Tree almost killed my Cobra last night

speedoflife

Established Member
This is one of those circumstances where you ask yourself if you're really lucky or quite unlucky. Considering the fact that the house wasn't hit (renting - what a relief) and nobody was injured I consider myself lucky. I would have guessed the damage would be all or nothing in a falling tree incident, but instead I get a pleasantly small reminder on my Cobra's roof as to why I am insured. Not much of a story short of an very bright lightning strike and an extremely loud sound. I was to terrified to look until the morning. I had backed the car up slightly before taking pictures. Enjoy......

image_9.jpg

image_10.jpg

image_14.jpg

image_15.jpg

image_11.jpg

image_12.jpg

image_13.jpg

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
You're lucky as hell man! Ever since I've owned my cobra, I've been terrified of the weather and trying to keep my car out of the elements.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yikes! That was indeed close. I'll bet you breathed a huge sigh of relief when you check your Cobra after seeing that monster tree.

speedoflife

Established Member
I saw that stick that had gone through the ceiling of the carport and I was sure it had punctured the roof of the car. My neighbor called me early in the AM to let me know that tree had fallen and I was certain I had lost my car. I can't wait for it to stop raining to clean her up and take my car for the most grateful drive of my life.
Before walking outside to look, I had convinced myself that my Cobra was forever gone. It was the longest walk through my living room imaginable. I have no idea how that tree so narrowly missed completely smothering it. I am thankful to say the least.

SinisterMustang

Established Member
I saw that stick that had gone through the ceiling of the carport and I was sure it had punctured the roof of the car. My neighbor called me early in the AM to let me know that tree had fallen and I was certain I had lost my car. I can't wait for it to stop raining to clean her up and take my car for the most grateful drive of my life.
Before walking outside to look, I had convinced myself that my Cobra was forever gone. It was the longest walk through my living room imaginable. I have no idea how that tree so narrowly missed completely smothering it. I am thankful to say the least.

Hey Speedoflife,

Wow, that is definitely lucky! Someone was watching out for the ol' Cobra!

- Sinister Mustang

speedoflife

Established Member
Hey Speedoflife,

Wow, that is definitely lucky! Someone was watching out for the ol' Cobra!

- Sinister Mustang

Thank you sir.
Yes they were. That tree was also lined right up with the bedroom had it fallen the other way. That would have actually been scary.
Close call for sure.

Does anyone have any theories as to how it fell? I see no lightning burns or marks...
It has been raining for about 2 weeks straight. Could it have been soft ground? Can lightning take it down without leaving behind evidence?

One positive is that I now have lots of firewood.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Yeah, I'll say that was close. Glad to see the car wasn't totaled. Looks to be a fairly old tree and I noticed some of the branches have no leaves. That might be an indication of disease. Along with the ground being saturated and a good wind may have caused it's demise.

Users who are viewing this thread