trans shifts like crap

SVT KLR

Established Member
Mgw shifter
Stock clutch quad and etc
Center force df clutch

It shifts fine driving normal, a little notchy but nothing out of the ordinary with a shifted you know.. But i can not speed shift it or even shift it fast when rpm are high. I have to let the rpm fall back down for it to fall in.. I just bought the car

SVT_Troy

Established Member
replace clutch quadrant with a UPR quadrant & firewall adjuster. adjust correctly and it will shift 10x better

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
replace clutch quadrant with a UPR quadrant & firewall adjuster. adjust correctly and it will shift 10x better

+1

Stock stuff sucks and has a lot of deflection when depressing the pedal. The UPR stuff is nice, but I prefer the Fiore adjuster with either a UPR triple hook quadrant or Steeda quick release.

beastmar

Established Member
I had a dfx clutch in my car and absolutely hated it! I had those exact problems and 2 owners before me with the same clutch felt the same way. I just installed a spec 2+ and that clutch is far better than my centerforce dfx. And the pedal feel was just complete garbage. I have a aftermarket firewall adjuster and clutch quadrant so it was adjusted as best as it could be but still had those issues. It's like running into a wall when trying to shift quickly in the higher rpms. I also have the mgw orange handle.

TRBO VNM

Anyone post a picture of their fire wall adjuster adjusted correctly?

That won't matter. Between different adjusters, clutch setups and stretched or not stretched cables, the adjustment will be different. Along with that, the quadrant people use changes the location of the adjuster.

Users who are viewing this thread