Trapped 131.95mph w/c5Z06

Robz

Established Member
NICE times man! Thats definatly VERY rare, but it happens.

I just wish I could come off the line like that! But mines my DD and I must come out easy...no powershifting either. Oh and Im not so sure you will MPH higher with Drs....because you wont be able to hook and transfer all that energy from a high RPM launch into forward motion. My car ALWAYS looses MPH when I spin or cant come out hard due to prep or tires. N/A and now turbocharged.

Contrary to popular believe, Vettes actually launch very well even on the stock suspension and being IRS.
[On that night video pass, I drove to work on the etstreets went directly to the track in scrubs, aired the tires down, took one pass as a good stress relief, aired them up and drove home.]lol

I almost always pick up mph with drag radials about (1mph) and lose et (about .1-.2). You really shouldn't lose mph when you spin unless you bog after the spin. Maybe we can figure out what's happening on your launches?

Since the goal is ET I haven't run my current setup with drag radials.
On my car with low torque they tend to want to wheelhop also which we all know kills parts. The auto guys have much better success with drag radials on vettes at least.

Robz

Established Member
dam congrats!! did you post this over on tech???

you now gave me hope of wanting to see 129 traps speeds:)

when are you gonna head back to atco??? the air is getting really good now.

i just trapped 127.85 short shifting 2 weeks ago.

-brandon

Go for it Brandon. You have that car dialed in! I'd like to get out a few more times. This weekend sucks for me with the holiday. Saturday looks like mineshaft air.

Robz

Established Member
what does a port job cost on stock LS6 heads?

Not sure but it's not rocket science.It should cost a few hundred bucks, but you know how bad things are marked up. The best thing to do is to find someone reputable who does it on the side IMO.

braceyaself

Established Member
Contrary to popular believe, Vettes actually launch very well even on the stock suspension and being IRS.
[On that night video pass, I drove to work on the etstreets went directly to the track in scrubs, aired the tires down, took one pass as a good stress relief, aired them up and drove home.]lol

I almost always pick up mph with drag radials about (1mph) and lose et (about .1-.2). You really shouldn't lose mph when you spin unless you bog after the spin. Maybe we can figure out what's happening on your launches?

On my car with low torque they tend to want to wheelhop also which we all know kills parts. The auto guys have much better success with drag radials on vettes at least.

when i cut shyt 60fts my mph is terrible but when the car hooks and goes the mph is there! i think it has alot to do with my knock sensors going crazy being non after cooled i think the car starts to pull timing before the 1/8th!

Demonicbird00

10 second club
Established Member
NICE times man! Thats definatly VERY rare, but it happens.

I just wish I could come off the line like that! But mines my DD and I must come out easy...no powershifting either. Oh and Im not so sure you will MPH higher with Drs....because you wont be able to hook and transfer all that energy from a high RPM launch into forward motion. My car ALWAYS looses MPH when I spin or cant come out hard due to prep or tires. N/A and now turbocharged.

i guess is a lil different w/ you guys vettes/cobras w/ IRS. but w/ my car the best 60' i cut o ET Streets was 1.53 nd then the ass of the car was all sloppy on the big end of the track.

when i went over to the MT DRs 26" my best so far is a 1.491 and my mph is about 3mph faster.

im a m6 as well and the MT DRs are holding my 5-5.5k launches

rob w/ us being w/in 20ish rwhp im also gonna see if i can get down to teh 10.6s/7s..... time will tell i have a few things im doing this weekend....new ramair setup, finally an ewp early next week and the new 85mm lid

-brandon

Robz

Established Member
i guess is a lil different w/ you guys vettes/cobras w/ IRS. but w/ my car the best 60' i cut o ET Streets was 1.53 nd then the ass of the car was all sloppy on the big end of the track.

when i went over to the MT DRs 26" my best so far is a 1.491 and my mph is about 3mph faster.

im a m6 as well and the MT DRs are holding my 5-5.5k launches

rob w/ us being w/in 20ish rwhp im also gonna see if i can get down to teh 10.6s/7s..... time will tell i have a few things im doing this weekend....new ramair setup, finally an ewp early next week and the new 85mm lid

-brandon
Cool man. The air looks good this weekend. I do want to try the 26" mt et street radials in 16's at some point. Goodluck, you have a chance to run low. Do the tires break loose on the shifts at all?

Demonicbird00

10 second club
Established Member
nah ive never had a prob. ive never spun these tires ive always hooked.

you have 4.10s rite? if yougo to a 26" tire, your gonna run outta gear. w/ that tire and 4.10s your 4th gear will only go to 130. i have the MN12 trany in my car, so our 1-4 gears are the same. i know that when i get heads ill have to go to a 28" DR.

what are you shfting at?

-brandon

Robz

Established Member
nah ive never had a prob. ive never spun these tires ive always hooked.

you have 4.10s rite? if yougo to a 26" tire, your gonna run outta gear. w/ that tire and 4.10s your 4th gear will only go to 130. i have the MN12 trany in my car, so our 1-4 gears are the same. i know that when i get heads ill have to go to a 28" DR.

what are you shfting at?

-brandon
My limiter is bumped to 7100.
I try and shift right before the limiter. I plan on experimenting a bit with different shift points.(ie. 6800vs6900vs7000) to see where the car works best.

04gtstang

Established Member

Haha but you really dont have to worry about breaking things :D 3150# vette with beefy stock parts = fun at the track. Yes they definatly do, and thats because of how their weight is placed...50/50 or so I belive, vs the stangs 60/40 or so.

At Houston raceway with the 57s I went 11.75 @ 122 with a 1.84 60' and it falling on its face 150' from the trapps (valve float). On my other 9PSI runs @ went 120MPH EVERY TIME and ran in the low 12s. The two times I really hooked (11.75 and 11.79) I went 122. Its always been like that for me tho and I was coming out @ 5K....not dumping the clutch and no powershifting.

50_Dave

Established Member
I picked up 3 mph with drag radials, and I have yet to really drop the hammer down too. Drag radials for me allowed me to come out harder and be farther up in the power band range in my vette which is important as i make great mid/upper range power.

orange2004cobra

Established Member
Cool.
Tell him Lin sent you..

His fee for Aluminum 16v heads is $550.00 flowed on the Superflow600 Flowmench.

He gets $600 for 32v heads.

Other heads, he can quite you..

Give him a call, hes a really cool guy..

Users who are viewing this thread