Transmission??

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
Well I did a search before i wanted to post... an no hits so... Need some good info on a tranny..... T45 is shot (well not shot just stuck in 2nd gear...) so might as well upgrade to something better....

as much info would be appericated....Thx Vick

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
What about a T56??? thought that was the best route...

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
If you want a 6speed then yes.

what gears do you have?

None yet...stock... thinkiing about 4 10s when i do tranny an clutch

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Vick said:
What about a T56??? thought that was the best route...

Why ask if you know what you want?

For racing a TKO or a G-Force T-5 is the best.

For street driving with steep gears, a T56 would be the way to go. The first gear in a t56 is very high so without a gear swap your car will be a dog.

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
so would a viper t56 an 410s be a good comb??

money not an option btw

Badasp5.0

Established Member
na svt said:
Why ask if you know what you want?

For racing a TKO or a G-Force T-5 is the best.

For street driving with steep gears, a T56 would be the way to go. The first gear in a t56 is very high so without a gear swap your car will be a dog.

A t-5 behind a modular??? :shrug:

I would get a T56 since you can get them with a modular bellhousing so easy these days!

SVTCobra306

Established Member
TKO500/600. I'd go 600 personally if you ever want to use a power adder. You really want the 26 spline input shaft upgrade, and that brings the price of a TKO500 within 20 bucks of a TKO600 in most cases, so unless you simply really really want the 3.27 first gear instead of the 2.95 then go 600.

swtmustangman

Established Member
getting my car back from tranny shop tomorrow with the tko600 in it. The bill is roughly 3k for parts and labor. Give or take a $100 bucks or so. I had to buy a new clutch (31 spline), bellhousing (part # tccm1899), throw out bearing, 3 quarts of royal purple tranny fluid and a new clutch cable. Found the cheapest tko 600 at brothersperformance.com. So far, my tranny shop had to modify the clutch fork and relocate the tranny crossmember. Also they are installing a new speedo gear. I wasn't sure if the old one isn't the right one or what, he just orded another one ($.50), so not too bad. Anyway, I'll keep ya posted how well I like the new swap. My rear gear is a 3.73. I hope it's not too much of a dog.

swtmustangman

Established Member
ok guys... I picked up my tranny just the other day. It is stiffer than the t-45 but thats because it's new. It feels stronger and better for sure. They had to relocate my cross-member and in doing so, it won't clear my cats (thats because I had the cats welded in after I bought an off/rd h-pipe). Vibrations and rattles I've never heard before everywhere. I just ordered the PHP adaptor plate for TKOs. Hopefully this fixes the vibration problems. The adaptor plates claims you can leave the cross memeber in the stock location, which I hope will fix 99% if not all my problems. Cross fingers guys, I'll keep you all posted. With the 3.73s in the rear and the tall first gear of the tko-600 it is noticably slower, but thats an easy fix.....BLOWER TIME!!

Users who are viewing this thread