Tranny issues have got me down!

busabruce

Established Member
The things that I have done to fix the issue include:

New clutch and flywheel installed by the dealer
MGW Shifter
Amsoil transmission fluid.

I just want to be able to line up next to someone and know I can race them with out wondering if I'm going to get locked out of second. I have noticed 3rd grind but not as bad as the 2nd lockout.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
I would never use a strap type clutch or an OEM flywheel in a car I race with. When I hear mine rattle I know its disengaged, and if I want to use engine braking I can without worry. May have nothing to do with your problem, its JMHO and experience.

Black Sex

Established Member
My trans dont grind too often. It only breaks the shift shaft roll pin and Ford denys my warranty due to aftermarket Steeda shifter. So keep that in mind when you guys are throwing all these aftermarket parts on it to try to cure the issue.

Those of you installing the WOT box, do you still have to splice into the factory harness if you buy JUST the WOT box and not the launch control feature? I normally shift with the gas to the floor but have been thinking about getting one just to take the load off the trans while doing so.

busabruce

Established Member
*******UPDATE*****

I heard through some members here and other SVT groups that a WOT box can help the issue. Well I'm here to say it has fixed mine. I installed it on Sat and have been driving the hell out of it to try and get it to grind or lock me out of second with no luck! I really love the way the WOT box allows me to row through the gears now. I know it's not a real fix but for the money it's a great band-aid. Until I swap out for a D&D transmission this will have to do.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
My question is this:

What kind of tires or suspension mods do all of you guys have that allow you to go WOT in 1st gear on the street WITHOUT melting your rear tires????? Even when my car was bone stock I couldn't get traction in 1st unless I really tried to articulate the pedal to avoid it. Now that I have a TVS, I don't think I will EVER be able to hook up 1st gear on the street, even if I had DR's.

-Nick

Users who are viewing this thread