Trapped 131.95mph w/c5Z06

Robz

Established Member
My car recently trapped just under 132mph N/A.
I have heads/cam and bolt ons on a stock 346 motor.
Stock weight/suspension/shocks also.
The clutch (tex twin) is brand new so I need some more seattime to get the et down more and the mph up more.

Last edited:

Robz

Established Member
What kind of power are you making? I am guessing the cam isn't all that mild. What heads as well. Very nice runs man!!

477rwhp 405rwtq best is 10.54 so far with a few passes.
463rwhp 404 rwtq best 10.55 in sig(old setup)
Ported stock ls6heads
Not sure of the cam specs I know it's 600lift and 23X's.

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
My car recently trapped just under 132mph n/a.
I have heads/cam and bolt ons on a stock 346 motor.
Stock weight/suspension/shocks also.
The clutch (tex twin) is brand new so I need some more seattime to get the et down more and the mph up more.

i would assume you are talking about a 1/4 mile?? what was the ET.. would seem a bit high for heads cam a some bolt ons.. i remember i went to the track and it said i trapped at 124mph.. I was NOT believing it because when I crossed the traps i was going 117. I hate how tracks trap your speed based off of timing and not a GUN.

Robz

Established Member
i would assume you are talking about a 1/4 mile?? what was the ET.. would seem a bit high for heads cam a some bolt ons.. i remember i went to the track and it said i trapped at 124mph.. I was NOT believing it because when I crossed the traps i was going 117. I hate how tracks trap your speed based off of timing and not a GUN.

The et was 10.54 for that pass.
I believe it's(the mph) a record for a H/C stock bottom end vette.
The 1/8 mph was 104.60.

Robz

Established Member
MS3 or MS4? by chance? I was looking at an MTI x1 sounded sick!

A friend has the ms4 and it's much more radical than my car.

Some vette guys have made 460+rwhp with the ms4 cam only without any head work which is huge power for a vette. The heads are usually good for another 50 these days but the hp doesn't always translate into good et's.
Alot of guys don't know how to drag race these cars.
The c5Z IMO is underated.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
you got a time slip?

something dosnt seem right. You made 477rwhp w/ ported ls6 heads and a 23? something lift cam?

And even if that, you trapped 132?

Robz

Established Member
you got a time slip?

something dosnt seem right. You made 477rwhp w/ ported ls6 heads and a 23? something lift cam?

And even if that, you trapped 132?
Yes, Yes, and Yes.
I can give you the breakdown.
I'm not new to the vette drag racing scene although I only started driving stick with this vette.(03)
I'll post up the breakdown when I get home, but I have some other record (at least on our forums)times with this car.
I went 10.96 when my car was cam only(baby cam) back in 04/05 with just 396rwhp/364rwtq.
I could throw up a video if anyone is interested of a run or 2.

Last edited:

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
That's blistering fast for that power level. What track was this, and what was the density altitude?

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Atco, isn't that known to be a very fast track?

Ranger only managed 129.50 out of a stock C6 Z06 in -850 ft density altitude - and they dyno ~455 RWHP stock. So you with only ~20 more RWHP and a substantially higher DA, I just don't see it happening.

I don't doubt the timeslip said what it did, but I don't think you're going to be running like a 132 MPH trap car on the 'ol street dyno.

I guess it's kind of like that night I trapped 124.46 MPH with ~460 RWHP and full weight - air was ~40* F and density altitude was -240. :shrug: I just chalked it up to the timing lights being off.

Last edited:

Robz

Established Member
Atco, isn't that known to be a very fast track?

Ranger only managed 129.50 out of a stock C6 Z06 in -850 ft density altitude - and they dyno ~455 RWHP stock. So you with only ~20 more RWHP and a substantially higher DA, I just don't see it happening.

I don't doubt the timeslip said what it did, but I don't think you're going to be running like a 132 MPH trap car on the 'ol street dyno.

I guess it's kind of like that night I trapped 124.46 MPH with ~460 RWHP and full weight - air was ~40* F and density altitude was -240. :shrug: I just chalked it up to the timing lights being off.

Well, not exactly,
I've trapped over 130 at least 10 times all on etstreets. Drag radials will mph higher. The 1st pass that day was 131+ also.
I'm good friends with John(Ranger) who knows my car well. He also has a 427ci. in his car. I have gears in a 346ci.

HERE ARE 2 VIDEOS for your enjoyment.lol
My old setup with 463rwhp/409rwtq

View My Video Lined up with a stang

View My Video

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread