trade your 03 for a Z06?

sonic cobra

Established Member
Looks like someone did. I'll admit to stopping twice to check out the new Z06 prominently displayed in front of the local chevy dealership. - sweet. Zero % for 5 years for a vette is tempting but don't think wife would go for it a second time.Besides, I'm happy with my Cobra. Anyway, I drove by this morning and the z06 is gone and I noticed a black 03 Cobra on used car lot. No price on the sticker I may stop by after work just to see what they're asking for it. Good luck with your new Z06

Honest Mike

Established Member
I see you are in NJ also, which Chevy dealership is this?? I know Wigder Chevy on route 10 has or had 2 2003 Z06s outside. Mike :beer:

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Nice car. Just ain't me.

I ever get a Vette, it'll be a late '60's Coupe with a 427.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
I wouldn't even consider it unless it was a Blue one, and even then I still don't think I would do it, even if I could. I can't btw, because even at 0% and for $48K (the lowest I've heard claimed), the payment is still $800/ month. I just couldn't swing that.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Not a good move for me..thats why I bought an 03 Cobra...if its a nice day after work....wife goes to work...2 youngest kids are with me and yes...I can go for a ride in my Cobra because I have room for a baby seat in the back and my 5 year old. And when my wife and I are both off, we can do the same. In a Vette...its a lonely lonely life.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

lifter213

Established Member
Yeah i would. My dad has an 02 Electron Blue Z06 and i would give up my Cobra for the Z06. Probably not the Electron Blue i'd rather have a black one. I still love my Cobra though. :beer:

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by Mike 97 SS
I know Wigder Chevy on route 10 has or had 2 2003 Z06s outside. Mike :beer:
I drive by them every day..they've had the Torch Red, Black and an Electron Blue Z06 outside for months..only reason i noticed is cos of the Torch Red :p ;-)

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
No. Z06 is an older gentleman's ride. IMHO...
Much as I would rather roll BMW than Benz. Give me a holler in another ten years...

Friendchicken

to go from a 33k mustang to a 48k Z06 is a big jump. If I were going to spend that kind of money, I'd buy a porsche.

ONEJETI

Established Member
I HAD AN 01 ZO6 ..I HATED THE RIMS LOVE THE INTERRIOR AND WAS EASYER TO KEEP CLEAN...BUT THE COBRA IS ALOT MORE FUN TO DRIVE WHEN IT HAS 477 AT THE REAR WHEELS.:) I COULD OF BOUGHT AN 03 ZO6....GLAD I DIDNT

davidmax

Established Member
I own both and both are far from stock,however even stock there both badass rides.My most recent 03' Cobra is a 5.2 litre stroker (SHM)
putting down at the wheels beetween 715 on the low side 93+ octane required and I can flip it over to 100 octane,or my 104+ These programs on CD download in 10 seconds from a laptop with the software Sean has provided,and to the best of my knowlledge it will lay down about 790- 825 net HP.
The Z06 is a 7litre(427 ci) C5R daytona block super strong with all the best pieces available along with 2 huge intercoolers along with a 20.00
K&N Conical on each Intercooler.
This will lay doown beetween 750-close to 1000 hp rrwhp and 1200 ft of TQE. the Hi #'s are on 104 I can go 109 and advance it out by a few degrees and that thrusts it hard with hi #'s.
I usually use 94 or so octane and 9 lbs,with the waste gates open at 11 Lbs.This system at 11 lbs. = my ATI F seres race blower on 03' Cobra to 22+ lbs.
We all need to learn boost is important,however the amount of air and its temp are the2 greatest variables 11lbs of turbo boost is 3 times if not 4x's the CFM than the Eaton with 2.80 pulley and no overeving or ping.
Plus an air to air I.C with a C02 sprayer for the I.C. increases HP and Tqe. amazing.I like the K.B for the Ford 4.6 4 cam motor,However I feel the ATI with the correct I.C is as good as you can get on a SC,to evidence the HI #'s I run a maximum of 17-18 Lbs. of air,I believe you would need to change out pulleys on the ATI "F" series to run close to 30+ lbs,and then you still must spray the I.C and C02 is the most desireable kit made,and you may = the engine output I would bet the Ati would whoop the K.B hands down.
Good Luck making power and lots of it..If you need some help call Mike and tell him Dave S. whos good buds with Sean Hyland and he will help you.We have done 1/2 dozen K.B's and 200+ ATI's and never a fault on either,I dont know any warrantty deals on K.B but ATI for 150-200.00 offers you a 3 year 36k mile warrantty its a good deal,Dave S.

Honest Mike

Established Member
Xplicit, you are right, that damn torch red is an eye catcher! I think the torch red is by far the best color on a Z06. Alot of the guys love the electron blue, I like it too, but I dont see the big deal in it. To me, a Corvette should be bright red. Just an oppinion I guess. By the way, did you happen to see the black Silverado SS up on the drive on ramp between the Corvettes?? I didnt stop to look at it, but judging from just driving by, it looked to be the SS one, but Im not 100% sure. Mike :beer:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
why would you want to trade your cobra for a slower, uglier, and more expensive Z06.

Z06 :burn:

Before the pack rats get excited, this post was only ment to be humerous.

SVT4ME

Established Member
I dont think its an old mans car just not as practical as the snake. Up-grades, four seats and price just make the snake the right choice.

sonic cobra

Established Member
The z06 in question was red and it was at Patterson Chev in Trenton. But I think the sticker was more like 52 or 56K. and I agree with most. I'm just a mustang kinda guy!

Users who are viewing this thread