and flame wars almost always ensue. So, if any of you "new" guys see this-Congratulations! You have much more willpower than I, as I am still so excited I can't stop talking about my car. There has been a lot of hype on Marauder superchargers lately, and I commend you on making the right decision. :beer:

Last edited:

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Anyone who does their homework and makes the right desision for themselves should not have to answer to anyone! Know what I mean Tallboy? Their may be other more powerfull kits available and I am not going to start the comparison game (goto www.mercurymarauder.net for more info).

I say ca'mon guys, let us know who you are.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
Defyant said:
Anyone who does their homework and makes the right desision for themselves should not have to answer to anyone! Know what I mean Tallboy? Their may be other more powerfull kits available and I am not going to start the comparison game (goto www.mercurymarauder.net for more info).

I say ca'mon guys, let us know who you are.

You're right, Defyant. What's the status of your kit-has it been shipped yet?

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Where is my blower

:nonono:
I am told there was a clerical problem between Amazon and Trilogy. It sould be in this week............ :nonono:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
Defyant said:
:nonono:
I am told there was a clerical problem between Amazon and Trilogy. It sould be in this week............ :nonono:

Hang in there man, it's worth the wait. Once you get it, open up the installation manual, you'll find the form to send in for your Trilogy Polo shirt with your serial# on it... :burnout:

FAMILYGUY

Established Member
Off topic a little...... Should I do the Kooks headers and complete exhaust system kit first or the trilogy blower system. I was told the kit plus superchip program was worth 38 hp at the wheels, over 60hp with trilogy blower (vs stock). Also, is the 4:10 gear set really worth it and does it cause ANY driveability/shifting concerns? I'm a Ford master tech and I know with some mods you loose driveability to gain power. I don't want to ruin it and I don't like boy racer loud exhaust (especially don't like the flowmaster drone @2000 rpm). I want to keep this puppy a sleeper, stealth is cool to me, looking forward to eating up some rice.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
FAMILYGUY said:
Off topic a little...... Should I do the Kooks headers and complete exhaust system kit first or the trilogy blower system. I was told the kit plus superchip program was worth 38 hp at the wheels, over 60hp with trilogy blower (vs stock). Also, is the 4:10 gear set really worth it and does it cause ANY driveability/shifting concerns? I'm a Ford master tech and I know with some mods you loose driveability to gain power. I don't want to ruin it and I don't like boy racer loud exhaust (especially don't like the flowmaster drone @2000 rpm). I want to keep this puppy a sleeper, stealth is cool to me, looking forward to eating up some rice.
If you want the ultimate sleeper, just bolt on a Trilogy kit. I have just the Trilogy kit. Bone stock gears, exhaust, trans, and torque converter. Even the stock airbox and paper filter. My car runs 13.1 with 35lbs of air in the stock tires, 3/4 of a tank of Amoco Ultimate, and all my crap in the trunk.

My friend has the Trilogy plus the Kook's, Torque Converter, and 4:56 gears, and he runs 12 seconds flat on Nitto Drag Radials.

It's all up to you and how far you want to go. :burnout:

FAMILYGUY

Established Member
tallboy said:
If you want the ultimate sleeper, just bolt on a Trilogy kit. I have just the Trilogy kit. Bone stock gears, exhaust, trans, and torque converter. Even the stock airbox and paper filter. My car runs 13.1 with 35lbs of air in the stock tires, 3/4 of a tank of Amoco Ultimate, and all my crap in the trunk.

My friend has the Trilogy plus the Kook's, Torque Converter, and 4:56 gears, and he runs 12 seconds flat on Nitto Drag Radials.

It's all up to you and how far you want to go. :burnout:

Thats kinda what I was thinking, your car is only 1 second slower, however, is totally stock until you hit the go pedal hard. Your friends car is obviously not stock and probably drives like it. I will save up and buy the trilogy kit and leave everything else alone. Appearantly the stock equipment is pretty good if you can drop 2 seconds off e.t. with just 8 psi of boost and soaking wet. How good was the install of the kit, trilogy claims it is as good as if it were OEM. Also, I assume the kit is intercooled in the exact same way the 03 and up cobras.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
FAMILYGUY said:
Thats kinda what I was thinking, your car is only 1 second slower, however, is totally stock until you hit the go pedal hard. Your friends car is obviously not stock and probably drives like it. I will save up and buy the trilogy kit and leave everything else alone. Appearantly the stock equipment is pretty good if you can drop 2 seconds off e.t. with just 8 psi of boost and soaking wet. How good was the install of the kit, trilogy claims it is as good as if it were OEM. Also, I assume the kit is intercooled in the exact same way the 03 and up cobras.

My friend's car drives quite well. He uses it every day, in fact it's his only car. You'd be surprised how well it does on the highway-the engine doesn't "scream" like you'd think it would.

