Traded my 50th Anniversary in

Dadz500

Established Member
So I have always been a Convertible Mustang Guy. I have had a few hardtops, all GT500's. I bought my car about a week before the Verts came out and when I saw them in person I knew I must have one.

So a call to my local Dealer and Friend and they got me the car I wanted. Of course it doesn't have PP because you can't get it in a Vert but it had all other options. So $4k out of pocket and I had a Vert. lost nothing on my Anniversary car since I paid Invoice for it and it only had 200 miles on it they gave me invoice for it and I am sure will sell for sticker. New car was had at Invoice as well plus $500 rebate.

I already had my springs and temporary wheels switched over, ordered the Ford Racing Supercharger and Big Brake kit and today the H Pipe and Cat Back Magnaflow Exhaust goes on, so it will sound sweet!

So here are some photos of 'old' and new for your viewing pleasure.

IMG_1549_zpse46c9792.jpg

IMG_1548_zps0e3b4ea3.jpg

IMG_1573_zps951bf701.jpg

IMG_1574_zps3d9ece53.jpg

Oddly enough it feels like the Vert drives better. Handles better, shifts better, clutch feels better, just about everything. I did not expect that. I thought the coupe would feel much stiffer being a coupe and a PP car but I LOVE the way the new one drives and handles.

I still have many plans left for the car but still waiting for many of the parts I want to change to become available. As soon as Maximum Motorsports comes out with a complete coil-over kit and all the bushings and everything else that comes in their "Grip in a Box" kit I will upgrade. I used that kit on my 03 Termi Vert and is a night and day difference.

Also trying to figure out what rear spoiler to use or if I should run one. I was going to go with the Roush but it doesn't work on the Verts because it covers the 3rd brake light. They always make things that work on both cars. I called them but they told me they had no idea if/when they would have one. So for now I may pull the little thing off the back they put on stock and run the upgraded one from Ford. I also have a set of Forged wheels being built right now and should have them in 3 weeks. Went with 20x11 rear and 20x9.5 front, same size as what is on there now, same rear offset but a higher offset for the front to make the track wider and bring the top of the tires closer to the fender.

No rubbing, no fitment issues at all and that is with running Michelin PS2 SS which tend to run wider then the other brands. Currently running a 315/35 and 275/35.

More photos to come once she is clean and it is a nice day out. Hard color to catch accurate in the sun.

Matt-

Last edited:

GrabUblue

Established Member
That 50th was set up nice and clean! I seen one at my local dealer and they said it sold within hrs for 12k over msrp! Its awaiting a carhauler to head to Massachusetts.With that being said I'm also looking for a CO 15.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
All 50th's are Selling for +$5000.00 or MORE Over Sticker, WHY In Gods name would a Dealer sell YOU one for Invoice????????

My guess is he's either an exceptionally good customer or he's very close to or related to management. They probably got more than one or two. Either way, works out for him.

Dadz500

Established Member
My guess is he's either an exceptionally good customer or he's very close to or related to management. They probably got more than one or two. Either way, works out for him.

Because I am a VERY good customer and buy multiple cars from them and their other Dealers every year as well as send them a ton of business. I also sponsor their Arca Race Car as well. I also have become very good friends with them over the last 12 years and probably 250 cars that I have bought.

In addition, anyone can buy an Anniversary car at Invoice if they shop around enough, they are out there to be had.

Dadz500

Established Member
Competition orange verts are SICK!!! I think you made a good choice :)

Thanks! I love it. Vert are the way to go for me when it comes to Mustangs. Porsche's always are a hardtop, in fact all my other cars have been hardtops but out of the 40+ Mustangs I have owned only my Boss 302 (s), 1 GT500 and this first 2015 were hardtops. The rest all verts.

It goes in Monday for the Supercharger install and some other suspension goodies as well as a brake upgrade.

xfyre101

Because I am a VERY good customer and buy multiple cars from them and their other Dealers every year as well as send them a ton of business. I also sponsor their Arca Race Car as well. I also have become very good friends with them over the last 12 years and probably 250 cars that I have bought.

In addition, anyone can buy an Anniversary car at Invoice if they shop around enough, they are out there to be had.

~21 cars a year..~2 cars a month..what do you do with all those cars??

FIVEHOE

Established Member

Someone's gotta keep the local dealerships thriving.

I think the 50th looked amazing, but then again I've never been the biggest soft top fan.

Grats on the new ride, sounds like you are wasting no time.

Dadz500

Established Member

In the past I was buying about 50 cars/year. I have since slowed down due to my handicap and the fact that I can't drive many of them. I used to keep about 10 cars at a time and just buy and flip when I got bored.

Anyone who has known me since I have been on this Forum knows I have a "car addiction" and I like the thrill of building them up but once that is done I get bored and sell them.

Users who are viewing this thread