Travel to Isreal

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
My wife has to go on business to Tel Aviv in July. I kind of want to go as it would be a once in a lifetime trip and probably the only place in the Middle East that an American can still go. I'd like to go to Jerusalem, but other than that what is there to do? How is traveling around? I am bit reluctant as I don't want to get blown up.
So who has gone and what's it like?

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
My sister was there a few weeks ago. Hamas decided to start launching rockets as soon as she got there. I guess they heard about her.
But it was on the other side of the country. The professor guiding the tour said they were safer there than they would be in Rome where they were headed next.

Other than that I'm no help.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
From what I have been told from friends that went there to train while in the military was that it is awesome and a great place to vacation. One of the guys I heard that from was even Atheist so it held no spiritual meaning to him, but he said he plans on going back because to him it was an incredible country. It is on my list of places to visit and I wouldn't worry about attacks. Just if you see people running for cover make sure to follow suit.

7upstang

Established Member
My wife has to go on business to Tel Aviv in July. I kind of want to go as it would be a once in a lifetime trip and probably the only place in the Middle East that an American can still go. I'd like to go to Jerusalem, but other than that what is there to do? How is traveling around? I am bit reluctant as I don't want to get blown up.
Have you looked into any tours while you are there?

Beautiful country. My uncle goes almost every year.
My sister was there a few weeks ago. Hamas decided to start launching rockets as soon as she got there. I guess they heard about her.
But it was on the other side of the country. The professor guiding the tour said they were safer there than they would be in Rome where they were headed next.

Other than that I'm no help.

LOL I had family members there as well, almost said the same thing about them.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Have you looked into any tours while you are there?

Beautiful country. My uncle goes almost every year.

No she just got the word today. There is a good cross section of people here so this is part of my research,lol.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I’ve visited there twice in the Navy (Haifa). Dead Sea, Jerusalem, and Masada are all spectacular. Do some research and take a good camera.

My Wife works for an Israeli company here in NJ and its main headquarters are based in Haifa. Even though my wife has never been over there the higher ups travel back and forth all the time from there. My wife's boss loves it over there in Haifa and tells her all the time how nice it is.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
There are many places.you can go in the middle.east. If you love fishing go.to Oman. With sultan as good being gay, they are a pretty open and tolerant society. It gets more traditional and conservative down in Salalah. But this time of year is Khareef or monsoon season. It is Ireland green and waterfalls to be seen.

Ammocurtis

Established Member
I have been twice in the last two years. Jerusalem is amazing. Try to get a guided tour. It will be worth the money. If you have the opportunity and time try to get to the Dead Sea. It is unlike anywhere I have ever been. If you do get to the Dead Sea, try to stop at Masada. It’s an old fort from many years ago that will blow your mind.

Users who are viewing this thread