My best E.T. before Trilogy was 15.3 seconds. The install was done by a member of this board, Carfixer. It does look and sound OEM until you punch it. You are correct on the intercooling, the Trilogy kit uses the same eaton M112 blower as the Cobra, but the nose is longer and the blower will not work on any other car-it is Marauder-specific.

Have you been to www.mercurymarauder.net yet?

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Uhmm, I'm the friend he was talking about, and his statements were correct, and BTW, he has been in my car. I drive it even in the snow, and there are absolutely no driveability issues with it. I'd be glad to give anyone who lives in CT a ride in my Marauder, and they would see for themself that it's perfectly tame and docile until I get to the half throttle mark, and then it turns into the low 12 second monster that the Trilogy Motorsports Supercharger kit has made it into.

I have the Kooks headers and a 2.5" diameter Kooks exhaust, but let me tell you that it's only given me about 15 HP over the otherwise stock Trilogy Marauders. And BTW, the stock Trilogy set-up pushes 9.5 PSI of boost (which is what I have). I'm getting 400 HP to the wheels, and you can see my track times below. Bottom line is, if you get the drag radials, you'll be in the high 12's with just the Trilogy S/Cer kit alone, and if you do the gears(atleast 4.10's), and headers in addition to that, then you'll be in the low 12's with the drag radials.

I've put 13,000 hard miles on my Marauder since I installed the Trilogy S/Cer(the car now has 24K total miles), I've raced it at the track on pump gas (93 octane) and I've driven it in temperatures from 6 degrees to 87 degrees, and I haven't had any problems at all yet. I was Trilogy Marauder customer #24 back in March 2004, and there are now 64 Marauders total that have the Trilogy S/Cer installed.

Last edited:

FAMILYGUY

Established Member
BillyGman, I meant no disrespect torward your car what so ever. Please don't think I was ragging on the modifications (in additon to the supercharger) you made. I was just trying to justify saving up for the charger because I want to start doing stuff to it now. Supercharger is the number 1 upgrade and thats what I will do first. It will just take me a year to save up for it, its pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
FAMILYGUY I was just trying to justify saving up for the charger because I want to start doing stuff to it now. Supercharger is the number 1 upgrade and thats what I will do first. It will just take me a year to save up for it said:
This is the way I did it. I was going to do gears, chip, etc. But, on advice from BillyGman and Carfixer, I decided to bite the bullet and get the Trilogy. I'm glad I did, as now the car is everything it should've been when it left the factory. No other mods are needed. :coolman:

FAMILYGUY

Established Member
Now I just have to contain myself (from spending) and start saving up. In the mean time, thinking about at changing to 4:10 gears with auburn carrier this summer. Being a Ford tech,Ihave seen less than great performance from a stock 8.8 "limited slip" carrier. They seem to burn clutches easily. What do you think????

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
"Familyguy", I wasn't offended at all by your previous comments. I was just simply dispelling a common misconception that many people have about S/Ced street cars, and tall gears on Marauders. Some S/Cer kits are much better than others. Like it's already been said here, you only get what you pay for. The Trilogy S/Cer kit adds 140 HP to an otherwise stock Marauder, and that's a 140 HP increase at the rear wheels that I'm speaking of. And that's with the standard 9.5 PSI pulley, and the standard chip that comes with every Trilogy kit. The factory stock Marauders are getting dyno tested at 240 HP at the wheels, and adding the Trilogy kit alone brings that number up to 380-385 HP (at the wheels).

So yes, $6,000 is a lot of coin to drop on one modification to your car, but what other modifications can you do to a factory stock Marauder that will add 140 HP to the rear wheels safely, and reduce your quartermile ET's by a full two seconds? The only thing that will do all of that for less $$ would be nitrous oxide injection. But with that you'll also have the added expense and inconvenience of having to drive across town, and fill that Nitrous bottle every week. Not my cup of tea. I'm happier with having all that power on demand whenever, and where ever, I want it, and without having to be concerned if a bottle is running out. With a S/Cer, the power is always there permanently, whenever you want to use it.

As far as the stock factory posi clutches in the Ford 8.8 rears, I haven't had any problems with mine yet, but my Marauder only has 24K on it's clock. There have been three Marauder owners that I know of who have blown the posi cluthes, and went with the Eaton differentials, but I believe that all three of those guys have about 50,000 miles on their cars. so from what I've heard, it seems that you should be able to count on atleast 50,000 miles out of the stock Ford 8.8 posi clutches, but after 50K you might be on borrowed time.

Last edited:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Defyant said:
My Trilogy should be in the mail today. I am now getting #67.
I want to read your first post here, and on the Marauder board once you've driven your car for the first time after getting the Trilogy S/Cer kit installed. Be sure to checkout that kit when it comes to you, and that fantastic installation manual that comes with it. I garantee you'll be thoroughly impressed.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
I got the tracking numbers, it should be here tomarrow. I have seen the manuel at Amazon. It is very impressive. Simply the time it took to put that together speeks to the time it took to develope the Trilogy kit.

Users who are viewing this thread