Tragic Loss of a board member - Safety reminder

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
R.I.P. I can't even count on how many time's I didn't use jack stands but for the last year or so I don't work on the car unless it's supported by 2 jack stands.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
R.I.P. I can't even count on how many time's I didn't use jack stands but for the last year or so I don't work on the car unless it's supported by 2 jack stands.

+1 tragic story like this really hits home

if he was doing the clutch like it sounds like he was, it is so hard to get the car up high enough to move the t-56 out of the way. you have to get the car so high up and you really need some serious jackstands to that job yourself. safety first always

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
This is terrible news. R.I.P. purdueranger.
What ever jacking system I use I always have a backup in case one fails. If the car I am working on is on jack stands I always keep the jack in place as a backup and I use wood blocks just incase something fails. Sometime its to much but I like to be safe. Sometimes people get in a hurry or excited about getting there new parts installed they over look the saftey aspect. Like the OP said now is the time to be cautious.

mach1033

Established Member
This really sucks to read about this tradegy. I read his final post's and you can just tell he was so excited about getting his car back. Rest in peace and God bless you and your family.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
There was another thread started about this already, may he RIP. Very sad indeed.

Jefe

Established Member
Oh my gosh, this is horrible. Rest in Peace brother. We can only imagine what you are doing now

Users who are viewing this thread